ESPN crowns Baylor 2020 projected National champs

2,130 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pale Rider
buildabear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Lone Star
There was never a doubt in my mind........

For all of what was supposed to be "Sabrina's legacy" at Oregon by trying to win a National Championship, one could say that LC the rest of the girls were denied the legacy of being one of only a few teams to repeat as National Champions. Alas, there is always next year for that legacy to still happen.
DanaDane
We would have won our 4th this year, although Oregon would've had an outside shot at it. That really bites too because, unless we find a solid grad transfer post who can be an enforcer and a solid distributor at PG, we're gonna take a slight step backward next year. We'll be good. Just not Final 4 worthy good.
WacoKelly83
Back to Back! Oh yeah! Wait....does this mean we will still be the defending champs next year?
Awesome
Wineguy89
I had missed that and it's pretty fun!! Wish we could be watching them for real. Broke my heart to cancel the rooms I had in NOLA for 11 months.

That said, suck it Sabrina!!
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
David Lasseter
Yes sorry but i also am glad she never won a NCAA title the way ESPN raves about her outsiders would think she invented women's basketball. Sabrina and Kobe so worn out with that story. I will take Lauren Cox any day over her, because if you remember last year Sabrina could not cut it at the end when the game was on the line. Lauren was the #1 rated player out of High School and proved that over the 4 years she was a Bear. She is such a great role model and we all are thankful she went to school at Baylor and played. She is a better human being than a basketball player.

And another point the Lady Bears will be back in the Final Four next year you can take that to the Bank.
David
PhoenixBear
Surprised the aggies have not declared themselves of another fictitious National Championship.
Lone Star
David Lasseter said:

Yes sorry but i also am glad she never won a NCAA title the way ESPN raves about her outsiders would think she invented women's basketball. Sabrina and Kobe so worn out with that story. I will take Lauren Cox any day over her, because if you remember last year Sabrina could not cut it at the end when the game was on the line. Lauren was the #1 rated player out of High School and proved that over the 4 years she was a Bear. She is such a great role model and we all are thankful she went to school at Baylor and played. She is a better human being than a basketball player.

And another point the Lady Bears will be back in the Final Four next year you can take that to the Bank.
I never wish ill will to anyone and believe in fate having some influence on outcomes (ex: missed ND FT in last years championship game).

That being said, I became so nauseated over the entire year of how Andy Landers (claim to fame of having the most NCAA tournament victories WITHOUT a NC) and the rest of ESPN simply drooled over Ionescu and the Ducks, I really did start to root against them (Oregon) as the season went on.

Landers and the rest of ESPN essentially gave nobody else a chance to have a shot at winning the championship other than Oregon. In fact, ranking them #1 to start the season even though Baylor won the NC last year.

I am glad that ESPN's "computer simulated" outcome determined BU as the repeat Champions but, I am really sorry that we did not get to prove it on the court (as are the girls and CKM). I believe the outcome would have been the same (BU repeat champs) unfortunately, Juicy, LC, Te'a, and EDG did not get to experience that for real in their last college season.
BUVA
Yay! I thought for sure ESPiN would at least give Sabrina an honorary natty. Now she won't get to play in the Olympics this year, either. Also glad they kinda pushed Staley out of the way, even though I like her as a coach.
Pale Rider
Duh!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/espn-simulated-ncaa-womens-tournament-no-1-usc-loses-in-finals-and-not-to-oregon/ar-BB11Dkbf?ocid=spartandhp

A no brainer if there ever was one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.