3/5 - Mulder you ready for this one?

6,763 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mulder
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
???
ScottS
Asking for a friend
GrizBear
Karen Aston is puzzled ?????????

Whooped by Iowa State in Austin.
ScottS
Bump
GarlandBear84
Will Kim rest her starters with another B12 title clinched?
setshot
Good question, GarlandBear.

She does not want to put her seeding at risk by playing too many bench players too soon, but I would dearly love to see her sub them in on a rotating basis with her starters so that there is not a preponderance of bench players on the floor too often. Often players perform on a higher level when they are playing with other high level teammates. I have never been a fan of unit substitutions, though I fully understand the rationale for it.

I really like the pattern of substitution that Mulkey is using with Egbo and Ursin, and both are performing at a high level in their current rotation.
Mulder
GarlandBear84 said:

Interesting.

The Lady Longhorns were the last team to put an L on The Lady Bears in the Ferrell Center, 85-79.
Will Coach Mulkey, at the risk of another loss to to her main rivals, rest Didi, Laurel and their comrades?
I'd doubt it.

Cards on the table . . . it'd be okay with me if they sat this one out.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Valkyrie
Some of these players have individual national awards that can be stymied by sitting on the bench. I can see playing some bench players for more minutes but I don't see changing a lot of playing time for starters unless there's a blow out taking place.
ScottS
Soon
ScottS
Pain
BaylorTaxman
I would think a #1 seed is very important this year, and we have to play at Iowa State after the UT game. So she won't rest the starters. There is work left to do.

Jack Bauer
Karen will be out of the Ferrel Center when the clock hits 0:00 faster than the roadrunner.

She will dread every single second of our game.
Jack Bauer
GarlandBear84 said:

No way. Maybe in the last minute if we are up 20+
BU71
Jack Bauer said:

Karen will be out of the Ferrel Center when the clock hits 0:00 faster than the roadrunner.

Let's hope so but Texas played with more hustle and determination, or desperation, than usual the other day. Ok, I agree they were not playing BU but their inside game and defense were very good against TCU. That being said if we play up to our standard we should come away with a double digit win and get valuable PT for the backups.
Eball
We need to be tested I hope UT is at their best if they are they do have the talent to give us a run for our money...I think we are just too strong this year but you never know....
Bruingirl
Jack Bauer said:

She may try to sneak the team out and head to the bus at halftime is the beat down is already strong. We might need to put security at the tunnel exits.
Can't it just be game time already?
ScottS
tomorrow
4th and Inches
ScottS said:

tomorrow

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ScottS
Bump
Mike Cassell
No TV for this one? No espn or espn+?
GarlandBear84
Mike Cassell said:

No TV for this one? No espn or espn+?

FS1 at 7:30.
ScottS
Its on like Donkey Kong
Mulder
16 - 1 after tonight's match-up?

Once upon a time a certain Coach said, you can learn more by losing than you can by winning.
ScottS
Mulder said:

Once upon a time a certain Coach said, you can learn more by losing than you can by winning.
Do you think UT has been playing well enough to beat us? LOL.
Eball
24-10 after 1
4th and Inches
Eball said:

24-10 after 1
UT has us right where they want us...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
So... how you feeling about that prediction Mulder?

–Horace

fubar
Mulder said:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLonghorns must have Leonardo, Galileo, Einstein, Hawking and that dude who won on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" starting by now.
ScottS
Don't you love how UT gets down by 25 or so and then near the end of the game they start pressing to try to get the lead under 20 points?
GarlandBear84
ScottS said:

Don't you love how UT gets down by 25 or so and then near the end of the game they start pressing to try to get the lead under 20 points?

In the postgame radio interview Kim said some coaches don't understand unwritten rules. Said I emptied my bench and she presses full court. Why didn't she do that against my starters?
Saddle Up!
GarlandBear84 said:

ScottS said:

In the postgame radio interview Kim said some coaches don't understand unwritten rules. Said I emptied my bench and she presses full court. Why didn't she do that against my starters?

I wish she had said that again in the postgame video with the 4 seniors, but I guess she wasn't asked. From the TV broadcast it looked like she was yelling toward Aston at the timeout responding to that press of the backups, but they cut away immediately, and the announcers never referenced it. Can any of you confirm that she definitely was yelling at Aston, or did she confirm it in her postgame radio interview?
AirBear
Yes. She yelled at Karen something like"you start pressing now?" Johnny pulled her back. Kim was stoked.
Lone Star
You know what needs to happen? The media for the "other" team should ask the coach what the rationale is behind pressing the opposing teams substitues when you are down by 20 with less then 2 minutes to go. THAT is how you get to the bottom of the truth and irrational behind doing that when, you should have been pressing to start the 4th quarter.

The other thing that should happen but probably did not because the BU fans are too classy is, the BU fans behind the Cowgirls bench should have been chiding Karen loudly for that decision to press at the end of the game. I mean get mean and nasty (in a non-vulgar way) with that idiotic decision.

Hats off to CKM for yelling at KA about that move.
Mulder
Wouldn't it be something if someone yelled at Coach Mulkey:

'Don't you have your hands full coaching your own team!'
Chibears2
Mulder said:

Wouldn't it be something if someone yelled at Coach Mulkey:

'Don't you have your hands full coaching your own team!'
Ha! Kinda funny 'cause by that point, team was coasting. Even Karen could have coached them to a victory!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.