Impact of Covid 19 Shutdown

2,092 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Returned from a business trip in Europe and immediately ran into two high level WBB recruits. Commenting on a personal matter so will not name them.
Recruit A is 99% Baylor likely. Recruit B is 99% UT likely. Recruit A has lost about 10-15 pounds of bad weight and added about 8ish pounds of good weight. Recruit B has added about 15 pounds of bad weight.
Excited to see that the players recruited by Baylor are internally motivated. Texas may have been locked down, but some folks put the time to great use! The physical difference between two players who were physically similar 6 months ago was astounding.

bowdedg
What class?
Dcheetah
Sounds like great news for our future. Could that have been a future Baylor C or F you were visiting with?

Any news from your Cali contact re. Kiki Iriafen? She just listed us in her top 5 but I know Stanford has been a real interest.

I think Maryam can excel at a big F or C. Are we looking at Maryam at F so we can take advantage of her athleticism and shooting and rry to keep space for Betts in 22?

Thx!

Bearprof
To me, Maryam looks like a 4 with the ability to play the 5 in a small ball lineup.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bearprof said:

To me, Maryam looks like a 4 with the ability to play the 5 in a small ball lineup.
She keeps developing the 3 and she'll stretch out to 3/4. Great talent.
Adriacus Peratuun
Dcheetah said:

Sounds like great news for our future. Could that have been a future Baylor C or F you were visiting with?

Any news from your Cali contact re. Kiki Iriafen? She just listed us in her top 5 but I know Stanford has been a real interest.

I think Maryam can excel at a big F or C. Are we looking at Maryam at F so we can take advantage of her athleticism and shooting and rry to keep space for Betts in 22?

Thx\\

Iriafen' s recruiting has been very "close to the vest". Her HS often sends athletes to UCLA but she has been very methodical in recruiting responses. Whichever school she chooses, fans need to be patient. She has good size and is very athletic but is also a very raw talent and needs individual skill coaching.

Despite recruiting rankings, Dauda is currently a more finished product. And I don't see her playing the 5 long term. She has the quickness to eventually play on the wing or as a FaceUp 4. Iriafen is a more traditional post [think Beatrice Mompremier w/o the horrible rocker arm shooting motion].

Baylor could have 10 posts and still have room for Betts in 2022. Everyone has room for Betts.

Any other 2021 recruits by Baylor are a mere luxury. Expect the loss of Richards/Ursin/Carrington to be mitigated with one transfer and Smith moving to her more natural position at the 3.

Feeling that 2022 is going to be a Huge Impact Signing Class for Baylor. And 2023 also.
Dcheetah
Thx for the reply.

How tall is Iriafen? I have seen.everything from 6'1 to 6'4.

Agree we would take Betts no matter what. My comment was looking at the depth.from her side and not seeing mult young centers in front of her. I imagine it may not matter to her anyway - just fit, coaching, and teammates.
Adriacus Peratuun
Dcheetah said:

How tall is Iriafen? I have seen.everything from 6'1 to 6'4.

Per "he who would know" she played this past season at 6'3 and is currently 6'4.

He offered an interesting comparison: a better version of Monique Billings.
Dcheetah
Wow! I hope we get her!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.