Kansas St.

2,271 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by blueeyedbear
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bu by 16. We play better than before, frustrating their big (Lee).
geewago
Watch out now! KST has won 2 of their last 4 games. They are in a major tussle to move up in the standings and finish 9th.
historian
Mulder
Hopefully Hannah Gusters will get an opportunity to go mano e mano against Big'un on the low block.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
BUatbirth
Task Force 2015
We haven't lost to KSU since 2004.The Lady Wildcats were loaded then including Ohlde(first round pick)Wecker(first round pick in 2005),Mahoney(3rd round pick)and Koehn(3 point shot conference leader).We were on the cusp of greatness.Sophia was a sophomore and Stephanie was a junior.Those were terrific games.You may recall that we finished the next season with a win in Indy.
Polarbear
My wife graduated from Kansas State, so I'm writing this post under duress.

Bill Parcells famously said you are what your record says you are. However, I humbly submit that the K-State team we will face tomorrow is not what their 2-12 conference record says they are.

They were ranked 4th in the Big 12 preseason coaches' poll. They had a 3 week layoff in January due to Covid, and then jumped immediately into conference play and struggled. If they had been practicing and playing consistently in January, they almost certainly would have won more games along the way. Their 2 wins came in the last 4 games as they're playing into game shape and gaining chemistry, and they haven't had any blowouts; we were the only team to beat them by more than 10 points, so they've been competitive in every game. Ayoka Lee is perhaps the best low post scoring threat in the conference, and Christiana Carr and Rachel Ranke are both excellent complements, both 6'1" and capable of stretching to the 3 point line. If Carr and Ranke have good shooting days, and Queen gets in foul trouble trying to guard Lee, we could be in for a dogfight. Keep in mind we were not sharp in Manhattan 3 weeks ago in our 64-52 win, and Carr did not play in that game.

I still expect the Lady Bears to win the game tomorrow, and expect the confetti to rain down in celebration of a Big 12 co-championship, but this game isn't the laydown that K-State's 2-12 record suggests.
beardoc
They have led late in several games, but couldn't finish,
Task Force 2015
Polar bear. Do you think that KSU athletes may be distracted by the bright lights and intoxicating nightlife in the little apple?That could explain the lack of success.
Polarbear
Good point.
Although ....... we're in Waco, so ........ glass houses and all.
fredbear
K St. has good athletes and a great post. I was not disparaging them. Just think we will handle the post better second time around.
txrangers
Scrappy team who plays hard. I think they are well coached, just not enough talent to win against us. They are better I think than TCU, Tech and KU.
DanaDane
Is this thread real? Has K State suddenly become UConn?

It's a last place team in the conference playing on the road against a home team that loses once every 7 or so years and has averaged 20+ point wins in every home game this year. There's a higher probability of us winning by 40 than K State winning. We were basically sleepwalking in Manhattan and won by double digits. Some of our fans are confusing the men coming off a 3 week layoff and being rusty against ISU at home. The women aren't coming off COVID and they aren't gonna look rusty. You can sleep well tonight. I promise you.
StatMan
A little too much praise for Kansas State. The Baylor Lady Bears will defeat this opponent for the 36th consecutive time. This has been a lopsided series in favor of the Lady Bears for many years now. It won't chance with Kim Mulkey as head coach.
fredbear
Respect thy opponent, especially when she is 6'6" and mopped the floor with you last game. I think we will do better against Lee, but I respect her ability.
fredbear
Pride goes before....

Kim will not have the pride, however, and will both acknowledge and respect the strengths of KSU
DanaDane
85-49 FINAL

Please. Just stop posting silly stuff.
txrangers
There would never be upsets if players read threads like this. Lol
DanaDane
And before anyone in the thread gets their undies in a wad, I'm just messing with ya. All of us are Lady Bear fans. I was just having fun with the fact it was reasonably predictable that we would win handily.
historian
I kept waiting for our lead to get to 40. It never happened, but we were pretty close much of the second half.
blueeyedbear
Two games in a row now where 3 Ball % is above 40.0%. Well looks like the pipe dream I predicted several months ago is becoming a reality not a pipedream.
Free throw % trending upwards as well....all good signs that this team is jelling and peaking at the right time.
Keep it going ladies and staff !!
bawitdaball
historian said:

I kept waiting for our lead to get to 40. It never happened, but we were pretty close much of the second half.

Bench cleared and Mulkey had no intention of changing that.
historian
Yep. And it was the right thing to do. A 35 point win was more than enough.
ChapBear
I don't believe that our NC teams ever put down much better beat downs than this year's team. This team could go further than we thought earlier in the year. We play great defense and we have great offensive balance with the development of Queen. We can even get better.
Lone Star
Queen's best game of the year by far. If she can play this way consistently, this team has a very good shot at getting to the FF.
historian
Watching Queen play the way she did & without foul trouble was a beautiful thing!
blueeyedbear
historian said:

Watching Queen play the way she did& without foul troublewas a beautiful thing!
Yes, I will give her the credit she is do for her play the last couple of games. The light has always been on....now its starting to look like someone is actually home.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.