Compare this picture to its caption

2,042 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bunation
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/article/No-2-Baylor-women-beat-TCU-81-62-for-52nd-Big-12-15052325.php#photo-19025674

The link above features the following photo and caption:

"Baylor forward Lauren Cox (15) fouls TCU guard Lauren Heard (20) as she attempts a shot in the first half of an NCAA college basketball game, Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020, in Waco, Texas."

I do realize that was the call, but I don't think that is a picture of what the caption says it is a picture of.
bearbone11
There were several absolutely egregious calls yesterday. That was one of them, exacerbated by the fact that the ref who called it was screened off by Lauren and couldn't have possibly seen the play he presumed to call a foul. Equally bad was the "travel" called on Didi when her man clearly ran into her and fouled her. I couldn't believe that when I saw it. I have a feeling the conference will be hearing from Baylor about the officials in that game.
R11
LIB,MR BEARS
bearbone11 said:

There were several absolutely egregious calls yesterday. That was one of them, exacerbated by the fact that the ref who called it was screened off by Lauren and couldn't have possibly seen the play he presumed to call a foul. Equally bad was the "travel" called on Didi when her man clearly ran into her and fouled her. I couldn't believe that when I saw it. I have a feeling the conference will be hearing from Baylor about the officials in that game.
I hope so. Those were some horrible calls. Shortly after the non-foul foul called on LC, there was a missed foul call that should have gone TCUs way that I thought was obvious.
blueeyedbear
So its true a picture is worth a thousand words !!!!
CavalryRoadie
You could possibly make the argument that the player behind LC fouled Heard, but LC's block was a clean one.
SirBearALot
agreed, it looks like the girl has touched her under armor under her arm uh.....
willtalk
Or Cox's hand hit her wrist on the follow-through. We only see the first part of the play. Cox's hand could very well have hit her wrist as she continued her motion. Cox's fingers are bearly touching the bottom of the ball and if the follow-through continues her hand would hit her wrist as both players arms continue to move forward.
Lone Star
willtalk said:

Or Cox's hand hit her wrist on the follow-through. We only see the first part of the play. Cox's hand could very well have hit her wrist as she continued her motion. Cox's fingers are bearly touching the bottom of the ball and if the follow-through continues her hand would hit her wrist as both players arms continue to move forward.
That still would not constitute a foul call.

What I thought was funny (interesting) was that there was no foul call on LC's massive "SWAT" and block out of bounds that happened in the second half. I thought she was going to take that girls arms off when you looked at it again however, she did contact the ball first (same a pic above).
bunation
Heard is about seven inches shorter than Cox.

Some athlete.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.