2021 Maryam Dauda

2,872 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Red Bear
BUatbirth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel she is gonna be special!

DanaDane
Like most freshmen, she will likely struggle at first since her size has allowed her to dominate at her current level and she'll quickly see how many others are just as tall, fast,strong and talented. So, she'll have to be patient. But from everyone I've spoken with she has a phenomenal attitude and is always wanting to improve, and THAT is the kind of attitude that generally allows one to reach their potential particularly with a head coach like Kim who preaches fundamentals. I'm excited for her to join the program as well.
chorne68
She has much more offensive skills than most posts.
Polarbear
Did you catch that she was discussed as 6'6", by her Coach and the reporter? Most prior info has her at 6'4". Growth spurt? Competitive HS propaganda?
bearbone11
I feel like the Dauda/Gusters combo could become our next Cox/Brown. Add in Sammie Wagner at the 3 in a couple years it looks like a pretty formidable roster.
Bearprof
From what I've seen on her highlights, I'm liking her at the 4 and as a 5 in a small lineup. She's a 4 that can stretch the floor like Cox, although isn't the physical presence that Cox was.
Green&GoldStandard
bearbone11 said:

I feel like the Dauda/Gusters combo could become our next Cox/Brown. Add in Sammie Wagner at the 3 in a couple years it looks like a pretty formidable roster.

Play Maddie at the 2?
BU71
Polarbear said:

Did you catch that she was discussed as 6'6", by her Coach and the reporter? Most prior info has her at 6'4". Growth spurt? Competitive HS propaganda?
My ears perked up when I heard that. If that is accurate she will be an even bigger match-up nightmare for 4s & 5s. She has a combination of height and athleticism that will be hard to deal with. Her coaches comments on her passing skills was good to hear also.
BUatbirth
Play Maddie at the 2?

....or the 3? Just hope Maddie is in the green & gold at any position!
setshot
I am not sure what her wingspan is, but it is formidable. She will play taller than her height, and she may develop skills suitable to play away from the basket along the front line at either forward slot because she already has a sweet stroke all the way out to the arc. It is more a matter of learning to defend out there and that can come in time.

Her statistics will be skewed this year because she will be double and even triple teamed, but that should help her to become an even better passer and facilitator. I think that she may become one of the finest players Baylor has brought in by this staff because she brings length, talent, willingness to learn -- and just a great attitude. She is a much more promising version of Sune Agbuike, one of the greatest of Mulkey/Brock's greatest success stories.

s
Dcheetah
Maryam scored 35 in her playoff win tonight
SirBearALot
Will Jersey Wolfenbarger's high School Northside Grizzlies play Maryam Dauda's high School in the playoffs?
longtimebear
Setshot, I'd say Sophia Young was a pretty good and determined to learn player.
BUatbirth
Dcheetah said:

Would like to see a replay of that game. Impressive to score 35 for any game. Add to that, the opponents focus is stopping Maryam.
setshot
longtime, you are on target again.
Dcheetah
Wish Maryam could join this team early this year like a number have done.
EasyE
Dcheetah said:

Playoffs, in mid January?
Dcheetah
Think you are right and I misread that but she did score 35 in her last game vs Fayetteville.
Dcheetah
Maryam Dauda makes the official McDonald's All American team. Will play for the East. Kendall, Rori, Aaliyah for the West. Way to go Maryam!
Red Bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.