Kalani Brown trade per "league sources"

2,735 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearFan33
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Eball
slimecap said:

Should be a good move for her basketball wise...likely to get more run and opportunities...of course she seemed pretty happy in LA...Brown always seemed happy to me...contented...whether she was starting or coming off bench she just did what was asked of her and always seemed fine with it..sometimes coaches can mistake that attitude as lacking competitive desire but for all of us who saw her play we know how good she could be. We also saw how hard she worked on her fitness to help the team.
Heart
Thanks, slimecap
bowdedg
Puts her close to her parents too!
HoustonBear15
She'll love Atlanta, it's a great place. Much more affordable than LA too.
Polarbear
Fascinating that Kalani and Marie are traded for each other.
Oregon State knocked us out of 2018 tournament in the round of 16. Marie Gulich was outstanding that day, with 26 points on 58% shooting, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals. As I recall, both Lauren and Kalani took turns trying to stop her, but Gulich was just too accurate, too mobile, and too creative.
Today Kalani is traded for Gulich plus Brittney Sykes.
slimecap

slimecap
Atlanta's Angel McCoughtry signs with Las Vegas
willtalk
It seems obvious that LA is shooting for a more mobile running type of team. Marie is a good player but she has just been on the wrong team. Being on the wrong team can really hinder a player. I think Atlanta is more than likely a better spot for KB as well. But all and all this trade is a surprise to me. I thought LA was happy with Brown. But then again who knows what their plans for next season will be. Perhaps a wholesale change of roster.
Baylorkid
Does Atlanta dream still have the rights to kristy Wallace? Also, I wish prince was still on the dream roster! That'd be cool to have all 3 be on the same team again
slimecap
"On Monday, the Atlanta Dream sent two players to the Sparks for Brown.

"The night before I got a call from my agent saying that they traded me to Atlanta and I was like "Oh! Ok,'" Brown said. "It was kind of by surprise, but I think it was a good move. They were like, 'We were hoping that you would fall to (the Dream's first draft pick at 11th overall last April), but we knew probably that wouldn't be possible.' According to them, they were pursuing me for a while, for some months, and finally the opportunity presented itself."

- Chad Conine, Waco Tribune Herald, 12 Feb 2020
historian
There is an article about Kalani in the Waco Tribune Herald. She was supposed to be at the game tonight but I don't think they announced anything. If they did, I missed it.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap
New Atlanta team mate for Kalani
Former Tennessee Vol & WNBA Dallas Wings player Glory Johnson

willtalk
This offseason in the WNBA has seen a flurry of trades and free-agent signing. Probably because the new collective bargaining agreement created a lot of cap space that is being taken advantage of this year. A lot of sign and trade activity. A lot of teams will have entirely new looks. It should be interesting.
slimecap

- Feb 19, 2020
BearFan33
slimecap said:

- Feb 19, 2020
Halani?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.