Natalie Chou Takes Cheap Shot at Baylor

12,113 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ScottS
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who got the natty? Who who?
historian
With the current governor of Virginia, that is surprising.
ScottS
We got the natty!!!!
ScottS
The natty is ours!!!!!
airforcebear
"I'm not one for conflict....." Certainly showed up in her defensive play! (or lack of)...Just go by the serenity prayer, Natalie. This was a reporter trolling for a controversy. Fact: it is a Chinese virus. Not her fault, or any individual's fault.
airforcebear
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Chou wrote. "Calling it the 'Chinese virus' or anything of that sort creates unnecessary xenophobia for people who look like me. It takes literally no effort to call it by its correct name.

Why in the world would anyone not agree with this?

Argue if you wish but I think you have to be pretty blinded to ignore such insensitive remarks from our stupid president.
You are functioning at some level, in spite of your dementia. You must be blinded to have your head so far up your a**.
ABC BEAR
blueeyedbear said:

ABC BEAR said:

I thought she left because she wanted more playing time.....silly me.
That is the excuse for the general public consumption - Her mother was upset because she took a comment CKM said after the OSU game and interpreted that statement that CKM was blaming her daughter for the loss.
In China they call that "losing face" - its a big thing in Chinese culture. Once mom was in that mind set - it was over for Natalie @ BU.
To your point about wanting more playing time - If Natalie was intimidated by the signing of the #1 class then she is better off at UCLA. I wish her nothing but the best - but in this instance she is over sensitive, over reacting and under informed
.....over sensitive, overreacting and under informed. There is a lot of that going around these days.
GrizBear
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Well I thought I could come here and root for the Baylor Lady's basketball team, which I think is the best in the country. But, alas, that is not to be the case. Instead we have to bash ex-players, and shout down anyone that dares disagree.
I will say goodbye to this tread and let you all go on loving your insensitive oaf of a president..
Fortunately in my state voters vote and think very differently than yours
Chinese doctors to Xi Jinping: "Our doctors have discovered a nasty new virus."
Xi Jinping: "Arrest the doctors and anyone who has the virus. Keep this QUIET!!"

-- Virus Outbreak --

American News Media: "The Wuhan Virus", "The Chinese Virus", "The China Virus" ...
Trump: "Ban travel from China"
American News Media: "RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!"

Xi Jinping: "We didn't do it, American Military did it!"
Trump: "CHINA virus!"
American News Media: "RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!"

Baylor Dad in Va: "RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!"
Baylor Dad in Va: "Well I thought I could come here and root for the Baylor Lady's basketball team."
Baylor Dad in Va: "Insensitive OAF!"
Baylor Dad in Va: "Texans are RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!"
Baylor Dad in Va: "Back to the DC Bubble and American News Media"
blueeyedbear
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Well I thought I could come here and root for the Baylor Lady's basketball team, which I think is the best in the country. But, alas, that is not to be the case. Instead we have to bash ex-players, and shout down anyone that dares disagree.
I will say goodbye to this tread and let you all go on loving your insensitive oaf of a president..
Fortunately in my state voters vote and think very differently than yours
You brought your politics into the site along with your ignorance of and hate for Trump and it was exposed by the light of day. Facts have a way of doing that - precisely why you liberals use lies and sensational acquisitions to try and intimidate those who have a different view by being the loudest hateful shouters in the room.
We all know about your state where 80.0% are democrats who in some way or another are tied to the swamp as lawyers, government bureaucrats, lobbyists and infest the FBI, DOJ, State Department and NSA at the administrative level. No one is surprised that your governor who actually is a racist (photographed in full clan regalia) who goes on TV explaining how to compassionately kill a innocent human being was not removed from office or did the right thing and resign. Then there is your rapist Lt. Governor. It still amazes me how there is a double standard in this country. Liberals and "Progressives" do themselves what they accuse conservatives of doing and get away with it - my mother was right when you point a finger at someone there are three pointing back at you ! What you liberals hate most about Trump is that he fights back and because of his leadership conservatives are starting to fight back now - I cant wait for November.
You call Trump insensitive - I bet you also called him a racist when he closed the USA borders to Chinese coming from China - now 187 countries have closed their borders. Seems like he is sensitive and cared about Americans first - something you liberals have a problem with. Had he not been sensitive to Americans we would have numbers like Italy and Iran by now. Again your thinking when exposed to the facts exposes just how out of touch with reality you are.
You want to leave the sight - SEE YA - As my grandpappy said "careful don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out"
ScottS
Can someone tell me what the CO in COVID19 stands for? Also the 19.
Polarbear
COVID19 = Coronavirus Disease of 2019

CO = Corona
VI = Virus
D = Disease
19 = 2019
ChapBear
rileyroo said:

I think most rational people know that calling it the China Virus is wrong. It is race baiting. It doesn't matter if it is UCLA or Baylor. She underestimates Baylor students and graduates.
Totally disagree. Why can't we speak truth? This virus was spauned in China under very dubious circumstances at least one month before they let the world know what they were facing. If they had told the truth much earlier then much of the spread could have been averted. This has nothing to do with a Chinese American and no one that I know blames anyone but the communist Chinese.
ScottS
ChapBear said:

rileyroo said:

I think most rational people know that calling it the China Virus is wrong. It is race baiting. It doesn't matter if it is UCLA or Baylor. She underestimates Baylor students and graduates.
Totally disagree. Why can't we speak truth? This virus was spanned in China under very dubious circumstances at least one month before they let the world know what they were facing. If the had told the truth much earlier then much of the spread could have been averted. This has nothing to do with a Chinese American and no one that I know blames anyone but the communist Chinese.

Bingo. Home run post by ChapBear. rileyroo = strike 3.
Media Bear
BaylorBears_254 said:

Where's the cheap shot?
Right about here:

Chou also credited her coach, Cori Close, with helping her feel like it was OK to express her feelings about social issues and that people would listen and be receptive to her message. Were she still at Baylor, where she spent her first two college seasons, she probably would have remained silent.

"I would have been afraid of the backlash," Chou said, "or it not being really accepted the way the people at UCLA do."

Chou says she feels safer wearing apparel bearing the UCLA logo whenever she goes out near her home in McKinney, Texas. She covers up as much as she can, pulling her hoodie low, whenever she walks her dog, a Yorkshire Terrier-Pekingese mix.

Hope all goes well for Natalie out in La-La Land, but she/writer didn't have to take it there. Reminds me of the way some outlets tried to manipulate Britney Griner and take indirect stabs at Coach Mulkey and how she allegedly advises players to keep things on the "down-low" when it comes to issues that could affect the team (which is the way most college/pro teams approach issues of potential controversy -- not all, but most).

If Lady Bears fans want to find out how current (not former) players are taking on Covid-19, here's how Lauren Cox's family is doing it:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/4496614-baylor-basketball-star-lauren-cox-family-discuss-how-theyre-dealing-with-covid-19/
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh eh ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
ScottS
It should have said....Had she stayed at Baylor, she would have won a natty.
BaylorBears_254
Media Bear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Where's the cheap shot?
Right about here:

Chou also credited her coach, Cori Close, with helping her feel like it was OK to express her feelings about social issues and that people would listen and be receptive to her message. Were she still at Baylor, where she spent her first two college seasons, she probably would have remained silent.

"I would have been afraid of the backlash," Chou said, "or it not being really accepted the way the people at UCLA do."

Chou says she feels safer wearing apparel bearing the UCLA logo whenever she goes out near her home in McKinney, Texas. She covers up as much as she can, pulling her hoodie low, whenever she walks her dog, a Yorkshire Terrier-Pekingese mix.

Hope all goes well for Natalie out in La-La Land, but she/writer didn't have to take it there. Reminds me of the way some outlets tried to manipulate Britney Griner and take indirect stabs at Coach Mulkey and how she allegedly advises players to keep things on the "down-low" when it comes to issues that could affect the team (which is the way most college/pro teams approach issues of potential controversy -- not all, but most).

If Lady Bears fans want to find out how current (not former) players are taking on Covid-19, here's how Lauren Cox's family is doing it:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/4496614-baylor-basketball-star-lauren-cox-family-discuss-how-theyre-dealing-with-covid-19/

Nope...not seeing it
buildabear1
Some of these posters are the very reason she fells the way she does.
ScottS
buildabear1 said:

Some of these posters are the very reason she fells the way she does.

meh
Mulder
The writer should have asked Natalie about the Wet Market in communist China. Where meat from bats, snakes,
raccoon dogs, civets, and rats are sold. The general consensus is this is the origin of the Wuhan Virus.

The Wet Market is extremely popular. I wonder if Natalie consumed some of their delicacies?

An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
bularry
I hope you werent a philosophy major at Baylor
Baylor3216
WacoKelly83 said:

I didn't read it as a slam against Baylor at all. Statement of fact maybe. Conservative Baylor/Texas/McKinney vs UCLA/SoCal lifestyle. Simple as that for me. Not a slam. IMHO.

I thought Texas was goin blue?
airforcebear
Malbec said:

geewago said:

Some day we'll live in a perfect world and there will no longer be any:

ENGLISH Bulldogs
GERMAN Shepherds
POLISH Chickens
MEXICAN Food
CHINESE Food
ITALIAN Food
FRENCH Kissing
REDSKINS Football
INDIANS Baseball
SPANISH Flu
RUSSIAN Roulette
PANAMA Hats
HOLLAND Tulips
BELGIUM Beer
SWISS Banks
CUBAN Cigars
ESKIMO Pies
ROMAN Swords
CANADIAN Clubs
HUNGARIAN Gypsies
JAPANESE Spas
DANISH Rolls
GREEK Alphabets
JEWISH Holidays
ARKANSAS Razorbacks
TEXAS Longhorns
MISSOURI Hillbillies
IDAHO Potatoes

Yes, I long for the day when nothing will be called by the place it originated from, or the person or tribe who invented it. Everything must be given generic names, must not be offensive to anyone concerned and by all means must be politically correct .

Boycott Kraft products!

Love you, Malbear!!!
Malbec
airforcebear said:

Malbec said:

geewago said:

Some day we'll live in a perfect world and there will no longer be any:

ENGLISH Bulldogs
GERMAN Shepherds
POLISH Chickens
MEXICAN Food
CHINESE Food
ITALIAN Food
FRENCH Kissing
REDSKINS Football
INDIANS Baseball
SPANISH Flu
RUSSIAN Roulette
PANAMA Hats
HOLLAND Tulips
BELGIUM Beer
SWISS Banks
CUBAN Cigars
ESKIMO Pies
ROMAN Swords
CANADIAN Clubs
HUNGARIAN Gypsies
JAPANESE Spas
DANISH Rolls
GREEK Alphabets
JEWISH Holidays
ARKANSAS Razorbacks
TEXAS Longhorns
MISSOURI Hillbillies
IDAHO Potatoes

Yes, I long for the day when nothing will be called by the place it originated from, or the person or tribe who invented it. Everything must be given generic names, must not be offensive to anyone concerned and by all means must be politically correct .

Boycott Kraft products!

Love you, Malbear!!!
I love Malbear too.
ctxbear
Calling it the "Chinese Virus" once early on might not be racist.

Calling it that after Asian Americans are saying --- "Look, because of the history of anti-Asian sentiment in our country, many people take their cues from the language we use and don't understand that you are referring to its point of origin, but rather think you are referring to a disease that people of certain ethnicities have and spread. Because of that, it would be just as easy for you to call it by its technical name as by its point of origin name, so could you do that for our safety, pleas?"-- shows either an inability or unwillingness to follow Jesus' command to love your neighbor and do to them what you would want the to do to you, complete blindness to your desire to determine language, or, that you are a racist.

As to Natalie's comments: I imagine the difference at Baylor had she been here during this time is that the people who support her in this would be way more vocal than the people who support her in L.A., and those who disagree would seriously go out of their way to keep calling it the "Chinese Virus," even when it made no sense to do so.
blueeyedbear
ctxbear said:

Calling it that after Asian Americans are saying --- "Look, because of the history of anti-Asian sentiment in our country, many people take their cues from the language we use and don't understand that you are referring to its point of origin, but rather think you are referring to a disease that people of certain ethnicities have and spread. Because of that, it would be just as easy for you to call it by its technical name as by its point of origin name, so could you do that for our safety, pleas?"-- shows either an inability or unwillingness to follow Jesus' command to love your neighbor and do to them what you would want the to do to you, complete blindness to your desire to determine language, or, that you are a racist.

As to Natalie's comments: I imagine the difference at Baylor had she been here during this time is that the people who support her in this would be way more vocal than the people who support her in L.A., and those who disagree would seriously go out of their way to keep calling it the "Chinese Virus," even when it made no sense to do so.
ctxbear came out of your scented safe space without your coloring book and Crayola's to post this politically correct nonsense. Give me one documented event in the USA where a Chinese persons safety was threatened or actually assaulted over Wuhan virus. I can however document several who were arrested, detained, tortured, forced to disavow their internet warnings and some have actually died - in China !!!!!
Yeek
blueeyedbear said:

ctxbear said:

ctxbear came out of your scented safe space without your coloring book and Crayola's to post this politically correct nonsense. Give me one documented event in the USA where a Chinese persons safety was threatened or actually assaulted over Wuhan virus. I can however document several who were arrested, detained, tortured, forced to disavow their internet warnings and some have actually died - in China !!!!!

Are you saying that you haven't read or seen anything about Asian Americans being physically or verbally assaulted here for being blamed for the virus?
BUletters
Thank you for your rational explanation of the origin of this virus.
KajunKarlsdad
rileyroo said:

Well, where was the racist claims against German measles?
WacoKelly83
Yeek said:

blueeyedbear said:

ctxbear said:

Are you saying that you haven't read or seen anything about Asian Americans being physically or verbally assaulted here for being blamed for the virus?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/man-attempted-murder-asian-american-family
Swamp
ctxbear said:

America should never have its leaders comply with a Communist Dictatorship's speech code. I am thankful that Trump didn't go full NBA and throw himself on the mercy of the Red Chinese. Thankfully, Trump showed Red China that his language cannot be controlled by them. If China can make the NBA bow down to them and cower over speaking the truth, what do you think there ultimate goal is for the rest of us?

And "because of the history of anti-Asian sentiment in our country" many take their cues from the president's language??? The most anti-Asian treatment in the history of the world was taken by the communist Chinese against its citizens. Experts estimate that 70 to 110 million Chinese have been murdered in one form or another by its totalitarian rulers since the 1930s. Can your mind conceive of the cumulative tragedy of that many deaths? What would Jesus say or do with that? I'm confident, he'd give that government no quarter, and judge well intended persons that apologize for that government more harshly.

It is amazing that Americans can be conditioned by the media to hate Trump more than a brutal dictatorship. Their media sources have truly been as comical as Super Action Comic books or WWF wrestling. Anything Trump does is depicted as racist, evil, bad, while puff pieces are littering their news departments about China being so caring in its "helping the world through this crisis." Are dominant media viewers animated that much by such cardboard stereotypical reporting? It is not a good sign for America that so many of our citizens can't support calling out the Chinese Government for its critical role in allowing Covid-19 to fester and kill many around the world..
buildabear1
Shut this conversation down, trust future recruit's and their families may come to the site to get a glimpse at how our fan forum conduct's it's self. And there are more than one race of people here that don't want to hear that blabber. You want them around to run and jump, talking about athletes and as soon as they leave you throw them under the bus, no loyalty.
blueeyedbear
buildabear1 said:

Shut this conversation down, trust future recruit's and their families may come to the site to get a glimpse at how our fan forum conduct's it's self. And there are more than one race of people here that don't want to hear that blabber. You want them around to run and jump, talking about athletes and as soon as they leave you throw them under the bus, no loyalty.
Every one who has left the BU program has been wished well by posters on this site - including Natalie and Acosta. No one has ever been thrown under the bus including Morris and Grayson who were dismissed.
Natalie was oversensitive before BU and during BU and that has not changed since leaving - she was race baited by a reporter and fell for it. The postings are in response to what she said and no one has directed comments at her personally.
Speaking for myself I am disappointed with her comments but I still wish the best for her.
fubar
ChapBear said:

rileyroo said:

Totally disagree. Why can't we speak truth? This virus was spauned in China under very dubious circumstances at least one month before they let the world know what they were facing. If they had told the truth much earlier then much of the spread could have been averted. This has nothing to do with a Chinese American and no one that I know blames anyone but the communist Chinese.
Apparently she understood some Baylor grads quite well.
ScottS
fubar said:

ChapBear said:

rileyroo said:

Apparently she understood some Baylor grads quite well.

Translation?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.