Louisville Going Down to Florida State

4,292 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eball
fubar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At home. Down 10 with under 20 seconds to go.

Couldn't happen to a better group. (Yes, I'm still bitter.)
geewago
That's Finger Licking Good
fubar
FSU wins 67-59.

Yum.
txrangers
Couldn't happen to a nicer coach.
BuinmyBlood
Funny thing about this game was that Louisville came back from trailing by 11 in the third quarter, to tie the game going into the fourth quarter - only to watch Florida State go on a 10 - 0 run from that point, then close out the game by hitting like 8-9 free throws to polish off Walz on their home court.

Just a beautiful thing to watch....

whitetrash
Meanwhile, Indiana loses at home to Maryland. SCar and MissSt have no trouble on the road at Arky and Tennessee respectively.
hitmanmw
Haley Van Lith...why, why, why????
slimecap
ESPN BRACKETOLOGY
Feb 7, 2020

slimecap
Florida State was not on the First Reveal list of the NCAA Committee

NCAA Committee seed
vs Coaches Poll Feb 4, 2020

1 01 Baylor (19-1)
1 02 South Carolina (21-1)
1 03 Oregon (20-2)
1 04 Louisville (21-1)
2 05 Stanford (20-2)
2 06 UConn (19-2)
2 07 North Carolina State (21-1)
3 08 Mississippi State (20-3)
3 09 Oregon State (18-4)
3 10 UCLA (19-2)
3 11 Gonzaga (22-1)
2 12T Maryland (18-4)
4 12T Arizona (18-3)
4 14 DePaul (20-3)
-- 15 Kentucky (17-4)
-- 16 Texas A&M (18-4)

Other two NCAA Committee 4 seeds
4 20 Iowa (18-4)
4 23 Northwestern (19-3)
57Bear
hitmanmw said:

Haley Van Lith...why, why, why????
It's harder to be a STAR when you play on a TEAM!!!!
DanaDane
Does this mean the person who's been voting Louisville #1 will finally switch his/her vote next week? Probably not. It was pretty obvious Louisville shouldn't have been #1, yet was being extended a vote anyway.
slimecap
DanaDane said:

Does this mean the person who's been voting Louisville #1 will finally switch his/her vote next week? Probably not. It was pretty obvious Louisville shouldn't have been #1, yet was being extended a vote anyway.
Deb Antonelli is the only vote for Louisville as #1.
She can be reached at her twitter account: @debbieantonelli
Eball
slimecap said:

DanaDane said:

Deb Antonelli is the only vote for Louisville as #1.
She can be reached at her twitter account: @debbieantonelli
yep she said on air she would be changing her vote...to be fair UL was without one of their best players who was playing somewhere overseas with her National team trying to qualify for something...
BUbackerinET
HVL's decision still makes absolutely no sense to me - guy is such a tool, can't believe anyone would choose to play for him, but obviously they do...
BUbackerinET
Syracuse up on them 15-12, end of first - would love to see them drop this one too
GarlandBear84
Syracuse is 11-11 this season and leads Louisville 47-36 with six minutes left on espn2.
BUbackerinET
50-38 Cuse, 3:00 left - L'ville going down again - take that Creme - bet they're not on that top line now!
BUbackerinET
Cuse 59, L'ville 51 final - nice
geewago
BUbackerinET said:

So Oregon lost to this team??? Dat don't look good.
BUbackerinET
True
blueeyedbear
geewago said:

BUbackerinET said:

not so fast - Louisville does not have one of their best players right now - she is qualifying for her national team
SirBearALot
if she is qualifying for her national team, is she not in class ? Something don't smell right about Ratsville !!
SirBearALot
UConn, Stanford and Louisville all lost.. NC St should be a 1 seed now..

And UCLA will be a 2.. schedule favors UCLA if they can beat Oregon at home next week..
geewago
blueeyedbear said:

geewago said:

BUbackerinET said:

not so fast - Louisville does not have one of their best players right now - she is qualifying for her national team
Ok.......take one of our starters off the team.........Smith for example and replace with Egbo...........Or Juicy and replace with Moon. You don't think BU could beat an 11 - 11 team that is in ninth place in the ACC without that player? I DO.
Eball
geewago said:

blueeyedbear said:

geewago said:

BUbackerinET said:

Ok.......take one of our starters off the team.........Smith for example and replace with Egbo...........Or Juicy and replace with Moon. You don't think BU could beat an 11 - 11 team that is in ninth place in the ACC without that player? I DO.
This is why I think we are the best team in the Country...UL is not...they are good when they have all their parts but they lack depth and consistency. I think South Carolina is the team most likely to be considered as good if not better as a team than us...Oregon lacks depth and consistency as well.

Now this does not mean we will win every game and another National Championship but I think we have the best chance to do so...we are built for a Championship run.

South Carolina starts three freshman and does not have tremendous depth they are ripe for an upset and or a let down...There starting five talent though is really top notch.
slimecap
geewago said:

BUbackerinET
I generally agree with all of this and totally agree that we could repeat, but we did lose th South Carolina - not saying they are better than us now, but they were, and unless they get beat, or we take them down in the tournament in the rematch (final 4, or final), then we are behind them.
Eball
BUbackerinET said:

I generally agree with all of this and totally agree that we could repeat, but we did lose th South Carolina - not saying they are better than us now, but they were, and unless they get beat, or we take them down in the tournament in the rematch (final 4, or final), then we are behind them.
We played them without LC...we played them third game in three days...they lost to Indiana earlier in the same event. They lost at full strength to a team which we beat in same tournament...it is difficult to take too much away from our game other than they were very good and we are better when we have LC...I would say trying to play our brand of basketball defense and pushing the ball running on offense every chance we get is taxing and we were tired...

Tea had one of her worst games and it is likely the emotions of playing against her old team were at least partially to blame.

I like our chance at full strength as those three freshmen will play like freshmen if you give them the chance.

I think the SEC is down as a conference this year, so I am going out of a limb here but I think SC loses a game or two before the NCAA's. They are bound to have a lull or a bad game to two...it just happens.
whitetrash
Eball said:

BUbackerinET said:

We played them without LC...we played them third game in three days...they lost to Indiana earlier in the same event. They lost at full strength to a team which we beat in same tournament...it is difficult to take too much away from our game other than they were very good and we are better when we have LC...I would say trying to play our brand of basketball defense and pushing the ball running on offense every chance we get is taxing and we were tired...

Tea had one of her worst games and it is likely the emotions of playing against her old team were at least partially to blame.

I like our chance at full strength as those three freshmen will play like freshmen if you give them the chance.

I think the SEC is down as a conference this year, so I am going out of a limb here but I think SC loses a game or two before the NCAA's. They are bound to have a lull or a bad game to two...it just happens.
SC's only remaining game against anyone with a pulse is at Kentucky, and they have struggled mightily since Rhyne Howard broke a finger. Maybe MissSt can catch them in the SECSECSEC tourney (which is in SC) but that's probably the only chance before the NCAAs.
Eball
whitetrash said:

Eball said:

BUbackerinET said:

SC's only remaining game against anyone with a pulse is at Kentucky, and they have struggled mightily since Rhyne Howard broke a finger. Maybe MissSt can catch them in the SECSECSEC tourney (which is in SC) but that's probably the only chance before the NCAAs.
You are probably right but Howard is back I think as of last game when they got blown out by ARK? I think,,,I give LSU A&M(if their star back) and UK a punchers chance and I just think SC is due for a let down bad game it is what Freshmen do...as I say the SEC is down this year. Miss ST in tourney will give them a game.
SCspur
It's a great thing to see when Baylor fans are praying on your downfall lol
WacoKelly83
SCspur said:

Not praying for it but really, really, really hoping for a rematch.
SCspur
I'm hoping for a rematch as well! Eager to see Cox matchup with Aliyah and see the best two defenses in the country collide one more time. Much respect to the lady bears!
bawitdaball
I'm hoping Oregon loses two games before the announcement and NC State runs the table - I'd hate to be in a Final Four and have to play Oregon and if you beat them have to turn around and play SC. A touch 1-2 punch. Can be done, just a heavy dosage. I also would hate to be a 1 seed with Maryland as the 2. They are coming on strong and could be a Final Four dark horse.
Eball
SCspur said:

Certainly not praying for their down fall just pointing out that even though SC is one of the three best teams in the Nation right now they still may drop a a game or two before the NCAA not because they are not good but because they start three freshmen who no matter how good they are will sometimes play like freshmen.

I don't think there is a an absolute dominant team this year but I think SC, BU and Oregon have the best chances to win it all.

I also think SC and BU have the much easier path to the NCAA than Oregon because our leagues are down a bit this year. You guys have MSU to challenge you but we really have no one at that level...TCU and UT are better than the rest of the Country are giving them credit for but still they are top 25 caliber at best whereas MSU is top 10 level...ARK and UK are top 25 level talented as well but not Tennessee they get by on their name in my opinion. A&M is dangerous because of one player...who is still out? Who else is really competing well in the SEC?

We both maybe surprised when we face some really good competition the 3rd round into the NCAA tournament.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.