SC looks beatable

3,733 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUbackerinET
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wins by only 10 points against unranked opponent, South Dakota .
Baylorkid
South Dakota is pretty good though! But I agree they do look beatable.
SCspur
South Dakota is a very good team and they should be a ranked team. The score wasn't a good indicator for the game after SC went up 20 Dawn pulled the starters and played the bench the entire 4th quarter then the score got close. It sounded as if you looked at the box score and assumed everything.
fredbear
No offense intended. I'm a carolina native myself . But the score is indicative of the game. Close at halftime and SC only had one dominate quarter, the third. I would have expected the bench of SC to mop up South Dakota. And certainly would not expect the starters to barely have a lead at halftime. My sister is SC graduate and I wish you well. But SC looked very human tonight as did BU in a recent early game. No need to be touchy.
SCspur
Wasn't being touchy I expect us to look a little rough to start no one has played in almost 8 months. South Dakota is underrated in my mind as is South Dakota St who beat Iowa St earlier today. All of the mid majors will be tough to beat.
fredbear
Ok. You may be right. Go cocks, unless the play Baylor.
bawitdaball
We looked beatable this season is going to be interesting but every team is going through some early season Laois. SC will be a solid team. But alas, we've learned before, everyone is technically beatable.
Adriacus Peratuun
Herbert Harrigan's outside shooting was huge in creating floor spacing. They miss it tremendously.
blueeyedbear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Herbert Harrigan's outside shooting was huge in creating floor spacing. They miss it tremendously.
I totally agree !! Amazing how sometimes one player can effect the outcome of a game
DanaDane
South Dakota is a fundamentally sound, disciplined team, much moreso than us. It would come down to a final 2 minute game if we were to play them right now. I wouldn't cast any stones against SC based on that game.
fredbear
SC struggled again today against 21 ranked Gonzaga. The season is open for whomever gets it together, including SC.
SCspur
fredbear said:

SC struggled again today against 21 ranked Gonzaga. The season is open for whomever gets it together, including SC.

One thing for sure these tough games will get SC together before anyone else. Gonzaga will be a top 15 maybe top 10 team this year. SD will be top 25. SC also faces #8 NC State Thursday.
fredbear
SCspur, good insight. The fire may forge them. Staley will have them ready.
fredbear
Baylor and SC share three opponents, Iowa state, Arkansas, and UCONN. Three common, quality opponents should give us a good comparison as we go. SC has a tough schedule and it will be very difficult to go undefeated, not that that is necessary. A&M could sneak up on anyone in SEC.
DanaDane
If SC fans watched our game tonight, I'm guessing they'd be saying the same things about us.
fredbear
SCspur

I officially and publicly eat crow.
SirBearALot
Nc St leads So. carolina by 2 with 2 minutes left
SirBearALot
NC St up by 4 with 1 min. Left
SirBearALot
Up by 2 at South Carolina home Court with 40 seconds left
whitetrash
Chickens choke. She-wolves up 5 15 sec and the ball
BUatbirth
#1 SC falls to #8 NC State! 54-46
bawitdaball
BUatbirth said:

Talk about an ugly game.
BUatbirth
bawitdaball said:

BUatbirth said:

Talk about an ugly game.
Very!
SirBearALot
North Carolina St beats #1 So.Carolina by 8 in SC..54 to 46....USC scores only 46....wow!!!
Adriacus Peratuun
Neither team shot 30% from the field. Neither team shot 25% from 3 point line.

South Carolina shot 36% on FTs while NC St. shot 83% on FTs.......difference in the game.

Shooting matters!
bawitdaball
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Neither team shot 30% from the field. Neither team shot 25% from 3 point line.

South Carolina shot 36% on FTs while NC St. shot 83% on FTs.......difference in the game.

Shooting matters!

Also worth mentioning...I like Carolyn Peck, but the commentary tonight was bit good, especially for the caliber of game. The KST/Kentucky game on ESPN+ has more interesting commentators.
fredbear
Yep. Beatable. Those early close games against unranked teams showed the *****s in the armor. In reality, we are in the same position. Both SC And BU have a long way to go to be a top 4 team.
DanaDane
In two months we're still gonna have fans all worried about what South Carolina is doing as Texas and Iowa St. truck right over us. Amazing.
fredbear
You had a bad day Danedane? SC is a top 5 team for the moment as are we. The boards are for the purpose of such speculative discussions. No need to be angry that our team has had a less than stellar start. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
fredbear
Arkansas on their court. Predictions?

Smith comes alive and moon hits three threes score BU 78 Ark 56
Baylorkid
Oh man! Wish Hailey Van Lith would've picked us over Louisville! She would've helped us out on offense a lot
BUatbirth
My thoughts also Baylorkid. I remember her visit to Waco. A video was posted briefly by one of our players. It was the coaching staff, Gusters, Andrews and VanLith (in BU jerseys), confetti and balloons falling. All the staff had hats that said "Big 3". I would think that you wouldn't go to all that trouble without some indication from VanLith of her desire to be a Lady Bear. I gotta believe the 'king of negative recruiting' flipped her. Oh well, the world of recruiting today. I think we are gonna have significant recruiting wins the next 3 years...beginning with Sammie Wagner. Maryam Douda will be huge also.
Baylorkid
BUatbirth said:

My thoughts also Baylorkid. I remember her visit to Waco. A video was posted briefly by one of our players. It was the coaching staff, Gusters, Andrews and VanLith (in BU jerseys), confetti and balloons falling. All the staff had hats that said "Big 3". I wouldn't think that you wouldn't go to all that trouble without some indication from VanLith of her desire to be a Lady Bear. I gotta believe the 'king of negative recruiting' flipped her. Oh well, the world of recruiting today. I think we are gonna have significant recruiting wins the next 3 years...beginning with Sammie Wagner.

I was so disappointed when she picked Louisville over us! We only had 10 available players on this team! Kim would've found playing time for her especially how well she's been playing her first 3 games! I hope Sarah Andrews gets going
setshot
Baylor thought that they had Van Lith right up to the last day or so, when they didn't. Mulkey invested a lot in her recruitment and rightfully so. Hailey is exactly the kind of player she likes and does not often get, skilled and tough as nails, ready to play on arrival. It did not help that Waltz was her summer coach on the USA team, and that Louisville had Asia Dur as their featured point guard for four years. I am not a Waltz fan particularly, but I think that he is a very good coach and clearly a fine recruiter.
blueeyedbear
setshot said:

Baylor thought that they had Van Lith right up to the last day or so, when they didn't. Mulkey invested a lot in her recruitment and rightfully so. Hailey is exactly the kind of player she likes and does not often get, skilled and tough as nails, ready to play on arrival. It did not help that Waltz was her summer coach on the USA team, and that Louisville had Asia Dur as their featured point guard for four years. I am not a Waltz fan particularly, but I think that he is a very good coach and clearly a fine recruiter.
Set Shot is spot on.....Kim and players thought her signing with BU was a done deal. THEN.....????
Messer put a lot of time in on her... she took it hard when HVL went to Waltz.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.