Maryam Dauda commits!

13,099 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
BaylorBearWBBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoustonBear15
I'm not familiar with this name. What's the scouting report on her?
BaylorBearWBBFan
Top-post player in 2021 (mid-20s overall). More of a slim, finesse post with a lot of athleticism and a soft touch. Similar to Queen, but has a better outside shot (41% 3s and 79% FTs as a HS junior). A terrific complement to Gusters. Originally from Nigeria.

Polarbear
Excellent news! Watch the video above. Impressive young lady. Really interesting backstory, impressive work ethic and dedication to the game. Very excited for her to wear the Green and Gold!
BUbackerinET
Great video
Adriacus Peratuun
Great get.

Big plus is her arrival will allow Smith to log the majority of her minutes on the wing [3] which will be her position in the pros and will allow Egbo to log minutes at the PF position [4] where she will play at the next level.

A consistent deep threat shooter would be a great finish to the recruiting class [luxury item].
Chibears2
Lots of length, huge hands, fluid movement, already employing some post footwork, work ethic and want to..... Huge get, I think! Lots of potential to build on an already good foundation!
fredbear
BU is the home of the best post players. Welcome to a great decision!
Swim
Really nice pickup.
ABC BEAR
HoustonBear15 said:

Think Sophia Young.
Swim
Calm down.
ABC BEAR
Swim said:

Calm down.
Calm Enthusiasm.....that's me.
Chibears2
ABC BEAR said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Think Sophia Young.
Actually, I thought the same thing, with regards to athleticism, though Maryam's frame is stouter and she is taller. Think Sophia's vertical was greater. Maryam seems a lot less raw than Sophia was coming in, but Sophia's potential was huge and she and the coaching staff managed to develop that potential during her four years.
Heart
I loved Maryam's video and am excited to have her choose Baylor!!
57Bear
fredbear said:

BU is the home of the best post players. Welcome to a great decision!
And one of the best (if not the very best) post coach.
Dcheetah
Great pickup! Welcome Maryam. Her ability to run the floor and shoot outside will also allow her to play the 4 also. Supposed to be great at running the floor for the corner 3 on the break or going to the rim. She achieved her stats sitting out most of the 2nd half of games.
KIA
Absolutely huge! Now an outside shooter. I still hope for Fudd now that Muffet retired, but know that is a pipe dream.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Will be on SicEm365 radio at 3:45 tomorrow

Download the app
HoustonBear15

Her highlights make me really excited. Reminds me a lot of Queen but with more range.
Swim
Her ability to run the floor impresses me more than anything.
Adriacus Peratuun
Running the court, 3 point shots, etc. are all nice.......but the thing of real beauty is her ability to stay vertical in challenging shots to avoid fouling and her willingness to forego the "showboat" shot blocks into the 2nd row "to send a message" & instead keep blocked shots in bounds to create fast break opportunities.

Plays that win games are the most beautiful of all.
WacoKelly83
Coach Messer, an Arky native and former razorback player, has to feel extra good about this one. I believe it's our first Arkansas commit since Jordan Madden.
slimecap
"Maryam Dauda decided to give Baylor women's basketball Coach Kim Mulkey a nice gift for her 58th birthday Sunday afternoon.

"I knew it was her birthday, and I wanted it to be a surprise," Dauda said. "So I announced it to the Baylor coaching staff. Actually, I had a Zoom call with her and all the coaching staff. She was very excited and surprised, and I think this is one of her best birthday presents."

Dauda said she made her mind up a week ago, but she held off making it public in order to have time for family and to make sure she made the right decision."

- Henry Apple, Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 18 May 2020
DFW Bill
Rachael Allison, Jordan Madden and Whitney Zacharison all are from Arkansaw.
BluesBear
Everything in the video was great until her dad showed up wearing a Lakers jersey with the name Ball on it... JK

I see a L. Cox type work ethic in her....
slimecap

Guest Lineup for SicEm365 Radio
Monday, May 18

3:45pm - Maryam Dauda Bentonville High Center
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dropping three's on the break and she's #24 or #36 in the country?
SirBearALot
Great movement with the ball. Plays well in traffic. Scores with defenders on her. Quick. smooth outside stoke. Wow !!!
airforcebear
Coach Messer is extremely good!
blueeyedbear
Brian Ethridge said:

Dropping three's on the break and she's #24 or #36 in the country?
Makes the point that I have been saying for years - rankings should be takin with a grain of salt. Megan Gustafson was ranked 80th !! Joiner Holmes was ranked 2nd !! Gusters and Andrews should have been in top 5 !! Maddy Cox in the 20's ??? Please !! She will climb in the rankings by Senior year !!
Maryam Dauda is the needle in the haystack !!! - much like Sophia Young was.
In fact the comparison ABC Bear makes to Sophia Young is spot on.
Sophia had a higher vertical but Dauda is taller and she can run the court just like Sophia could but add an accurate outside shot well beyond Sophia's range and better ball handling skills with good footwork under the rim and seems to have good court/ball instincts and that's comparing Sophia's Jr. and Sr. years to a High School recruit !!!!
MEGA UPSIDE !!!! Maryam has a solid work ethic and a great attitude and she is a good student - Add to all that she knew CKM's birthday was coming and despite already having made her decision to commit she waited a week to commit to Baylor on Kim's birthday !!! Wow, what a thoughtful and considerate young lady - a perfect Mulkey and Baylor type of player - If I knew nothing else about Maryam Dauda that is all I need to know about her to enthusiastically cheer this commitment !! Go Lady Bears !!!
Eball
I tell you what that video was impressive! I know there are lots of talented kids out there but I would be hard pressed to see any better prospect of her size who moves the way she does and shoots the way she does with a willingness to go inside like she does...man now I know why we were not so upset when we did not get Jada Malone or Wolfenbarger....wow...Seriously 6' 4"!
Baylorkid
I think she's going to be an amazing compliment to Gusters! So ready for the next few seasons of basketball
Baylorkid
Is the stream working for anyone?
Chibears2
Was until Maryam up...
Baylorkid
Okay cool so I'm not the only crazy one
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.