Story Poster
Baylor Women's Basketball

Recap Of Lady Bears Victory Over Iowa State

January 31, 2021

Recapping the Lady Bears victory over Iowa State.

To watch this video, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Recap Of Lady Bears Victory Over Iowa State

2,996 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearFan33
geoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Early in the game the Lady Bears were not as foul disciplined as they were down the final five minute stretch. They took away the official's tendency to call extremely soft fouls against them. The Cyclones' coach was shocked as the fouls began to even out in the second half but unfortunately, the officials were a huge part of the overall game. The Cyclone who fouled out had zero points, so the raw numbers of fouls, 22 - 20, I believe, was not indicative of the disadvantage to the Lady Bears by the uneven officiating, especially in the first half.
BuinmyBlood
Actually it is not accurate to say that Baylor has a 2 game lead on the field. As a matter fact we only have a 1/2 game lead over West Virginia right now since they have the same number of wins as us but one more loss.

We've still got a lot of work to do yet particularly since we have to play Texas twice yet and Iowa State has already played them twice. And West Virginia's been on quite a roll the last 4-5 games so they are not gonna be quite as easy of a win probably as they were when we played them at their place early in the season.

Still I don't think you can overemphasise what a humongous win this was today for the Bears. A loss there would have put us in big bind potentially with those 2 Texas games looming and one more against West Virginia. So there is still that potential for a hiccup along the way in those 3 games.

We do have the inside track right now but it's very very close and too early to call...
Brian Ethridge
Staff
If Baylor remakes the Kansas and Kansas State games it will be.
AirBear
Thanks Brian. I watched the game later saw the game thread.

Why can't they find competent refs for the women's games?

It would be better to go with two good ones as opposed to what they have. Seriously. Take the money for refs and split it two ways and see if that improves who you get.

BearFan33
I got to see most of both games. Our offense was a lot better in the second game. Iowa state has some good players for sure.

Great team win
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.