2023's Making Noise

40,883 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lauren clone. She has identical mechanics, especially in her shot blocking and rebound positioning, she will be great!
historian
I just noticed that the original tweet (in oc post) misspelled Samantha Wagner's name (left out the "N").
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUatbirth
GO SAMMIE!!.....SIC'EM!!

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/reagan-freshman-wagner-waiting-for-moment-to-shine?jwsource=cl
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Any AAU tournaments in Dallas this summer?
historian
Hooray for Sammie! I'm looking forward to seeing her and Maddie Cox playing in the green & gold.
SABaylorFan
Brian Ethridge said:

Any AAU tournaments in Dallas this summer?
I'm not sure about the AAU tournaments, but I am looking forward to catching some of her high school games this winter.
Red Bear
Sammie (SA Finest Unanimous 17U) and Maddie (ProSkills 16U EYBL) are scheduled to play July 7-8 In the PBR 64 in Mansfield. Also 22 target Ashlon Jackson 22 plays with Sammie.

https://premierbasketballtournaments.com/tournament/2020-super-64-by-premier-basketball-tournaments/general-information/location
BU71
historian said:

Hooray for Sammie! I'm looking forward to seeing her and Maddie Cox playing in the green & gold.
Is there sentiment that Maddie is leaning towards BU? If so wouldn't mean that Andrews, Gusters, Dauda, Wagner and M. Cox could be on the same team?
historian
BU71 said:

historian said:

Is there sentiment that Maddie is leaning towards BU? If so wouldn't mean that Andrews, Gusters, Dauda, Wagner and M. Cox could be on the same team?
I have no idea. Right now, it's just a dream for many of us who are Baylor fans. We do have the fact that her big sister did great things here and might be a positive influence on her. I'd like to think her parents might be a similar influence. But so far as I know, it's all guesswork on our part now.
BU71
Well, we can certainly hope that she picks Baylor! It would be yet another recruiting coup for CKM and company!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Red Bear said:

Sammie (SA Finest Unanimous 17U) and Maddie (ProSkills 16U EYBL) are scheduled to play July 7-8 In the PBR 64 in Mansfield. Also 22 target Ashlon Jackson 22 plays with Sammie.

https://premierbasketballtournaments.com/tournament/2020-super-64-by-premier-basketball-tournaments/general-information/location
Thanks

Will put in for credentials.
Dcheetah
Thank you Brian. Yall have really stepped up wbb coverage and it is much appreciated.
Chibears2
Can't wait for the report!
Dcheetah
Are recruit interviews allowable at these events?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

I haven't heard back yet. If they are we'll try to create a highlight of their games and an interview if they are willing.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Brian Ethridge said:

Dcheetah said:

I haven't heard back yet. If they are we'll try to create a highlight of their games and an interview if they are willing.
We've started dialog and I hope we can mkae it to the event.
BUatbirth

FYI...I was wanting to take in some of these games. Field House Mansfield web site states in their COVID guidelines..."FH will allow one spectator per player."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUatbirth said:

FYI...I was wanting to take in some of these games. Field House Mansfield web site states in their COVID guidelines..."FH will allow one spectator per player."
Might be why we never heard back.

Will set up a meeting outide the games for an interview.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Adlee Blacklock will be there also. Plays for Team Lex Breeze.
BUatbirth
Nice article on Adlee Blacklock......

https://www.hubcitypreps.com/private_schools/trinity_christian/basketball-trinity-star-adlee-blacklock-has-no-plans-on-letting-up-on-the-next-phase/article_93b54444-bcd0-11ea-bbc4-5b42f111f87d.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share
UBBY
blueeyedbear said:

BUatbirth said:

Maddie Cox freshman yr highlights...spectacular!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DQ7yW

OMG - Thanks for the post.
Its like watching a Lauren Cox clone - especially loved that length of the court pass to a fast break - looks like she has seen a few Baylor games !! She has Laurens timing on blocks as well. Its going to be fun watching this young lady grow and develop. She also seems to have the same fire in her belly as Lauren.
I do not know about the rest of you but for me the argument is over !!!!
Maddie is going to be better then Lauren especially if she can avoid the Cox diabetes issue. 2 out of 4 is more than enough for any family to deal with.

Just rewatched it today. Man, she really is a Lauren Cox clone. Low post game, blocked shots, 3 point range and passing ability. I really hope she chooses Baylor. Sammie Wagner is like a UCONN recruit. Great shooter and tough on defense.

She and Sammie together would be lethal.
historian
Perhaps the ingredients we need for another natty.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Got some great content coming soon
Heart
Brian Ethridge said:

Got some great content coming soon
Baylor Dad in Va.
UBBY said:

blueeyedbear said:

BUatbirth said:

Maddie Cox freshman yr highlights...spectacular!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DQ7yW

OMG - Thanks for the post.
Its like watching a Lauren Cox clone - especially loved that length of the court pass to a fast break - looks like she has seen a few Baylor games !! She has Laurens timing on blocks as well. Its going to be fun watching this young lady grow and develop. She also seems to have the same fire in her belly as Lauren.
I do not know about the rest of you but for me the argument is over !!!!
Maddie is going to be better then Lauren especially if she can avoid the Cox diabetes issue. 2 out of 4 is more than enough for any family to deal with.

Just rewatched it today. Man, she really is a Lauren Cox clone. Low post game, blocked shots, 3 point range and passing ability. I really hope she chooses Baylor. Sammie Wagner is like a UCONN recruit. Great shooter and tough on defense.

She and Sammie together would be lethal.
Sammie and Maddie together on the court will mean that we are in the hunt for a NC for 4 years in a row. They are going to be that good. Along with the other elites that we will also have on the team we will be a dominate team. I wouldn't be too surprised to see us in the final 4 all four years, and win at a minimum of two NC's while they are here. More good times are coming!! Sic'em Bears
historian
Baylor Lady Bears have 3 National Championships under Kim Mulkey. We all know that. Interestingly, I've heard that every time the team has gone to the Final 4, the won the Natty.

Yes, I know: don't count your chickens until they hatch; just because it happened before doesn't mean it will happen again. But it's a nice dream.
DFW Bill
The Baylor Lady Bears have gone to four Final Fours and won three times.
ChapBear
Maddie is better left handed than LC, she also has a softer arc on her 3 point shot and can pull up and hit a mid range jumper. I would rate her better than LC offensively but she has a way to go yet defensively, but not that far. To have two such great talents in one family is unreal.
Task Force 2015
DFW Bill is correct.In Griner's first year we lost to a great U Conn team in the National semi-finals that were played in San Antonio.Many of us were there.We won it all in 2005,2012 and 2019.We have not lost a national finals game.3 for 3.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Task Force 2015 said:

DFW Bill is correct.In Griner's first year we lost to a great U Conn team in the National semi-finals that were played in San Antonio.Many of us were there.We won it all in 2005,2012 and 2019.We have not lost a national finals game.3 for 3.
Correct. That team was ahead of schedule
blueeyedbear
Brian Ethridge said:

Task Force 2015 said:

I loved the Kim comment after Geno called a timeout because we ran off several points and several defensive stops. " You have the mighty U Conn on their heels"

I know I am a being a homer here but had Daniel Wilson not "left" the team I do believe we beat U Conn by one or two and win the Championship game.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
blueeyedbear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Task Force 2015 said:

I loved the Kim comment after Geno called a timeout because we ran off several points and several defensive stops. " You have the mighty U Conn on their heels"

I know I am a being a homer here but had Daniel Wilson not "left" the team I do believe we beat U Conn by one or two and win the Championship game.

Definitely could have. Experience would have helped them.
BUatbirth
The @PBRhoops tourney is offering live stream/on demand viewing of all games for $10 each day. Athletevisionsports.com

Great service...watching SAFinest (Sammie Wagner...) right now. ProSkills 16U EYBAL (Maddie Cox..) at 5:30 this evening.
Just wanted to pass along. Many great prospects in this tourney!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Maddie is not playing.
Dcheetah
Do you know why?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.