Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas

8,828 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DanaDane said:

Baylorkid said:

When did she say that?
Her interview last year that was posted in this forum. She was laughing about it.
Didi was the one who was interviewing her and brought it up.
Link for DiDi interviewing Queen Egbo
https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/54787
historian
Curious JMo or Haller just announced they are headed to Tampa to play USF.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
DanaDane
So they play USF and then Arkansas?
Baylorkid
Thanks! I hope Queen doesn't end up transferring
Baylorkid
Yes
Baylorkid
Started off bad but ended the game better! Caitlin Bickle is my player of the game! 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 steals, 1 block and no turnovers!
historian
DanaDane said:

So they play USF and then Arkansas?

According to Baylor's web site:

https://baylorbears.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule/2020-21

If it has been cancelled, the web page has not yet been updated.
slimecap
"Didn't play Queen Egbo - coach's decision"
- Kim Mulkey on radio post-game interview
Task Force 2015
MrGolfguy
Leggo my Egbo?
BU71
Brian Ethridge said:

DanaDane said:

Haller confused Smith with DiDi? Dang those eyes are getting OLD Jimmy!!!!!!!

I asked my wife how old Haller is now, has to be 74-76?
76 at least, he was teaching PE at MCC in 1966.
IslandBear
Yeah, its time for Haller to go. He also called #24 as Carrington more than once. I kept thinking that sure looks like Andrews and checked the roster to be sure. As for the game, a sloppy start as everyone looked tight but once they got into a rhythm it looked more promising.
hitmanmw
That was just awful. And by our most experienced players. Moon terrible. Smith terrible. Gusters was a definite bright spot. That didn't look like top 10 stuff. Definitely missed Egbo's athleticism.
Baylorkid
I agree it's so hard to listen to him!
Baylorkid
hitmanmw said:

That was just awful. And by our most experienced players. Moon terrible. Smith terrible. Gusters was a definite bright spot. That didn't look like top 10 stuff. Definitely missed Egbo's athleticism.

Bickle played amazing too!
Eball
For 2020 I'll take it and move on. I love the Lady Bears
BaylorTaxman
hitmanmw said:

Bickle played very well. Smith had a great second half. I think she was trying to do too much in the first half with Didi and Queen not playing.
slimecap

(Left) #51 Caitlin Bickle

14 points. 5-6 FG. 4-6 FT. 11 rebounds. 2 assists. 4 steals. 27 minutes.
ChapBear
DanaDane said:

Brian Ethridge said:

• Gusters is going to be good

Give Brock a couple of years working on her post up, and she's gonna be a Kalani clone.
Gusters is so much more versatile and mobile than Brown was at this stage. She can get a quick shot up with both hands which makes her much harder to guard. Plus she has a naturally soft shot with touch. we are going to love watching her play.
Task Force 2015
I agree with ChapBear.When she receives the ball,she doesn't bounce it or even lower it,she takes it to the cup.I think she made multiple left hand shots.Her free throw shot is terrific for a freshman big.She and Andrews played together in high school.That shows.Andrew's can anticipate Gusters' moves and deliver the ball where it needs to be.Wow.Also as to Andrew,she is physically stronger than I expected.Obviously she is talented.
historian
I was so pleased to see the Lady Bears play, finally! And I saw great things from the new girls along with some great things from Bickle, et al. The season shows much promise. I am curious as to how well they will play against tougher foes.
57Bear
slimecap said:

Love that picture. Caitlin looks great and those are some of her best stats. Looking forward to some quality minutes for her this year.
DanaDane
ChapBear said:

DanaDane said:

Brian Ethridge said:

• Gusters is going to be good

Give Brock a couple of years working on her post up, and she's gonna be a Kalani clone.
Gusters is so much more versatile and mobile than Brown was at this stage. She can get a quick shot up with both hands which makes her much harder to guard. Plus she has a naturally soft shot with touch. we are going to love watching her play.

Agree. As I said in another thread, I was surprised at how agile she is. I hadn't really seen her play that much and so that was a pleasant surprise. There's also something going on with Andrews and Gusters that you can't teach -- they've played so much ball together that one several feeds from Andrew, you could tell she already knew exactly where to put it for Gusters.
geewago
Overall Bickle played the best game of all of them. And I would say Gusters was second best. Smith of course scored the most points as I expected but she really didn't start showing signs of her true self until the second half. She would have scored 45 points if she'd been connecting.
slimecap
ATTENDANCE

Wichitabear
57Bear said:

slimecap said:

Love that picture. Caitlin looks great and those are some of her best stats. Looking forward to some quality minutes for her this year.
She looks great without all those knee braces. Matured as a player.
Wichitabear
slimecap said:

ATTENDANCE

we all wanted that new stadium by now but we can really spread out in Ferrell.
historian
historian
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

She looks great without all those knee braces. Matured as a player.
Great coaching.
Chibears2
One thing to remember is Coach Mulkey prioritizes defense in practice at the start of the year. I have heard her say sometimes they just go without a ball just to emphasize defensive positioning. So, it makes sense that we might look ragged and off on our timing offensively. We actually looked pretty good on defense, though we definitely overmatched our opponent. Survive the game, get live reps, watch game film, develop on-court chemistry, use practice to address revealed issues, improve for the next game. Rinse, repeat.... We'll all be pretty pleased where this team ends up, I think, if we can avoid injury and discipline problems, and if outside issue respective to COVID don't kill our season.
Wichitabear
Chibears2 said:

One thing to remember is Coach Mulkey prioritizes defense in practice at the start of the year. I have heard her say sometimes they just go without a ball just to emphasize defensive positioning. So, it makes sense that we might look ragged and off on our timing offensively. We actually looked pretty good on defense, though we definitely overmatched our opponent. Survive the game, get live reps, watch game film, develop on-court chemistry, use practice to address revealed issues, improve for the next game. Rinse, repeat.... We'll all be pretty pleased where this team ends up, I think, if we can avoid injury and discipline problems, and if outside issue respective to COVID don't kill our season.
I hope Egbo can get herself together. She is such a good player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.