My final 4

3,138 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Green&GoldStandard
Hadyguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor , Arkansas , UCONN , South Carolina

I dont think people understand how much of a threat Arkansas will be this year . They have scorers.
Brownbw
Who is their coach??
DFW Bill
Mike Neighbors
Lone Star
Still wish we could rewind and edit 2019-2020. The FF would have been best ever. Baylor/Oregon, Baylor/SC rematch.
Bone Squad
Attacking players, for any team, is generally frowned upon to say the least.

"Just facts" are fine if they are supportable. But if you are going to come here making wild allegations about players, without citing any sources, then you are doing no more than baseless mudslinging. Feel free to link a news article or other credible evidence we can all verify if you are actually bringing up relevant topics in good faith.

I don't know anything about the player in question, and I have little love for Texas Tech. But we expect a higher standard here when discussing student athletes, regardless of what team they play for.
Wbbfan29
You started a thread about the young lady and it was deleted. That should tell you something...
br53
DFW Bill said:

Mike Neighbors
Is that Gomer Pyle's boy?
Adriacus Peratuun
Hadyguy said:

Just facts just like other board members attack other players. Dont like it? Ignore it. You probaly had my post taken down.
The point that so many Millenials fail to understand........your opinion is not a fact.

Facts are objectively verifiable. Facts have evidentiary support.

What you believe isn't a "fact" it is your opinion. Opinions without something more are not facts.

And your conjecture about the reason for your post being deleted is wrong. A solid example of why opinions are not facts.
ScottS
Wait wouldn't Oregon be in there?
Bone Squad
They graduated Ionescu, Sabally, Hebard, and Moore. I'm sure they will continue to be an elite program, but they'll take a step back this year.
fredbear
Yes. Final 4: BU, SC, Oregon, UConn
Bone Squad
Switch out Oregon for Stanford.
BaylorBearWBBFan
I think UConn, Baylor, and South Carolina are three fairly obvious choices, but there is definitely some decision for that fourth spot.

While Arkansas has a lot of really good scorers, I don't think they have the size or defense required for a Final Four run. Their style of play makes them subject to a huge upset when they're doing well offensively, but they're also susceptible to getting upset by a less talented team when they have an off day.

Mississippi State has the talent to make it to the Final Four, but they have a new coach so there is some unpredictability there.

Oregon has loads of talent, but is also unproven given all their losses. They may be one of those teams that doesn't come on until late in the season.

Stanford definitely has some experienced talent and a great coach. I think I would go with them for that fourth spot.

Louisville, Arizona, and NC State could also be in contention for that fourth slot.
blueeyedbear
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

I think UConn, Baylor, and South Carolina are three fairly obvious choices, but there is definitely some decision for that fourth spot.

While Arkansas has a lot of really good scorers, I don't think they have the size or defense required for a Final Four run. Their style of play makes them subject to a huge upset when they're doing well offensively, but they're also susceptible to getting upset by a less talented team when they have an off day.

Mississippi State has the talent to make it to the Final Four, but they have a new coach so there is some unpredictability there.

Oregon has loads of talent, but is also unproven given all their losses. They may be one of those teams that doesn't come on until late in the season.

Stanford definitely has some experienced talent and a great coach. I think I would go with them for that fourth spot.

Louisville, Arizona, and NC State could also be in contention for that fourth slot.
I can see that scenario playing out. But I also think this is the perfect storm for a Cinderella to appear
Green&GoldStandard
blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBearWBBFan said:

I can see that scenario playing out. But I also think this is the perfect storm for a Cinderella to appear

Sherri Coal's last stand before she hands the program over to Jr
Lone Star
Oregon's time has just passed. Very guard heavy and they have lost their entire starting squad (Don't know if Erin Boley is returning). I believe Oregon will finish 3rd in PAC-12 behind Stanford and UCLA.

Baylor, SC, Stanford are my 3 FF picks, which leaves room for that Cinderella.
DanaDane
Only obvious Final 4 team is South Carolina.

All the rest have at least a wart or two that will have to be addressed and overcome to make it to the Final 4.
blueeyedbear
The Pac 12 will eat their own - (if they play) and that will make the last one or two standing vulnerable to an upset.
I think Stanford gets the last chair there when the music stops. I agree South Carolina is solid, U Conn ?????, Oregon and UCLA ????, I don't think I am a homer when I say BU is solid. I see at least 8 other teams that can mess with bracketologists heads.
Dcheetah
Oregon has.the other Sabally sister who is supposed to be even better than her sister (don't know how healthy she is though) and Sedona Prince getting ready to debut. I don't think Sedona is a big offensive threat but she will make it hard to score underneath. I suspect they may be better than people think.

I worry about our lack of size and bulk - hope to see us really take advantage of of our speed and athleticism and quality depth and D. Hopeful for a FF and don't care who else is there.
Hadyguy
Baylor , Arkansas , UCONN, South Carolina and I'm sticking with it.

Title game

UCONN vs Baylor
Chibears2
Don't shoot me for saying this, but where does everyone see Texas falling out? Always had talent and now have a coach who is a veteran of deep NCAA runs. Could they get comfortable enough by tourney time to make a deep run?
Lone Star
Dcheetah said:

Oregon has.the other Sabally sister who is supposed to be even better than her sister (don't know how healthy she is though) and Sedona Prince getting ready to debut. I don't think Sedona is a big offensive threat but she will make it hard to score underneath. I suspect they may be better than people think.

I worry about our lack of size and bulk - hope to see us really take advantage of of our speed and athleticism and quality depth and D. Hopeful for a FF and don't care who else is there.
Only thing about Prince and Sabally is that they have been in college for 2 years and have not played in a single competition due to injuries. I am of the opinion that this year may be a "growing" year for them. Of course I could be mistaken but, we will find out.
blueeyedbear
Chibears2 said:

Don't shoot me for saying this, but where does everyone see Texas falling out? Always had talent and now have a coach who is a veteran of deep NCAA runs. Could they get comfortable enough by tourney time to make a deep run?
I see the horns in the sweet 16. If they get on a hot roll potential elite 8
Green&GoldStandard
blueeyedbear said:

Chibears2 said:

I see the horns in the sweet 16. If they get on a hot roll potential elite 8

Unfortunately I agree but we do need some competition once the OCC schedule is over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.