Kalani has COVID

4,197 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GarlandBear84
ctxbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prayers for a speedy recovery... https://instagr.am/p/CDBxEuoHQ1c
HoustonBear15
Lauren Cox as well
BearFan33
Gosh...Hang in there KB and LC.
baylor1984
Prayers for both KB and LC to get well soon.
HoustonBear15
gobears20
Staff
Chibears2
Prayers up. Despite what some say, young people aren't bullet proof from this virus or its effects. Some are manifesting even after the virus appears to clear the body. Sincere prayers for God's healing mercy to be bestowed upon our Kalani and Lauren. This is the first and only mention I have heard of Lauren, so it is assumption here that the source is reliable, but prayers for healing mercies are never wasted....
SABaylorFan
This article from ESPN has some additional information on Kalani:

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29531496/dream-glory-johnson-kalani-brown-tested-positive-bubble

Prayers up for a full and speedy recovery.
SABaylorFan
Chibears2 said:

Prayers up. Despite what some say, young people aren't bullet proof from this virus or its effects. Some are manifesting even after the virus appears to clear the body. Sincere prayers for God's healing mercy to be bestowed upon our Kalani and Lauren. This is the first and only mention I have heard of Lauren, so it is assumption here that the source is reliable, but prayers for healing mercies are never wasted....
Per the Fever's twitter account, LC arrived in the bubble Thursday evening and is expecting to begin taking part in team related activities after completing the mandatory 4 day quarantine that everyone goes through upon entering the bubble:

blueeyedbear
Chibears2 said:

No one ever said "young" (15-30) people were immune/bulletproof to the virus.
What was said was infants and young (3 - 15) people are able to resist the virus and ARE NOT SUPER SPREADERS of the covid virus unlike they are with the common flu.
What was said was that with young" (15-30) people the effects of the virus were less severe (sometimes not even evident except for a sniffle or mild headache) and they recover very quickly compared to older populations.
22 European countries have opened their schools. Even Italy and Spain that botched their covid response initially have opened their schools. Asia has opened its schools. Virus deaths attributed to covid in Sweden by school age children reported so fervently by certain US media have now been debunked because SARs was the accurate diagnosis.
Yes we pray up for everyone touched by this virus and hope that this too shall pass and life returns to normal soon. But we also need to kick politics to the curb and know the truth of how this virus was released on the world by China and take steps to see that this can never happen again. This is by my count the 4th virus to "escape" from China. The next one could be even worse. Wake up world.....China Communist Party is not your friend.

Chibears2
blueeyedbear said:

Chibears2 said:

What was said was infants and young (3 - 15) people are able to resist the virus and ARE NOT SUPER SPREADERS of the covid virus unlike they are with the common flu.
What was said was that with young" (15-30) people the effects of the virus were less severe (sometimes not even evident except for a sniffle or mild headache) and they recover very quickly compared to older populations.
22 European countries have opened their schools. Even Italy and Spain that botched their covid response initially have opened their schools. Asia has opened its schools. Virus deaths attributed to covid in Sweden by school age children reported so fervently by certain US media have now been debunked because SARs was the accurate diagnosis.
Yes we pray up for everyone touched by this virus and hope that this too shall pass and life returns to normal soon. But we also need to kick politics to the curb and know the truth of how this virus was released on the world by China and take steps to see that this can never happen again. This is by my count the 4th virus to "escape" from China. The next one could be even worse. Wake up world.....China Communist Party is not your friend.

Chibears2
Chibears2 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Chibears2 said:

With all due respect, you have NO idea the conversations or things I have heard or read, so don't try that crap with me. Got it?! You can certainly speak to what YOU have read or heard, but I know what I have read and heard. Blue eyed Bear, you don't seem to care for my posts. Certainly understandable. There have been times I have posted things that I later didn't care for much myself, either. It is obvious you read my post, then hurried to put your political rebuttal out there, while intimating that my purely observational post was somehow political. Well stuff that. I am entitled to my opinion, as long as it is thoughtful. I will not be intimated, just because it is not YOUR opinion. Won't engage in back and forth with you, because I do not believe middle ground exists anymore, and other people don't get on here to read our positions, but my lack of engagement is not due to your changing my position, I want to be clear about that.
blueeyedbear
Chibears2 said:

Chibears2 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Chibears2 said:

With all due respect, you have NO idea the conversations or things I have heard or read, so don't try that crap with me. Got it?! You can certainly speak to what YOU have read or heard, but I know what I have read and heard. Blue eyed Bear, you don't seem to care for my posts. Certainly understandable. There have been times I have posted things that I later didn't care for much myself, either. It is obvious you read my post, then hurried to put your political rebuttal out there, while intimating that my purely observational post was somehow political. Well stuff that. I am entitled to my opinion, as long as it is thoughtful. I will not be intimated, just because it is not YOUR opinion. Won't engage in back and forth with you, because I do not believe middle ground exists anymore, and other people don't get on here to read our positions, but my lack of engagement is not due to your changing my position, I want to be clear about that.
My post was not political it was fact based in response to misinformation posted by you that mirrors talking points heard and read on a daily basis by the media as a reason not to open the schools. If that offends your sensabilities....to bad. If my post intimidated you that says more about you then me. My intent was not to intimate but to educate but as you pointed out that you will not be changing your position..... So your position is political after all. There is an old saying "don't confuse me with the facts I have already made my decision". Your lack of intellectual curiosity and information diversity is troubling but you have a lot of company in that boat.
I do not know you and I do not recall ever posting previously on any posting by you. So your assertion that I do not care for your posts is both inaccurate and unfounded. I wish you well and thank you for your prayers for Kalani and Lauren. Add Maddie to your prayer list if you would.

BUatbirth
....and Maddie?!..virus?
BluesBear
Same symptoms my nephew had - took some zinc and vitamin C and was better in 48 hours. U of Washington requiring students to take C19 test every day for 2 weeks. PEOPLE ARE ****ING NUTS
SABaylorFan
Lani saw her first action today, logging 13 points & 4 rebounds in 11 minutes. Alexis Jones also went 3 for 5 from beyond the arc in a 93 to 82 Dream loss to the Sun.
historian
blueeyedbear said:

We need to know the truth of how this virus was released on the world by China and take steps to see that this can never happen again. This is by my count the 4th virus to "escape" from China. The next one could be even worse. Wake up world.....China Communist Party is not your friend.
This may be the most important fact about COVID-19: the Chinese communist government are responsible for biological warfare against the human race. Not only did they unleash this virus (& others) on the world, in 2020 they also hoarded medical supplies limiting other countries ability to respond to the China virus.

They are corrupt and incompetent tyrants and need to be treated as such. Of course, they are also extremely powerful tyrants so common sense must also prevail. But they are not our friends and anyone who thinks so will be disavowed of those ideas sooner or later. Some have been already this year.
keysjaws
FACT??????? You of all people should know better than that! History is written by those who were not present at the time of the event.

Hope Kalani has recovered enough to go on to a geat WNBA career.....Sicem Kalani!
historian
The virus originated in China (and no, it is not racist to state the obvious fact) and the Chinese government lied about it from day one. I don't know if they have ever been honest about any aspect of the virus and its spread from Wuhan. That's what I mean by biological warfare: the incompetence & dishonesty in dealing with a crisis that started out local & quickly spread globally because of their incompetence. They were too interest in saving face, maintaining power, or whatever petty motives those dictators have to care about their own people or the millions of others globally impacted.

I probably should have clarified earlier what I meant. Hopefully this is better.
keysjaws
The only fact is "where it originated"....if that is true. I am not a Chinese government supporter but I am still amazed at all the "facts" you tout....NOT! You have an agenda that many support....but it is not based on many facts. As the saying goes, "It's all a lie".
DFW Bill
Please post on the political board, not WBB.
CavalryRoadie
DFW Bill said:

Please post on the political board, not WBB.
+1
historian
I have an agenda: being honest. The virus originated in Wuhan, China. I have never seen any credible evidence to the contrary. Somebody might have a political agenda but it's not me.
blueeyedbear
historian said:

I have an agenda: being honest. The virus originated in Wuhan, China. I have never seen any credible evidence to the contrary. Somebody might have a political agenda but it's not me.
Historian, your wasting your time with keysjaws.... He and his ilk are charter members of the "do not confuse me with the facts I have already made my decision" club.
Lets move on to WBB.... enjoy your posts
BUBBFAN
historian said:

+1
historian
Yea, I should have known better than to mention it. But I was only responding to what someone else said.
GarlandBear84
Apparently Kalani now has a knee injury. The box score today says that.
SABaylorFan
GarlandBear84 said:

Apparently Kalani now has a knee injury. The box score today says that.
Coach Collen said in her pre game media session that they don't think it was anything very serious but Kalani was experiencing knee soreness and they are doing an MRI to make sure there is no significant damage.
GarlandBear84
Kalani played tonight, so I guess the knee is OK. She played three minutes and scored two.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.