Site Suggestions

3,908 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
First, we hope you're enjoying more coverage of the Lady Bears and other sports than in our past. The addition of the radio crew and Jason King have put us in great shape to cover more sports. As we look forward to sports returning, what are some ideas you'd like us to attempt?

Also, download the app as it gives you access to the site and breaking news fast.

Thanks,
Brian
Chibears2
I still think "A Day in the Life of...." segment would be cool, if you could get subjects willing. Everybody from athletes, to coaches, administrators, managers, trainers, S&C/nutrition staff, heck, even facilities staff. What is the schedule on a game day? Follow a manager as preparation is made for an out of town trip. What about the day of a facilities staffer on gameday? You could start the feature with an introduction to the individual and a bit of biographical info, and then to a time lapse rewind from a shot at end of day to "10 hours earlier" and start the video with how the morning started off and go from there. Soooo many possibilities and most of us haven't had experience at this level. I think it would open the same window "View from the Brazos" does; we fans can feel like we are part of the process....
Wbbfan29
great suggestion!! During the Nina Davis era , one year they did a Game Day takeover on snapchat. On a game day a one of the players would take you through their pre-game routines up to the start of the game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

I still think "A Day in the Life of...." segment would be cool, if you could get subjects willing. Everybody from athletes, to coaches, administrators, managers, trainers, S&C/nutrition staff, heck, even facilities staff. What is the schedule on a game day? Follow a manager as preparation is made for an out of town trip. What about the day of a facilities staffer on gameday? You could start the feature with an introduction to the individual and a bit of biographical info, and then to a time lapse rewind from a shot at end of day to "10 hours earlier" and start the video with how the morning started off and go from there. Soooo many possibilities and most of us haven't had experience at this level. I think it would open the same window "View from the Brazos" does; we fans can feel like we are part of the process....

Interesting and something we could pursue.
Dcheetah
Practice notes or practice footage would be great.
Wbb recruit interviews.
A season long internal look at the team such as a running journal through the season about our experiences and game thoughts and funny or interesting stories as they appear.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Practice notes or practice footage would be great.
Wbb recruit interviews.
A season long internal look at the team such as a running journal through the season about our experiences and game thoughts and funny or interesting stories as they appear.

We had Carrington and Dauda on the radio.

We do practice videos on Views From the Brazos

I'm not sure we will get a journal.
Dcheetah
Yes, those interviews were great. I love the new App.and radio coverage and listen frequently. However, I was referring to interviews with major wbb recruits like we do with football or some MBball recruits and not just commits.

and maybe just more practice content if that is available - who is standing out, who is playing where... there will be more questions with this next team than we have had in a while..
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Yes, those interviews were great. I love the new App.and radio coverage and listen frequently. However, I was referring to interviews with major wbb recruits like we do with football or some MBball recruits and not just commits.

and maybe just more practice content if that is available - who is standing out, who is playing where... there will be more questions with this next team than we have had in a while..

We're trying, but WBB has been interesting on getting interviews.
Dcheetah
I'm sure. Kim likes to keep things quiet.
Chibears2
Brian Ethridge said:

Chibears2 said:

Interesting and something we could pursue.
If you ever want to discuss further, let me know....
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

I'm sure. Kim likes to keep things quiet.

And we respect such.
SSadler
just a comment on proportionality in terms of site material on WBB.

For as long as I can remember Brian Ethridge (and whatever Board he owns/afilliates with) has given MUCH time and coverage to LadyBear basketball. It may be hard to imagine now, but in 2005, women's basketball was almost begging for fan site coverage in the Big 12 (and most of the nation).

College baseball faced much the same.

I don't owe Brian and Sic'em this compliment. They don't need my take. And especially on a Board grounded in the task of football recruiting,

But that said, I greatly appreciate the proportion WBB receives, especially the spirit of Brian's request at the top of this thread.
Chibears2
Absolutely! A big thank you for the coverage!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
I think everyone will be happy with our next steps.
Brownbw
Thanks again for the great coverage. More of the same!!!!
UBBY
Is it possible to create a WBB offers and commits section like there is for football and men's basketball?
Dcheetah
second this.
Maybe also get round 2 of the Didi player insight vids like last yr - esp new players and those not heard from last year
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Maybe also get round 2 of the Didi player insight vids like last yr
Dcheetah, Great suggestion!
I bumped the threads for the DIDi interviews with Queen and NaLyssa. Good times
Brian Ethridge
Staff
UBBY said:

Is it possible to create a WBB offers and commits section like there is for football and men's basketball?
We are trying to get this built
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

second this.
Maybe also get round 2 of the Didi player insight vids like last yr - esp new players and those not heard from last year
Just wait for what we have coming.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap said:

Dcheetah said:

Maybe also get round 2 of the Didi player insight vids like last yr
Dcheetah, Great suggestion!
I bumped the threads for the DIDi interviews with Queen and NaLyssa. Good times
Gonna follow up with Grayson on this.
Dcheetah
Wichitabear
Brian Ethridge said:

Dcheetah said:

second this.
Just wait for what we have coming.
Can't wait !!!! Thank you so much Brian!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.