2020-2021 Roster

3,280 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bone Squad
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Freshman:
Andrews
Gusters

Sophomore:
J. Oliver

Junior:
Bickle
Egbo
T. Oliver
Smith

Senior:
Richards
Ursin

What's your take on our roster/starting lineup for next season? We're kind of thin with only 9 on the roster. I think our biggest question mark will be at the point guard position. Do we go for another grad transfer or do we trust our youth/Richards to assume the role? I could see rotation looking like this:

PG: Richards / Andrews
SG: Ursin / J. Oliver
SF: T. Oliver
PF: Smith / Bickle
C: Egbo / Gusters
HoustonBear15
If Andrews can come in and run the show, we could see:

PG: Andrews
SF: Richards / T. Oliver

Bickle, T. Oliver, and Richards seem to be our most versatile players and can likely fill in at multiple spots where needed.
baylor1984
We need a couple of Grad Transfers. 9 scholarship players is awfully thin.
setshot
1984, I agree with you about the need to look at the Transfer Portal. We could use a quality PG and a post player with more height than Egbo and more experience than Gusters. As for the SF slot it should be in good hands with what we have on hand, as is the SG.

There is a lot of uncertainty right now about visits and travel, so this may take awhile, but the widely publicized success that both the Baylor program and the players who have transferred in have had in the last couple of years should bode well for the Lady Bears up ahead. I would be surprised to see them neglect the opportunity to beef up the roster for next year, and just as surprised if they did not receive a warm reception from players of interest.
Bone Squad
Having another player or two would sure help - 9 players means you can't even fully rest your starters when the game is out of hand.

But, based on the players currently available, I would expect:

PG - Jordyn Oliver (I don't see a true freshman like Andrews in this position without extenuating circumstances)
SG - Moon
SF - Didi
PF - Nalyssa
C - Egbo
DFW Bill
Strong possibility DiDi is the point guard to start the season.
Big Bear
Austin from Maryland and Jade Williams, if she truly is going the portal route, would be excellent at the 5. Both are 6'-5" and were elite out of HS. Don't see a PG in the portal as of now.
ChapBear
HoustonBear15 said:

If Andrews can come in and run the show, we could see:

PG: Andrews
SF: Richards / T. Oliver

Bickle, T. Oliver, and Richards seem to be our most versatile players and can likely fill in at multiple spots where needed.
This is how I see it. Richards will log a lot of time at the point. very good team but probably not top five without some transfer help.
Adriacus Peratuun
Grad Transfer Guard - 95% likely
Grad Transfer Post - coin flip

Extra Post allows Smith to see minutes at the 3 [good for her long term development].

Biggest issue facing the team is finding consistent outside shooting. All other issues pale in comparison.
BUbackerinET
Yes, we are really going to miss Juicy
GoldenBear
Big Bear said:

Austin from Maryland and Jade Williams, if she truly is going the portal route, would be excellent at the 5. Both are 6'-5" and were elite out of HS. Don't see a PG in the portal as of now.
I expect to see one of these two or one like them at 6' 5" plus.

Big Bear
Jade is probably the most likely since she went to The Colony high school. I do hope a PG prospect is viable. The staff is more than not already after these positions. Eleven players are good enough. Aggs have RSJ with a degree in the summer. 6-4 wide body from Duncanville who average 13 and 6 as a Jr. Do not know if she is going the portal route but she would be a good 5 for us.
Baylorkid
I can see 2 possible line-ups with the 9 girls on the team this next upcoming season! The first line-up would be
1. Didi Richards as PG
2. Moon ursin as SG
3. Trinity Oliver at SF
4. Nalyssa Smith at PF
5. Queen Egbo at C
Or she can replace trinity Oliver for Caitlin Bickle at the 3 position. In an interview on the Baylor twitter page, Mulkey said she was excited about what we bring back and said that our 5 of Didi, Smith, Egbo, moon and Bickle is good! I would love to have 10 or 11 players for next year so the 5 starters can get breaks but I think the 9 we have are extremely talented! The bench players this season showed flashes of brilliance in certain games and they'll only get better! Caitlin Bickle played really well early in the season when Cox was out and when Egbo or Smith will get in foul trouble. I feel like she can be like a Lauren cox where she's an exceptional playmaker. Plus, Lauren did take her under her wings the last 2 seasons. Moon had some really big games for us too. Trinity Oliver was amazing in the Kansas game at Kansas! She was 5-5 from the floor and played well defensively! I think she has potential to be a lockdown defender! Her offense is coming along too! Jordyn was a great back up for Cooper this season! She had a good assist/turnover ratio for a freshman! I think Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters will come in and contribute! I honestly feel like we have the talent to still be a high octane offense that'll score in the high 80s and still play outstanding defense! With only 9 players so far, they'll all get great minutes and I think we'll have a lot of double digit scorers on the team! Sorry for the long post
Adriacus Peratuun
Big Bear said:

Kyra Lambert [Duke's starting PG (from SA)] entered the transfer portal [Grad Transfer]. Her AAU coach reached out to Baylor. Lambert was a consensus National Top 10 recruit, member of the various All-American teams [Jordan Brand, McDonalds, etc.]. Has undergraduate degree and well on way to Masters degree. 6th year eligible [two blown knees (ACLs)].

D1 College Prospects tweeted out her contact info and stated that she was open to any D1 contacts.

In my opinion, she could form a great PG combo with Andrews. Fully recovered but ideally sees limited minutes [good for Andrews].

Not as much a scorer as Jackson or Cooper, but defensively superior.

Big Bear
It would be very nice to get Kyra and Jade. AAU coach, I assume, did this very recent?
Bone Squad
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Big Bear said:

Kyra Lambert [Duke's starting PG (from SA)] entered the transfer portal [Grad Transfer]. Her AAU coach reached out to Baylor. Lambert was a consensus National Top 10 recruit, member of the various All-American teams [Jordan Brand, McDonalds, etc.]. Has undergraduate degree and well on way to Masters degree. 6th year eligible [two blown knees (ACLs)].
But how is she related to Sheila?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.