NCAA Division 1 Council announces the start of Basketball To be November 25

1,848 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jumpinjoe
DFW Bill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The NCAA Division 1 Council said today both Men's and Women's Basketball Seasons can start on November 25, 2020. There will be no exhibition games or scrimmages permitted before that date. I wonder how many fans will be permitted to watch the game in the Ferrell Center. If it's 25% I'm not high enough on the list of season ticket holders. 50% I would make the cut. Then how risky will it be?
geewago
I guess if the season started at the normal time around Nov 1 covid would be more deadly. Just wait until the 25th and I reckon it's safe. MLB and NBA did the same thing. Decided to play again but waited 6 weeks to start. Why? Now Pac12 and BG10 are doing the same. I'm sure this makes sense to somebody.

WalMart is where we should play the games. It's a disease free zone.
GarlandBear84
Maybe they'll survey season ticket holders to ask who wants to opt out due to pre-existing conditions or general health concerns and that would open spots for others.
geewago
I guess if the powers that be will not allow me to renew my season tickets I've had for 22 years, I'll either have to go down to the FC and stand with my finger up in the air and see if anyone can spare me one or I'll just have to forget about WBB for this year.

I heard a rap song titled "All Screwed Up" one time. Nearly every day now I'm reminded of that song as I think about how complicated we have made life over a virus. It's all screwed up.
blueeyedbear
geewago said:

I guess if the powers that be will not allow me to renew my season tickets I've had for 22 years, I'll either have to go down to the FC and stand with my finger up in the air and see if anyone can spare me one or I'll just have to forget about WBB for this year.

I heard a rap song titled "All Screwed Up" one time. Nearly every day now I'm reminded of that song as I think about how complicated we have made life over a virus. It's all screwed up.
You wont be the only one - I will probably be next too ya.
ronnah371
I guess if the powers that be will not allow me to renew my season tickets I've had for 22 years, I'll either have to go down to the FC and stand with my finger up in the air and see if anyone can spare me one or I'll just have to forget about WBB for this year. >Nox Vidmate VLC
LadyChickBear
It would be nice if they would actually look at how long you have had your tickets and the number of games you have attended instead of how much money you give and how many other sports you attend. 18 years and 98% of home games should count for something. But, alas, I expect to be on my couch and since hubby is retiring in a year, this could be it for us. Sad.
Scout Bear
25% of our season ticket holders would still be bigger than about 80% of all other programs.

For people over 70 the rona is fatal in 5% of cases in that age group. Stay in the basement DFWBill.
jumpinjoe
LadyChickBear said:

It would be nice if they would actually look at how long you have had your tickets and the number of games you have attended instead of how much money you give and how many other sports you attend. 18 years and 98% of home games should count for something. But, alas, I expect to be on my couch and since hubby is retiring in a year, this could be it for us. Sad.

Not the business model they adopted. Priorities are 1. Money given is way ahead of whatever is at no. 2. Thus the reason for open seats in the most visable areas in seating.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.