AN OFF SEASON DIDI RICHARDS VIDEO

2,571 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiDi Richards | TUFF DEFENDER | Baylor Forward

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Chibears2
Thanks for posting!
amanda
Thanks for posting!

>192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
BUbackerinET
Not sure I've seen a better defensive player in the lady's game EVER.
GarlandBear84
BUbackerinET said:

Not sure I've seen a better defensive player in the lady's game EVER.

Give me Griner any day and even Sims.
BUbackerinET
For her size, there are none. Think she's better than Sims for shot blocking ability, and more steals than Griner, I'll stand on my opinion...
setshot
As an overall defender, I have not seen a better defender than Didi Richards . Sims was superb as a one on one defender against guards, and was strong enough to do well against a SF in a pinch, but Didi Richards can guard four positions and probably could guard the post position if she was needed to do so, though I think that would be a bit of a reach against a good post player with a decided size advantage. Her length and wingspan, as well as her positioning and timing, are extraordinary, and her understanding of spacing and her anticipation make her unique.

Griner, however, has had no peer in terms of an impact at the defensive end of the floor. I do not expect
to see her equal again. Though there have been some very fine defenders in the paint among tall players, none that I have seen have had the range at the defensive end that Griner possesses.

What is truly remarkable is that those three players cited above have a legitimate claim to being the finest defenders at their positions in the current era and all were wearing the Green and Gold and playing for Mulkey and Brock. We have been blessed to see them playing for our Lady Bears.

Oh, and by the way, Lauren Cox is at least worth mentioning in the same categories as these three. She has been a great defender in her time at Baylor.
blueeyedbear
setshot said:

As an overall defender, I have not seen a better defender than Didi Richards . Sims was superb as a one on one defender against guards, and was strong enough to do well against a SF in a pinch, but Didi Richards can guard four positions and probably could guard the post position if she was needed to do so, though I think that would be a bit of a reach against a good post player with a decided size advantage. Her length and wingspan, as well as her positioning and timing, are extraordinary, and her understanding of spacing and her anticipation make her unique.

Griner, however, has had no peer in terms of an impact at the defensive end of the floor. I do not expect
to see her equal again. Though there have been some very fine defenders in the paint among tall players, none that I have seen have had the range at the defensive end that Griner possesses.

What is truly remarkable is that those three players cited above have a legitimate claim to being the finest defenders at their positions in the current era and all were wearing the Green and Gold and playing for Mulkey and Brock. We have been blessed to see them playing for our Lady Bears.

Oh, and by the way, Lauren Cox is at least worth mentioning in the same categories as these three. She has been a great defender in her time at Baylor.
Totally agree with the analysis - Griner, Sims, Cox.... what a treat to have three of the best WBB defenders in NCAA history at BU.
DiDi's versatility is really something special ....Glad and sad we get to see her one more year !!!!
historian
blueeyedbear said:

what a treat to have three of the best WBB defenders in NCAA history at BU.
It helps that we have one of the finest WBB coaches ever.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.