Kristi Wallace--update??

4,730 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigBeauregard
boatergal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Kalani traded to Atlanta, I wondered how Kristi was doing. She was drafted by Atlanta; but was recovering from ACL. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. She was a phenomenal player for our Lady Bears.
3rdgenbear
Ditto.

I hope she has recovered fully.

Would love to see her at a game and stay closely related to Baylor. We have had some great ones, but I'm not sure if any played with more heart. Nina comes to mind. What great competitors.

GarlandBear84
I checked with her dad and he gave permission to post this. Many of you know her first graft didn't hold after playing only a few minutes of her first game back. Then she pushed the recovery and damaged cartilage requiring a scrape. This has pushed her recovery so far back that the 2020 Olympics are not a possibility. She might not ever play at a high level again. Very sad. I'm praying for her physical and emotional healing.
beardoc
Very sad to hear this, although "pushing the recovery" does not surprise me.
Dcheetah
So sad to hear that. I hope she recovers fully. One of my favorite players. Still think if she hadnt been injured we would have been final 4 and possibly NC worthy.
57Bear
GarlandBear84 said:

I checked with her dad and he gave permission to post this. Many of you know her first graft didn't hold after playing only a few minutes of her first game back. Then she pushed the recovery and damaged cartilage requiring a scrape. This has pushed her recovery so far back that the 2020 Olympics are not a possibility. She might not ever play at a high level again. Very sad. I'm praying for her physical and emotional healing.
If you talk to him again, please make sure that he knows that she is one of our all time favorites and that we pray for a complete recovery. Also tell her to listen to her doctors and therapists!
boatergal
Oh how sad!! I just loved watching her play! Such talent and spirit! No one worked harder or played harder than Kristi. I was at the game when she tore the ACL!! To see her hop the length of the court on one leg was incredible, but gut wrenching as you knew the injury was serious. Bless her heart! Please tell her Dad that we love her, miss her, and wish the very best to this outstanding young woman.
BUbackerinET
Ugh, just terrible. If she's forced to make it a playing career, would love to have her back on our coaching staff, or administration.
Polarbear
Kristy is a special player, special competitor. One of my all time favorites. I actually have a handful of pictures of my favorite Lady Bears on the bulletin board beside my desk in my office. Kristy is one of those pictures.
Mulder

Kristy 04-28-18
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
fubar
GarlandBear84 said:

Thank you so much for this post, though the news isn't what any of us really hoped to hear. Kristy will persevere. That's the kind of person she is.

If you have a moment to do so, please give jwal and the Wallace family my best. I thoroughly enjoyed John's posts (and miss them), and it was always good to see him at our games. And I am VERY glad to hear that all of the fires that ravaged Australia are now considered to be under control.
Johnny Bear
Dcheetah said:

So sad to hear that. I hope she recovers fully. One of my favorite players. Still think if she hadnt been injured we would have been final 4 and possibly NC worthy.

I agree - that team had all the signs of a final four team before that tragic injury. I remember that image of her hopping the length of the court & into the locker room on one leg with no assistance when it happened. That's still one of the toughest things I've ever watched as far as BU sports go.
Wichitabear
Yes, etched into my memory as well. Tough to watch that.
blueeyedbear
Wichitabear said:

Yes, etched into my memory as well. Tough to watch that.
Yes - that is the lasting memory I revisit sometimes when I think of Kristi - so sad - the other story that comes to mind is the time Kristi went on a bike ride and rode so far out of town that she became confused on how to get back and luckily she had her cell with her and was able to call for help. Amazing young lady and liked by everyone. Same for Melissa Jones. Seems so unfair that two such outstanding young ladies and neither one of them made it to a final 4 !!!!
BUatbirth
...and wasn't she riding her bike on I35?!
BU71
BUatbirth said:

...and wasn't she riding her bike on I35?!
Yes, I think she got lost trying to get back to campus. On a sad note I was also at the WV game when she hurt her knee. I can still see her hopping the length of the court and beyond!
Born_A_Bear
GB84, please share with jwall my prayers for Kristy and family. She is loved.
GarlandBear84
I let John know about all the nice comments and prayers in this thread. Perhaps he will read them.
BU71
GarlandBear84 said:

I let John know about all the nice comments and prayers in this thread. Perhaps he will read them.
BU fans have fond memories of this outstanding young lady. We all wish her all the best as she moves forward.
BigBeauregard
Kristy is an amazing competitor and one of my favorite Bears of all time in any sport. Prayers for healing and strength from the Lord for her. I know she will continue to be dynamic and successful whether on the court or in whatever other pursuit she chooses!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.