Seniors can return?

3,252 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did I read somewhere that seniors can return in 2020-2021 due to the cancelled season? If so, will some seniors return for us? If a team is going to be past the 15 ships due to returning seniors will there be teams allowed to have more than 15 ships?
DFW Bill
The NCAA has not made a definitive decision as yet. They have many issues to review.
ScottS
If they decide this would top players like Cox or say Ionescu come back?
Bone Squad
There could be some highly rated player out there that would take another senior season. I would not be totally surprised if Juicy decided to play one more year.

I can't see either Cox or Ionescue staying though. They are pretty much locks as the #1 and #2 draftees, and will both have presumptively earned their college degrees. Cox already has a national championship, so I would not think she feels a strong sense of having unfinished business in college. I'm sure Ionescue does have that sort of sentiment, but in Oregon's case, their shot was really this year, and I think they'll take a step back next season. Of course, if both Ionescue AND Hebard were willing to stay another year, that could change things.
bearbone11
I saw elsewhere that the NCAA will be voting on this on March 30th. I would be absolutely shocked if extra eligibility is granted to winter sports athletes.
R11
Hairy Bear
bearbone11 said:

I saw elsewhere that the NCAA will be voting on this on March 30th. I would be absolutely shocked if extra eligibility is granted to winter sports athletes.
I agree, it makes sense for spring sports such as baseball, but not for winter sports such as basketball.
DanaDane
They will vote to allow 1 more year for Spring sports, not Winter sports. Unfortunately, MBB and WBB are considered Winter sports.
jumpinjoe
There is a simple solution to the scholarship cap if they let seniors have another year for the year they lost. Just don't count the scholarships for returning seniors in the official count.

Applies only to returning seniors on the prior year roster. Transfers not allowed for these seniors, so the phantom scholarship is not eligible at another school for a player who did not play for that School.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
slimecap
March 26, 2020
Spring sports look favorable. No mention of winter sports (basketball).
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/division-i-council-to-weigh-granting-spring-sports-extra-year-of-eligibility/
Notouokie
It may be simple, but its not right. It's uncharted territory and it wont be easy but its right. My freshman daughter, wants her year back as a freshman.
RSBear
Just read that spring sport athletes will be given extra year.
AirBear
Basketball is a winter sport.
ScottS
Will they decide what happens with basketball soon?
Dcheetah
Basketball is a winter sport and no extra eligilibility for winter sport athletes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.