Stollings prepares to sue TTU

3,108 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oso de esqui
beardoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kcbd.com/2020/09/03/ex-womens-basketball-coach-marlene-stollings-prepares-sue-texas-tech-over-firing/

It will be interesting to see if Tech says "yes, we did have cause" or "you can't sue us we're the state".
Noghri
I'm no lawyer but discovery could be pretty bad for both parties.
geewago
Lawyers should do fairly well in all this. ScoutBear you need to get in on some of this gravy.
HarryJohnson
If I am a coach, I would not want go there. Most seem to leave and sue. Says a lot about the school. Says a lot about who they hire.
beardoc
Apps another article in the AJ on Monday that will have comments from Tech players and ones from previous school.
beardoc
It came out today. It looks like some poorly vetted this decision.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/sports/20200906/silent-no-more-additional-former-players-speak-out-on-stollingsrsquo-coaching-methods
geewago
It will probably be settled out of court. I imagine she'll get a little cash and a free home delivered pizza every week for ten years.
drahthaar
geewago said:

It will probably be settled out of court. I imagine she'll get a little cash and a free home delivered pizza every week for ten years.
Most likely. Employment guidelines in Texas don't help her much, and the PR will be bad.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
witchmo said:

geewago said:

Most likely. Employment guidelines in Texas don't help her much, and the PR will be bad.
PR for both sides would like it to go away.
geewago
Just read yesterday that the softball coach at TT had immediately resigned. ???
beardoc
Similar story, but some players coming to her defense. Bottom line is Hocutt doesn't really care about women's sports, just wants them to show up and shut up.
Green&GoldStandard
geewago said:

Just read yesterday that the softball coach at TT had immediately resigned. ???

Yep:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/softball/2020/09/22/texas-tech-softball-coach-resigns-after-review-program/3497923001/
oso de esqui
They have hired an "independent law firm" to review across all programs. Found it ironic that the firm is "Holland & Knight" given the schools relationship with their form men's bb coach.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.