Arkansas Wbb

2,557 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SSadler
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has been recruiting better in recent years and Kelcee Plum just joined staff. Ark is turning out high quality wbb prospects like Christyn Williams, Jersey W and now Chloe Clardy. I think they are trying to ramp up to be a wbb power in the SEC. This is certainly an area we look at for recruiting and have had some success so I wonder if this will put a damper on that somewhat. Thoughts?
DFW Bill
Mike Neighbors is the Coach at Arkansas, Kelsey Plum played for Neighbors at Washington when he was the Coach there. She is a graduate assistant and will work with players as they transition to potential professional leagues. He is a very good recruiter and is known as a players Coach. His high octane Guard oriented offense is fun to play in. Look for Arkansas to be a contender in the SEC and the NCAA's.
DFW Bill
The Arkansas starting perimeter players will be Chelsea Dundee, Amber Ramrez and Destiny Slocum, that's some serious fire power. They are not strong defenders or rebounders, but they play hard and can really light up the scoreboard. Neighbors gets buy in to his program and shooters always have a green light. He is a very nice person and his players see that, they like playing for him.
ABC BEAR
They may be able to sign a few players but the teams who play for titles will continue to poach enough talent to keep the Hogs from acquiring much depth beyond 2 or 3 talented starters.
Adriacus Peratuun
Neighbor's system is designed to satisfy 3.5 players on the volume of shot attempts they want. It will entice players concerned with their shot attempts.

In the best years they will make an appearance in the Sweet 16. And lose.
Task Force 2015
A long time ago under Coach Gary Blair the Ark.WBB team did advance to the second round of the dance on multiple occasions.In 1998 as a 9 seed they reached the Final Four.The star player was our own Sylvia Messer,the Lady Bear recruiting coordinator.Arkansas beat us in the first round of the NCAA Tournament during Coach Mulkey's first year.Blair moved to A&M In 2003 and Kim has stayed at BU.She has built a premier program that Arkansas acknowledges in its promotions for this season.
BUVA
DFW Bill said:

The Arkansas starting perimeter players will be Chelsea Dundee, Amber Ramrez and Destiny Slocum, that's some serious fire power. They are not strong defenders or rebounders, but they play hard and can really light up the scoreboard. Neighbors gets buy in to his program and shooters always have a green light. He is a very nice person and his players see that, they like playing for him.

Juicy smacked down Amber Ramirez's Big12 single game three-point record, and went on to break NCAA record.
ScottS
They got Jersey whom we wanted.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ScottS said:

Baylor got everyone else.
ABC BEAR
Brian Ethridge said:

ScottS said:

Baylor got everyone else.
We can go into the state of Arkansas and cherry pick players the UA wants. I don't forsee a scenario where the UA comes into the state of Texas and sign anyone with an offer from Baylor. It's going to be a long dang time before that happens.
SSadler
no message; I had a K. Plum question but revisited her Achilles tear and answered it myself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.