What's a sports photo you'll remember forever?

5,484 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bone Squad
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pecos 45 said:

My brother and I just after Baylor capped off its 21-point comeback against TCU. We were in the end zone seats, and the entire 4th quarter took place in front of us.
I was getting up to go to the car with 6 minutes left, and he said, "No, if the Bears come back I want to be here."
Reluctantly sat down and witnessed the greatest comeback I've ever seen. I get chills just typing this.

He passed away suddenly last April, so that makes this photo ever that much more special.
Two Baylor siblings, at what could arguably be called the Game of the Century.
I still miss the guy, but I'm glad we had so many good times at Baylor games.

I was in section 219 for that one. I knew going in that it was going to be special because of the ranking but I had no idea how special. Still the best game I have ever seen & I have been to very game Baylor has played in McLane Stadium.

Thanks for sharing those special memories. It was important to most of us but we cannot compare.
Steve Sadler
There's another photo of the 2005 WS team that was snapped by a fan and later enlarged and hung in the baseball office suite--Smitty particularly like it. It was taken at Baylor Ballpark during 2005 season.

The team gathered, kneeling in short left field for pregame prayer.

Pretty impressive. (I gotta find my boxes of photos stored last year after I retired/moved out of my Tidwell office.)
ABC BEAR
Pecos 45 said:

My brother and I just after Baylor capped off its 21-point comeback against TCU. We were in the end zone seats, and the entire 4th quarter took place in front of us.
I was getting up to go to the car with 6 minutes left, and he said, "No, if the Bears come back I want to be here."
Reluctantly sat down and witnessed the greatest comeback I've ever seen. I get chills just typing this.

He passed away suddenly last April, so that makes this photo ever that much more special.
Two Baylor siblings, at what could arguably be called the Game of the Century.
I still miss the guy, but I'm glad we had so many good times at Baylor games.

A photo worth framing to go along with many great memories. March forever down the years.
slimecap
2 of my favorite Baylor women's basketball photos

bugwub78
Love these!!
Chibears2

This is actually my second or third favorite, but haven't found a copy online yet of the one I want to post. Had pinned on my bulletin board, a couple of shots from the Indy Star of players from the 2005 team hugging after the championship game with the confetti falling around them. One of them had a young, healthy Chemeka Scott in it, in joyful embrace with a teammate. THAT is my favorite...
Mulder
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Nguyen One Soon
SSadler1 said:

BUBBFAN said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

SSadler1 said:

2005 Baylor Baseball dogpile at Baylor Ballpark after winning the Super Regional to advance to Omaha/College World Series. Josh Ford, Ryan LaMotta, et al.
Was there, and it was hot. It really surprised me that most CWS day games were even hotter.
I was in Omaha for those games. Hot as I have ever been.
You musta been one of those BU faithful stuck in left field bleachers. Brutal full sun in your face all game.

Fortunately I had managed 3b line seats that were tolerable.
The worst was sitting just in front of the 'suites' behind first base and down the line. Sun reflected off them and magnified the heat. Every time the drink vendor came by, I bought a water and got several ice cubes in my cap. The cap promptly went back on my head to keep it from boiling.
gobears20
Staff
Had to resize these because they are huge but I took these back in the day and what a day it was. I remember leaving work for this one!

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
historian
Thanks for sharing some great pics.
BiPolarBear
curtpenn
1974 Miracle on the Brazos.

https://wacotrib.com/sports/college/baylor/trib-classic-miraculous-bruins-stampede-steers-baylor-beats-texas-nov-9-1974/article_e28aff65-ad6f-5269-8b4d-d15dcbd732a9.html
Bone Squad
Bone Squad
One thing I've never been able to find again was the clip of Chameka throwing the ball into the rafters at the final buzzer.
slimecap

2021 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP
"The feeling of success is a special one.
And this feeling becomes magical
when you achieve success against all odds in life."

- Avijeet Das
highplains
Old FCS (still Baylor Stadium to me), BU 45 OU 38, still get a little teary about the photo, and at times, the game.
REvansBU71
whitetrash said:

gold rewards said:

Whitetrash posted mine.

And, if someone can find it, Walter Abercrombie diving over the offensive and defensive lines into the end zone. I think there is one where he is diving over but doesn't have the ball and Jay Jeffrey (?) ran it around end for a touchdown. Entire defense focused on Abercrombie.
1980 Arkansas game. ABC was televising it, focused on Walter's leap and replayed it a couple of times before they realized Jay had kept it and walked in around left end.

I was there. The leap was in the North Endzone. Lou Holtz must have walked 5 miles that day.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Pecos 45
REvansBU71 said:

whitetrash said:

gold rewards said:

Whitetrash posted mine.

And, if someone can find it, Walter Abercrombie diving over the offensive and defensive lines into the end zone. I think there is one where he is diving over but doesn't have the ball and Jay Jeffrey (?) ran it around end for a touchdown. Entire defense focused on Abercrombie.
1980 Arkansas game. ABC was televising it, focused on Walter's leap and replayed it a couple of times before they realized Jay had kept it and walked in around left end.

I was there. The leap was in the North Endzone. Lou Holtz must have walked 5 miles that day.
I was there for the 1982 Arkansas game.
Alfred Anderson was our featured back and Mark Brannon was QB.
Pigs were undefeated and ranked #3 in the nation.
Scored with 1:17 left to win the game, after trailing 17-7 at halftime.
I have a commemorative DP cup they were giving with any purchase of a DP.
Will have to get a photo of it, because I have no pics from that day. (Wish I did.)
Reason I remember that game so vividly is because my first wife and I got into a big fight during the game and she went and sat in the car the entire second half.
She filed for divorce two weeks later.

It was all for the best.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
gold rewards
Bone Squad, what is the picture of Mulkey pounding her fist dressed in Black and White? Love that photo, just can't remember the situation.
Mulder
historian
Great photo
Mulder
Mulder
Melissa Jones was a real gamer.
Too bad the eye injury kept her out of the next level.
Baylorkid
https://fb.watch/45vviN-8Ba/
slimecap

I miss Kristy Wallace

& jwal
Bone Squad
gold rewards said:

Bone Squad, what is the picture of Mulkey pounding her fist dressed in Black and White? Love that photo, just can't remember the situation.
It's from the 2005 championship season. I think this was them punching their way to their first Final Four, but I'm not completely sure about that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.