Video Jaden Owens to transfer from UCLA to Baylor

2,072 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearFan33
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
fredbear
Thank you for posting!
Adriacus Peratuun
When watching her high school play, certain aspects stand out.

1. Her shot release is super quick. She gets the shot off at a pace that prevents blocks.
2. She has a low release point on her shot [that takeaway applies to more than half of female shooters].
3. She is quick. The video above says "fast". I see it more as quick. It isn't an issue of pull away speed as it is first step quickness [which is far more important in basketball].
4. Good court vision.
5. Good at creating passing angles.
6. Lacks defensive intensity [same as 99% of high school players (male or female)].
7. Average ball handling. Good, not great.
Bearprof
Adriacus Peratuun said:

When watching her high school play, certain aspects stand out.

1. Her shot release is super quick. She gets the shot off at a pace that prevents blocks.
2. She has a low release point on her shot [that takeaway applies to more than half of female shooters].
3. She is quick. The video above says "fast". I see it more as quick. It isn't an issue of pull away speed as it is first step quickness [which is far more important in basketball].
4. Good court vision.
5. Good at creating passing angles.
6. Lacks defensive intensity [same as 99% of high school players (male or female)].
7. Average ball handling. Good, not great.

Agreed, I would like to see more foot speed and I'm wondering what her defensive intensity is since really none of that is shown in the highlights. I see a superior passer who always keep her head up when she has the ball. She doesn't seem to make flashy plays which is fine with me - very collected when handling the ball, makes simple and effective passes. Very economical in that regard. I wonder what her Asst/TO ratio was in HS... Good shooting form and I don't mind the low release point when she gets the shot off that quickly. If she can play even decent D, she'll be in the rotation for minutes. Seeing these highlights, she seems to be a 1 and not a 2 or even a combo guard.
HarryJohnson
I guess we will see tomorrow what impact she will have. I am looking forward to seeing her play.
BearFan33
Certainly looks to be a 3 point threat who knows when to pass and when to drive. Can't wait to see her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.