Dallas regional?

1,618 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Arkie4BU
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would that have been this weekend? I don't understand why playing to empty arenas wouldn't have worked.
DFW Bill
Players, coaches, referees, statisticians, media and medical staffs all too close.

Mulkey's teams don't play defense using "social distance techniques".
SirBearALot
Wow the final four would have been in a hot spot of the virus in New Orleans..just wow..
Lone Star
SirBearALot said:

Wow the final four would have been in a hot spot of the virus in New Orleans..just wow..

Yep! Mardi Gras just got done, that is why the spike in cases.
blackie
ScottS said:

Would that have been this weekend? I don't understand why playing to empty arenas wouldn't have worked.
Why do you think this would not have put those involved on the court in danger of picking up the virus......not to mention bringing it back to their families and friends? It is unreasonable to believe that none of the players from 64 teams are not carrying the virus, even if no symptoms. You either social distance to try to stop this thing or you don't.

Every exception does nothing but dilute the effectiveness and increase the chance that you have simply made things worse. You take the economic hit and everything that goes along with people being cooped up for long periods and you still don't get the effectiveness of people staying away from each other. All you accomplish is to just drag this thing out further with more exposure to the general population and increasing the chances of you, yourself getting infected.
DFW Bill
Thank you, a voice of reason. Let the Medical experts and Scientists make the decisions, not the politicians from either party.
GarlandBear84
I still haven't received a refund for my tickets to the Dallas regional though I saw something saying they would automatically be refunded. I bought directly thru SMU.
Bearscout
I have not received my refund either. I I've already gotten my final four refund from the NCAA. I emailed SMU and they said their ticket agency had 30 days to refund. I'm not sure 30 days from when.
Arkie4BU
I got the same reply from SMU. Glad to know others are in the same boat. I totally understand the decision to cancel based on how things have progressed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.