#8 UCLA Goes Down

1,435 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GarlandBear84
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
71-64 to now 8-6 Oregon State.
GarlandBear84
I saw the last five minutes. We better jump UCLA in the polls. I'm curious why Oregon State has fallen off compared to how great they were when they beat us. The same coach is there.
Eball
Excellent day for lady bears. Once again you can look at game today as we did not play well or you can say we took care of business on road against an inspired performance from an OU team with some big time talent. While others ranked ahead of us stumbled. I am liking us more and more.
Scout Bear
We had better cut down on the turnovers before it bites us in the rear. Today we were our own worst enemy.
Old300Bear
We didn't practice this week, makes a difference.
Fred Barber
IowaBear
Turnovers have been an issue all season not just today
BuinmyBlood
Old300Bear said:

We didn't practice this week, makes a difference.
Hadn't heard this. Due to weather? Or something else?
Task Force 2015
My recollection from an article in the Trib.is that we had to take 1 day off per NCAA rules and then took one more day due to the weather.Does anyone know for sure?
fredbear
Louie loses to unranked flst, and they will still be 1 seed.
GarlandBear84
I heard Mulkey say we were only able to practice one time all week due to weather.
willtalk
GarlandBear84 said:

I saw the last five minutes. We better jump UCLA in the polls. I'm curious why Oregon State has fallen off compared to how great they were when they beat us. The same coach is there.
It was a series of events that created the fall off. Oregon St has always relied on defense, ball movement and outside 3pt shooting. Destiney Slocum was a major factor in the decline based purely on they type of player she is. Her first elegable preseason was spent incorerating her offensive talents into the offense. The time spent on that detracted from focus on the defense. Their defense really suffered. Slocum and Pivec are both on ball players and between the two of them the dominated the ball taking other players out of the offense. Separate they would not be a problem but together on the floor they dominated the ball. In both the last two seasons Oregon St under acheived.

Now this season Slocum surprised the coach by transfering to Arkansas. That meant the offense would again have to adjust and that was difficult being that the had so many new players to incorporate.The game before the UCLA game was the first game all season that they played good defense. They also broke out of teir outsiide shooting slump and were strengthened by the early addition of high school Sr. Pg who is taylor made for the Oregon St system. They are just now beginning to play like the were projected to preseason. They also have only just played 13 games having twice been shut down for covid the last time for a combined 29 days due to other teams also postponing games. In their last 6 games they are 5-1.
GarlandBear84
Thanks! I rarely watch any WBB games outside the B12.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.