Didi Richards - WBCA National Defensive Player of the Year

2,279 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bone Squad
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://baylorbears.com/news/2020/3/30/womens-basketball-wbbs-richards-named-wbcas-national-defensive-player-of-the-year.aspx
Polarbear
Well done, Deauzya!
DFW Bill
DiDi guards the opponent's top scorer virtually ever game. That player shoots 26.2%, an amazingly low percentage throughout the season. During the 2018-2019 season, DiDi held UConn's 6'4" First Team All American Katie Lou Samuelson to 4-16 shooting, then in the Final Four she held Oregon's PG First Team All American, Sabrina Ionescu to only 6-24. She can guard almost any opponent, from the quickest guard to a high scoring forward.

Well done and congratulations Miss Richards!
CHP Bear
"Baylor Junior guard..." Doesn't Junior have a nice ring to it. Next year the headline will read, Senior guard DiDi Richards win back-to-back DPOY.
Dcheetah
very well deserved.
We really did have some high end defensive talent on this team.
DanaDane
Without question.

I'm still wondering how she was left off 1st team All Big 12. She should have been on that as well.
DFW Bill
That was Scout Bear's question to me when I called to tell him DiDi was the National Defensive Play of the Year.
setshot
Lady Bear fans have been fortunate to watch the two greatest defensive tandems in the history of the women's game in Griner/Sims and Cox/Richards. Of the two, the former was the most terrifying to opponents and the latter the most versatile.

My comparison elsewhere on this board put Didi in the same category as Scottie Pippen, who I consider the most effective all around defender I have ever watched. Didi is in rare company and is deserving of that place.
Baylor Dad in Va.
setshot said:

Lady Bear fans have been fortunate to watch the two greatest defensive tandems in the history of the women's game in Griner/Sims and Cox/Richards. Of the two, the former was the most terrifying to opponents and the latter the most versatile.

My comparison elsewhere on this board put Didi in the same category as Scottie Pippen, who I consider the most effective all around defender I have ever watched. Didi is in rare company and is deserving of that place.
Well said, setshot. And what's more -- she has another year to WOW us!
BUVA
DanaDane said:

Without question.

I'm still wondering how she was left off 1st team All Big 12. She should have been on that as well.

And no mention in the All American conversation.
BU71
How can you not be a Didi fan? Even though some people are just anti anything Baylor if they are honest they have to admit that this young lady is one glamorous warrior with the heart of a lion!
Heart
Well-earned!! I love so many things about DiDi - her athletic talent and bball skills, her beauty, her puffs, her fun personality, her Defense!! I love, love that she's a Lady Bear
BU71
Heart said:

Well-earned!! I love so many things about DiDi - her athletic talent and bball skills, her beauty, her puffs, her fun personality, her Defense!! I love, love that she's a Lady Bear
I couldn't agree with you more! Didi is a national treasure.
Bone Squad
BU71 said:

I couldn't agree with you more! Didi is a national treasure.
And certainly better than the movie of the same name.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.