Story Poster
Baylor Women's Basketball

Coaching Hot Board: Work begins to find Baylor's next women's basketball coach

April 25, 2021

On Sunday afternoon new broke that long-time Baylor women’s basketball head coach Kim Mulkey would be leaving the program and returning the Louisiana to take over at LSU in the SEC.

What next for Baylor? With Mack Rhoades having one of the largest budgets for women’s basketball in the country and a new arena on the horizon, the list of names interested is strong.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Coaching Hot Board: Work begins to find Baylor's next women's basketball coach

18,682 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuttoBear
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Sandy Brondello being considered? Would Coach Tang have any interest?
Sicem26
I think a lot of it has to do with the New Arena and being off campus which is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB... I with her the best and hate to see it happen but all good things must end. Now go out and get the best Coach possible, it's a premier job not a rebuild. Higher the best and keep it all on campus.
Born_A_Bear
How is this a premier job?
HuttoBear
Barbara Key reminded what Mulkey's comment was when A&M left the conference: "in general she likened A&M to a bad ex spouse". She was angry with their departure. And now... It took her 21 years to show her true colors. I feels so bad for the players who came here just because they wanted to play for her. You can't convince me she has thoughts of leaving a month ago. Of course it was not about money but her ego...imo. Reminds me of that coach who quit about a year and a half ago to go pro.....what was his name again.
HuttoBear
Who is the coach at Michigan? Mulkey had good words for her after the game.
Dcheetah
Barnes Arico I think
Dcheetah
Dp
BleedGreen&Gold
HuttoBear said:

Barbara Key reminded what Mulkey's comment was when A&M left the conference: "in general she likened A&M to a bad ex spouse". She was angry with their departure. And now... It took her 21 years to show her true colors. I feels so bad for the players who came here just because they wanted to play for her. You can convince me she has thoughts of leaving a month ago. Of course it was not about money but her ego...imo. Reminds me of that coach who quit about a year and a half ago to go pro.....what was his name again.
The trouble has been brewing since Mack Rhoades rode into town and didn't have the skillset to manage his relationship with a strong-minded HOF coach. Rhoades screwed this up not Mulkey. She left on principle.
Adriacus Peratuun
BleedGreen&Gold said:

The trouble has been brewing since Mack Rhoades rode into town and didn't have the skillset to manage his relationship with a strong-minded HOF coach. Rhoades screwed this up not Mulkey. She left on principle.
The word you were looking for is "principal" not "principle".

And this situation has been growing since 2005 and growing at an alarming rate since 2012. The plane may have hit the ground today but it has been in a nosedive for almost a decade.
BleedGreen&Gold
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BleedGreen&Gold said:

And this situation has been growing since 2005 and growing at an alarming rate since 2012. The plane may have hit the ground today but it has been in a nosedive for almost a decade.
No, the word I was looking for was indeed principle, not principal. I guess you are that jerk that corrects people typos...how about make sure you're correct next time?
Adriacus Peratuun
BleedGreen&Gold said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

BleedGreen&Gold said:

No, the word I was looking for was indeed principle, not principal. I guess you are that jerk that corrects people typos...how about make sure you're correct next time?
Let me explain the joke for you.....Mulkey's choice wasn't because she was aggrieved [principle]. It was because everything in her world starts and ends with What does Mulkey want. Hence.....the joke about principal.

lookin4awin
Quite a nosedive when we were the reigning national champions until a month ago....and we had a nose dive to a one point loss in the E8. Many may think the AD who came much later than Mulkey has been on a nose dive in developing a relationship with her.
Aliceinbubbleland
HuttoBear said:

Barbara Key reminded what Mulkey's comment was when A&M left the conference: "in general she likened A&M to a bad ex spouse". She was angry with their departure. And now... It took her 21 years to show her true colors. I feels so bad for the players who came here just because they wanted to play for her. You can convince me she has thoughts of leaving a month ago. Of course it was not about money but her ego...imo. Reminds me of that coach who quit about a year and a half ago to go pro.....what was his name again.
Our fan base is so full of losers like you. Grow a pair for gods sake.
BluesBear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BleedGreen&Gold said:

NO they had it right.....principle is reference to a belief....
bawitdaball
HuttoBear said:

Who is the coach at Michigan? Mulkey had good words for her after the game.

She had kind words for Michigan and gave a lot of credit to their assistant, Wilson, who used to be on Mulkey's staff. Wilson has sense been hired as the head coach at SMU.
Adriacus Peratuun
TrustTheProcess said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

BleedGreen&Gold said:

And to explain it again.....Mulkey's situation wasn't about principle [being wronged], it was about about principal [her need to be the primary focus of all things]. Jokes are more enjoyable if you get them.

g.forth2020
What a wonderful ride it has been! I wish we still had our coach, but we don't. I have enjoyed watching WBB for years now and will continue. I sincerely hope the team will stay together for the upcoming season. We need a coach with the same fierce competitiveness as Mulkey. Sic em bears.
BleedGreen&Gold
Adriacus Peratuun said:

TrustTheProcess said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

BleedGreen&Gold said:

And to explain it again.....Mulkey's situation wasn't about principle [being wronged], it was about about principal [her need to be the primary focus of all things]. Jokes are more enjoyable if you get them.

Adriacus, actually jokes are more enjoyable if you know how to tell them. You've now had to explain your "joke" twice. Take the loss and move on.
jdkingbear
It's sad ... and devastating to the young women on our team and the new recruits and the grad transfer she just got from Alabama. You watch, Baylor's women's team will be gutted by this. What should have been a reload will become a rebuild. For what? A new arena? Having lived in Louisiana and very familiar with LSU sports ... she better deliver NEXT YEAR ... that I can tell you. Big mistake, Kim.
jdkingbear
HuttoBear
And the principle she left on was--please elaborate.
HuttoBear
Well here ya go per the Baton Rogue newspaper:

Rabalais: Why is Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor for LSU? Louisiana is where her heart is
Jacques Strap
lookin4awin said:

Quite a nosedive when we were the reigning national champions until a month ago....and we had a nose dive to a one point loss in the E8. Many may think the AD who came much later than Mulkey has been on a nose dive in developing a relationship with her.

CKM got along with ADs until the current one came along.
Adriacus Peratuun
Jacques Strap said:

CKM got along with ADs until the current one came along.
Tom Stanton & Canadian Ian........not exactly the pinnacle of professional leadership.
HuttoBear
Press conference@ 5pm

LSUsports.net

There will be two choices on the main page to watch,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.