2022 WBB Recruiting

41,108 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bearly
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dcheetah said:

It will if you're Lebron.
lol
Morgan101
When is NSD ? November?
Dcheetah
Early D1 Basketball signing is Nov 11-18
Morgan101
Thanks
Morgan101
Ok, another question please, this signing period is for the class of 21, or did I miss it and this is the early period for the 22 class?
DFW Bill
The signing period this November is for the High School Class of 2021.
Dcheetah
Ashlon Jackson is announcing her top 5 Fri at noon. Was hoping she was announcing a commit.
Red Bear
2022 BU Target
BuinmyBlood
What is early signing date this year?
DFW Bill
November 11, 2020 through November 18, 2020 is the Early Signing Period for NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball, High School Class of 2021.

Maryam Dauda, 6'4", likely play the 4 or 3, from Bentonville, Arkansas, ranked #13 Nationally will sign sometime on Wednesday. After Baylor receives the signed NLI, Kim will post bio. information on the Baylor Athletic site either later in the day or Thursday morning.

As of right now she is the only commit we are aware of, could be someone else but we will wait and see.
BuinmyBlood
Thanks for the update. I thought it was pretty soon here. Living in Arkansas I was definitely aware of her commitment and think she's going to be fantastic. Will be anxious to see her sign her letter of intent. May be why some other players are looking elsewhere that Baylor is after. She's plenty good.

DFW Bill said:

November 11, 2020 through November 18, 2020 is the Early Signing Period for NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball, High School Class of 2021.

Maryam Dauda, 6'4", likely play the 4 or 3, from Bentonville, Arkansas, ranked #13 Nationally will sign sometime on Wednesday. After Baylor receives the signed NLI, Kim will post bio. information on the Baylor Athletic site either later in the day or Thursday morning.

As of right now she is the only commit we are aware of, could be someone else but we will wait and see.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Baylor appears to be showing some interest in Flaujae Johnson, a 6-0 G from Georgia ranked #52 in 2022.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Flaujae-Johnson-Mississippi-State-womens-basketball-157205518/

"Attention from the WNBA Twitter isn't all that she's getting as a lot of programs are hot on Flau'jae's trail when it comes to recruiting. She's gotten new interest from schools such as Baylor, Southern California, Wake Forest, as well as a number of other schools. A lot of coaches have said that they like how she's long and athletic and can play like a big guard."
BUatbirth
Baylor has made Sa'Myah Smith's top 5....Arizona, Baylor, Kentucky, Tennessee & Texas Tech

Not that the rankings mean a whole lot...Sa'Myah took quite a drop, #44. Could be due to her ACL injury?
I like her regardless!
Dcheetah
Ashlon Jackson to Duke. We were not in her final 5.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Lauren Betts committed to Stanford.
BUatbirth
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

I was hoping against hope. She has several friends at Stanford. I always felt that her 'top' list was more
eye candy than serious contenders.
I gotta believe that some major recruiting wins are in the Lady Bears near future...right?
ScottS
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Can we beat a team with 2 dunkers?
BaylorBearWBBFan
Apprently we were not even close for Betts.

However, we did make Ta'Niya Latson's list today.
Dcheetah
Lauren is a huge miss. So dissapointed but not surprised. Didn't think she would decide this early and hoped somehow we could get her on campus before she made her decision. Not sure where we will look for center now although we may step up recruiting on Basham or Oldacre or both but seems we are late to the game for both so not hopeful. Seems we are missing many of our primary targets and moving to secondary targets. Can't see anyway we can be near the top class now but hope to be proven wrong.
Wbbfan29
I figured Betts wasn't heading our way . With Hannah and Next year post recurit Maryum I wasn't surprised she didn't pick Baylor. Alot of these players already know where they are going ... they just put out the list for excitement . Honestly I really want Vanslooten. I see dad likes alot of stuff from Oregon so she could be headed that way. But you never know.
Dcheetah
Yeah, I think Grace is a good chance but suspect Sa'Myah is more likely. Still dissapointed.

FYI - Aquira DeCosta is back in the portal again.
BUatbirth
Tuff without official visits. At one point we had made some positive impressions with Janiah Barker. Or so it was reported. Ayanna Patterson is also a top target. Still a bunch of top talent. Tho, I have no idea where we currently stand with either of those two.
Baylorkid
Number 39 on 2022 has us in her top 8!
BaylorBearWBBFan
https://instagr.am/p/CKKM2iyjXfv
74Bear
Raoul does a good job on his blog with Baylor and others recruiting

Baylor Women's Basketball Recruiting | WBB Blog
https://wbbblog.com/baylor-womens-basketball-recruiting/
BUatbirth
This one is kinda of a head scratcher. Any back story on Tineya? In trying to find out about her... I see she is from Canada...appears to be attending HS in the states? Or stateside club team. I've seen her class as 2021 and 2022 in places. Can't find her on hoopgurlz or wbb blog.
Bearly
Thanks for the link to this recruiting blog. It indicates that for whatever reasons, this has not been a productive year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.