Last night was our annual Turner Syndrome Awareness night.

1,080 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Polarbear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
baylor1984
If that doesn't tug at your heart I don't know what will.
geewago
There are so many dreadful diseases in this world, including the monster called cancer that seems to be affecting nearly half the people I know. Just wish we could live good long healthy lives and then fall over like a toppling tree and pass into the next scene.

I had two boys that were born picture perfect. They even seemed to be slightly above normal when it came to their skill sets. But at six months old they both began to have seizures that just could not be controlled. Doctors believed it had to do with something that was wrong in our genes passed on to them. They were diagnosed with kinsbourne myoclonic encephalopathy which is just a big set of words used to describe seizures that no medicine will help. They both died at six. Completely bed fast and brain dead . I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But I loved them and have two oil paintings of them still hanging on my wall that will always be there.

My sympathy goes out to anyone that suffers from any deadly disease of any kind. But especially the little children. I just have a hard time accepting why they have to be affected by such problems. Of such is the kingdom of heaven
BaylorGrad&Dad
geewago, thank you for posting this and sharing your love and grief. Too often we see people on the outside, but you were kind enough to show us your inside. May The Lord bless you with His tender touch and fill your heart.

Bless you for what you are and what you do for BU.
blueeyedbear
geewago thanks for posting such a personal story - Nowadays when people hid behind anonymous postings its so refreshing to see someone put his heart out there for all to see. I echo BaylorGrad& Dad's eloquent post.
Polarbear
Geewago, thanks for sharing. Prayers to you and your family, and respect for your courage and dignity to get through such a painful experience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.