Women's Basketball
Sponsored By

2023's Making Noise

2,722 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by historian
Red Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sammie Wagner named 27-6A MVP and unanimous 1st team


Maddie Cox named 6-6A Newcomer of the Year

Heart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow!!
Steely Dan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
District MVP as a frosh? That's very impressive.
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both Sammie and Maddie named to their respective All-State teams.
Sarah and Hannah both made the 6A all state team with Maddie. Very impressive for the freshmen!
Red Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sarah - Hannah and Sammie made the TABC UIL 6A All
State Team only 20 girls made it. Sammie only Freshman to make the list!

https://tabchoops.org/2019/12/uil-all-state-girls/
Red Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sarah - Hannah - Maddie and Sammie made the 6A TGCA All State Team 50 girls made it!

http://members.austintgca.com/php/sadispatch.php?event=nomination_public_map&page_name=Texas%20Girls%20Coaches%20Association%20Honors&first_time=pageit&next=1
Red Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great video of Sammie @ She's Ballin Showcase

Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Game changers
74Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone heard anything about Maddie Cox's interest in Baylor?
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every expert I've read says BU is in the driver's seat. She has camped at BU and attended countless games plus Sammie Wagner is one of her best friends. It seems obvious that Lauren and her parents would recommend BU.
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, especially in a 6A district
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a chance to meet the Cox's at the last two home games. Great salt of the earth people.
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mulkey is making a run at multiple NC with this crop of players...I selfishly wish that Didi was set to play these two two ladies and pray that a similar player joins them. I didn't graduate from Baylor but this could be a "dream team" scenario if it all comes to fruition. Move over UCONN...Mulkey is set to light a fire!
BUatbirth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maddie Cox freshman yr highlights...spectacular!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DQ7yW
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUatbirth said:

Maddie Cox freshman yr highlights...spectacular!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DQ7yW

OMG - Thanks for the post.
Its like watching a Lauren Cox clone - especially loved that length of the court pass to a fast break - looks like she has seen a few Baylor games !! She has Laurens timing on blocks as well. Its going to be fun watching this young lady grow and develop. She also seems to have the same fire in her belly as Lauren.
I do not know about the rest of you but for me the argument is over !!!!
Maddie is going to be better then Lauren especially if she can avoid the Cox diabetes issue. 2 out of 4 is more than enough for any family to deal with.
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow! There were a few good plays of her going up against Gusters and M. Cox looked dominant... as a freshman! I want her in a BU uniform now!! Too bad she's still got 3 more years to go.

What's our recruiting looking like between that time?
BUatbirth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some serious skills! Like Sammie Wagner, Maddie will have her pick of power 5 schools. I hope, like Sammie,
she chooses to be a Lady Bear. Imagine, Sammie and Maddie on the same team...scary good!
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Won't Hannah Gusters be on that team too? Maybe they will get Baylor's 5th Natty (or 6th?).
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
blueeyedbear said:

BUatbirth said:

Maddie Cox freshman yr highlights...spectacular!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DQ7yW

OMG - Thanks for the post.
Its like watching a Lauren Cox clone - especially loved that length of the court pass to a fast break - looks like she has seen a few Baylor games !! She has Laurens timing on blocks as well. Its going to be fun watching this young lady grow and develop. She also seems to have the same fire in her belly as Lauren.
I do not know about the rest of you but for me the argument is over !!!!
Maddie is going to be better then Lauren especially if she can avoid the Cox diabetes issue. 2 out of 4 is more than enough for any family to deal with.
I think the defense looks like Lauren, but the jumper has a higher release and arc. Smoother off the bounce as well, plus pull up game.
Task Force 2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She also has a soft touch with her left hand.
BU71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Sammie Wagner committed so early I was delighted even though she has so much time to change her mind (please don't Sammie). When I saw Maddie's highlights i thought can we get fortunate enough to land another ascending star named Cox in the same century? I hope Sammie stays committed and Maddie chooses BU. Come on stars line up for us again!
BUatbirth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My thoughts exactly...
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BU71 said:

When Sammie Wagner committed so early I was delighted even though she has so much time to change her mind (please don't Sammie). When I saw Maddie's highlights i thought can we get fortunate enough to land another ascending star named Cox in the same century? I hope Sammie stays committed and Maddie chooses BU. Come on stars line up for us again!
Maybe we will get more a few years down the road. Both Lauren & Maddie could have daughters who play WBB at Baylor!
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.