ESPN: Baylor sits at No. 1 in combined men's and women's college basketball rankings

1,165 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DanaDane
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor sits at No. 1 in combined men's and women's college basketball rankings

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/30342238/baylor-sits-no-1-combined-men-women-college-basketball-rankings

1. Baylor

Previous rank: 1

Rankings: No. 1 (men), No. 5 (women)

Men: A Baylor squad that won 23 games in a row last season should sustain that momentum with Jared Butler and MaCio Teague, who withdrew from the NBA draft, coming back to lead one of the best programs in America. While there are concerns in the paint with the departure of Freddie Gillespie and the medical retirement of Tristan Clark, Baylor has the depth and talent to win the program's first national championship. -- Myron Medcalf

Women: Baylor is in remarkably good shape for a team that lost Lauren Cox and two others to the WNBA draft. Junior NaLyssa Smith is a star in waiting, and there are high hopes for recruits Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters. With a small roster, Baylor needs a quick return from reigning Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year DiDi Richards, who suffered a spinal injury in preseason. -- Graham Hays

6. Texas

Rankings: No. 20 (men), No. 25 (women)

Women: Vic Schaefer comes to Austin from Mississippi State for one reason: to get the Longhorns back to contending with Baylor in the Big 12. That's unlikely to happen immediately this season, but the speed with which he built the Bulldogs into a national power indicates that the Big 12 will be more competitive fairly soon. -- Charlie Creme
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ABC BEAR
Great news. Too bad I can't buy at ticket and go see them.
historian
I have the same problem.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
DanaDane
If anyone has followed the Myron Medcalf vs. Baylor saga over the Scott Drew era, you'll know how incredible it is to see Myron have to write that. He was the media leader for years driving the "Scott Drew Can't Coach" and the "I Love To Take Potshots At Any Baylor sports team" bus. It's been very satisfying watching him take those words back over the past couple of years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.