Where is Smith

1,805 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Leonidas
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This looks like the last minute when we are ahead by a large margin and the bench is empty.
T-REX
chorne68 said:

This looks like the last minute when we are ahead by a large margin and the bench is empty.
she is the one wearing #1 )))
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Eball
She has 10
GarlandBear84
She only played 24 minutes and wasn't in foul trouble. I'm guessing she played less due to the 5-guard lineup played by OU. Queen only played 19 minutes and did pretty well.
Eball
Kim sat her after she picked up her 2nd foul in 1st quarter she came back played I think all second half. Scoring bulk of her points then.
IowaBear
GarlandBear84 said:

She only played 24 minutes and wasn't in foul trouble. I'm guessing she played less due to the 5-guard lineup played by OU. Queen only played 19 minutes and did pretty well.

Queen played pretty well? We must have been watching different games
T-REX
IowaBear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

im with you. I saw it live & in color & queen imo didnt have a good game
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Dcheetah
Blueeyedbear mentioned no Owens on the bench today. Anyone know about that?
Polarbear
Jaden was there.
Eball
IowaBear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

She only played 24 minutes and wasn't in foul trouble. I'm guessing she played less due to the 5-guard lineup played by OU. Queen only played 19 minutes and did pretty well. mith played most of the second half.

Queen did play well in the limited minutes (19) she played...she got her 4th foul early in the third quarter came out and the Bears just did not need her down the stretch thank goodness She payed most of the first half and second half....OU has 5 guards so it was going to be a tough match up for Queen...they were zoning so whoever posted low always had help defender coming at them so not a lot of opportunities other than second chance points and shooting the face up jumpers if playing more of a high post....she actually did fairly well on Williams who is not overly tall 6'1" I think but can score inside...queen shut her down and turned her into a jump shooter and for a bit she was shooting it well as she tired her shot stopped falling from outside and we switched over some quicker more guard oriented defenders Richards and Oliver....Queen was not bad just limited.
lawdog1968
Madi Williams took Queen to school today. Was not the guard lineup that troubled Queen. It was Madi and inability to quit fouling.
IowaBear
lawdog1968 said:

Madi Williams took Queen to school today. Was not the guard lineup that troubled Queen. It was Madi and inability to quit fouling.

Bingo!
Eball
Maddie Williams is their best player listed as a guard but scores a lot inside drives and posting up smaller or less physical players. Queens job was shut down drive and not let her post turn her into a jump shooter. Which she did Williams made shots first half missed the second half. I think 1 of Queens foul was a charge 1 was over the back on rebound. She ended game with 4. Queen did what she was asked to do and for a center covering a guard did quite well.
Steve Sadler
Maddie Williams will take any/every player pitted against her to school. If she was with Baylor or W.Va she would be B12 POY--with all due respect to Nalyssa.

Practically unguardable.
Heart
Yes, very impressed by Madi
highplains
Baylor used several players against Williams and none of them had much success. Egbo played only 19 minutes. Williams played all 40, so she schooled several.
Task Force 2015
I wondered if Williams was a diamond in the rough.I looked her up and learned that she played in the 2018 McDonalds all American game.Robertson was nominated.During the game I thought Robertson dribbled too much and had great difficulty getting off a shot.Thanks Didi and others.If I were coaching OU,Madi would have gotten more touches earlier in the clock.
whitetrash
Williams yesterday:

1Q: 3-4, 6 points, 2 turnovers
2Q: 5-6, 10 points, 1 turnover
3Q: 2-6, 1-3 FT, 5 points, 1 turnover
4Q: 0-4, 0 points
Leonidas
whitetrash said:

Williams yesterday:

1Q: 3-4, 6 points, 2 turnovers
2Q: 5-6, 10 points, 1 turnover
3Q: 2-6, 1-3 FT, 5 points, 1 turnover
4Q: 0-4, 0 points
Playing 40 minutes (as both Williams and Robertson did for OU) can do that to 4th quarter shooting %. Moon played 40 minutes for us and was 0-2 on the 4th quarter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.