Baylor scheduled for 2020 Pre-Season WNIT Tournament

3,248 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Baylor is scheduled to play in the 16-team Pre-Season WNIT tournament in November
slimecap
It is possible that Baylor might play Arkansas 2 times this year in non-conference play.
1. Arkansas is 1 of the 16 teams scheduled for the Pre-Season WNIT Tournament.
2. Arkansas is scheduled to play Baylor in a December game in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.
blueeyedbear
slimecap said:

It is possible that Baylor might play Arkansas 2 times this year in non-conference play.
1. Arkansas is 1 of the 16 teams scheduled for the Pre-Season WNIT Tournament.
2. Arkansas is scheduled to play Baylor in a December game in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.
It could happen
Task Force 2015
In the WNIT maybe we play Arkansas in Waco?The challenge game is there,correct?
slimecap
In addition to BIG 12 Baylor and SEC Arkansas

2 other reported participants in the 16 team 2020 Pre-Season WNIT Tournament are ACC North Carolina State and Conference USA Western Kentucky.
slimecap
"After an exciting 2019-20 season and on the cusp of Head Coach Greg McCall's tenth year at the helm of the women's basketball program, CSU Bakersfield was asked to open up the 2020-21 season in the Preseason WNIT.

Just 16 teams are invited to the NCAA's most-elite preseason tournament. The Roadrunners would have been one of those sixteen programs had it not been for precautionary travel restrictions placed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, CSUB has opted out of the Preseason WNIT and is scheduling all nonconference games within the state of California to help promote the safety of our student-athlete and reduce the potential spread of the virus. CSUB's invitation to the Preseason WNIT comes as the first in program history."

- California State University Bakersfield WBB website, 3 July 2020
BaylorGrad&Dad
I saw a couple of days ago that UT released their non-conference schedule. When will the Lady Bears release theirs? I'm ready to get some dates on my calendar!!
historian
Has there been anything posted anywhere listing all the teams?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I saw a couple of days ago that UT released their non-conference schedule. When will the Lady Bears release theirs? I'm ready to get some dates on my calendar!!
Last year, UConn announced their's early so we knew about that game but Baylor did not release any details until late (September-October?). I would expect the same this year--especially with all the uncertainty surrounding China's coronavirus.
slimecap
historian said:

Has there been anything posted anywhere listing all the teams?
I have not seen a listing of all 16 teams. I read an Arkansas article that mentioned Baylor on one side of an 8 team bracket and Arkansas, North Carolina State and Western Kentucky on the other side of an 8 team bracket.
historian
Thanks. I searched for details and came up empty. I guess we'll have to wait--just like the rest of the schedule.
slimecap
Task Force 2015 said:

Arkansas ... the challenge game is there, correct?
Yes - Arkansas is scheduled to host Baylor in the 2020 SEC/Big 12 Challenge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.