Anyone still mad at Mack?

5,659 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by br53
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you listen to Drake Toll's interview of Kramer Robertson today and are still mad at Mack, you're barking up the wrong tree.
PartyBear
Care to go into detail?
Goldigger
GarlandBear84 said:

If you listen to Drake Toll's interview of Kramer Robertson today and are still mad at Mack, you're barking up the wrong tree.
Stop being sensible. It does not work here.
Malbec
GarlandBear84 said:

Everybody here needs to listen to it.
baylor1984
Great interview by Drake. Total class act by Krammer unlike some of our Jack Ass Fans.
Ewalker80
I don't know anything about the mulkey situation that isn't public, which really isn't much, but as someone that listens to Mack every week on his very transparent interview with smoaky it is going to take a heck of a lot to convince me he isn't a person of incredible talent and work ethic and personal faith who is working in good faith for the best interests of Baylor. If you want to get a sense for what he is like I would commend those weekly interviews to you if you don't already listen.

I also thought he absolutely nailed the Matt rhule and aranda hires, not to mention keeping Joey and landing grimes. He just oversaw the biggest sports accomplishment in Baylor's 170 year history by a country mile while going into the bubble with the team.

He's about to sign drew to a long term contract and build us a new basketball stadium, so I'm the exact opposite of mad at him. Unless there is some secret scandal of which I have never seen one shred of evidence we should be nothing but extremely grateful for him. Sic 'em Mack.
BearnMI
Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

I listened to the message from Kramer. Still, as an executive, one of my key jobs is to retain my best talent. Even if I have so called strained relationships. As an AD, your coaches are the key leaders to deliver wins. Mack dropped the ball on high-performing talent retention or he let his ego get in the way. I think it was both.

Nevertheless, KM gets to coach LSU and stick it one more time to LaTech and Baylor(Mack).
No Longer Gold
3-5 marginal years, then retire in silence compared to 3-5 great years with a potential natty or 2, then retire an absolute legend

Kim is the one that screwed up, and I'm guessing it's her ego that put her in her current position.

Hurt BU's banner manufacturing company, but hurt her legacy more.

BU will be fine.

BU had to deal with this at some point anyway, this made it quicker, cleaner, easier, and cheaper than having to force a retirement.

Bobby Mulkey should be her new moniker.
guadalupeoso
GarlandBear84 said:

Didn't listen to the interview. Can anyone share any details of what was said?
Double D
BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

I listened to the message from Kramer. Still, as an executive, one of my key jobs is to retain my best talent. Even if I have so called strained relationships. As an AD, your coaches are the key leaders to deliver wins. Mack dropped the ball on high-performing talent retention or he let his ego get in the way. I think it was both.

Nevertheless, KM gets to coach LSU and stick it one more time to LaTech and Baylor(Mack).
How do you listen to it?I would really like to hear it.
No Longer Gold
Swart Dra said:

3-5 marginal years, then retire in silence compared to 3-5 great years with a potential natty or 2, then retire an absolute legend

Kim is the one that screwed up, and I'm guessing it's her ego that put her in her current position.

Hurt BU's banner manufacturing company, but hurt her legacy more.

BU will be fine.

BU had to deal with this at some point anyway, this made it quicker, cleaner, easier, and cheaper than having to force a retirement.

Bobby Mulkey should be her new moniker.
Gunny Hartman
BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

So as example, you oversee a team of high performing talents (let's say, where 17 out of the 18 of them are in the top 25 nationally of their profession), and one of your top performers is continually bringing strife into your team, and then that top performer shows up in your office one day with an offer from another company and says that either you acquiesce to some of their demands (which aren't in the best interests of the organization), or they will take the other job, and you cave just so you can keep them?

Then I'd suggest that you're not a very good manager.
Malbec
BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Don't think we listened to the same interview.
T4E
Louisiana Tech plays no part with Kim Mulkey now. That was a generation ago. No one is there that played any part of that decision and I would venture to guess that a lot of people in Louisiana only associate Kim with Baylor.
BearnMI
Gunny Hartman said:

BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

So as example, you oversee a team of high performing talents (let's say, where 17 out of the 18 of them are in the top 25 nationally of their profession), and one of your top performers is continually bringing strife into your team, and then that top performer shows up in your office one day with an offer from another company and says that either you acquiesce to some of their demands (which aren't in the best interests of the organization), or they will take the other job, and you cave just so you can keep them?

You are right, a very good leader would make it an everyday act of doing the things to know your people and constantly work at retaining your talent. Waiting until the there are demands is waiting far too late.
ScottS
I am mad as hell
Gunny Hartman
BearnMI said:

Gunny Hartman said:

BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

You are right, a very good leader would make it an everyday act of doing the things to know your people and constantly work at retaining your talent. Waiting until the there are demands is waiting far too late.

So where is your company located? Fantasyland?
baylor1984
BearnMI said:

Gunny Hartman said:

BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

If it was just a little bump in money to match LSU then I would have done that but the whole arena issue and court naming issue is another thing. Baylor/Admin/Mack/Donor have to do what they think is best long term for the arena placement and unfortunately it wasn't where Kim wanted it. The whole court naming issue shouldn't even have a discussion for any coach until they are retired and out of coaching. If those 2 were the issue and were non negotiable with Kim then you tell her thank you for your time here at Baylor and all you have accomplished and good luck at LSU. It's pretty much what Baylor/Mack did and no one should fault him and the administration for that.
br53
ScottS said:

I am mad as hell
Take some Vicodin and three shots of whiskey.
drahthaar
BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Don't forget to factor in the real, hard fact that sometimes the personnel cost is not offset by the benefits, no matter how valuable those benefits may be.
chorne68
I have moved on. I loved Kim and wish her well. It is a wait and see on Mack to see what he does in hiring a replacement.
Stranger
I've never been mad at Mac. I just think he's a dumbass.
I'm a Bearbacker
Gunny Hartman
Stranger said:

Considering the source, I view that as a ringing endorsement
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Double D said:

BearnMI said:

Malbec said:

GarlandBear84 said:

How do you listen to it?I would really like to hear it.
Free YouTube, subscribe while you're there

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wLgaM_2UNaCKUPGOTUjaw

Stranger
Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

It's ok. He'll prove me right once again
I'm a Bearbacker
BaylorRocks
GarlandBear84 said:

Who gives a crap what Kramer Robertson has to say? He's irrelevant.

So, he prepped, read prepared answers, and got across the main messages that he was told to get across. Good for him. He didn't just rouge onto that radio station call without having to get it blessed by others, all questions up front, and professionals review, approve, and script his messages (answers) back.

Mack is a problem. You'll believe it too one day........

Sic'em
ScottS
I wish Chip and Joanna would have stepped in and stopped all this.
Gunny Hartman
Stranger said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

You are wrong about literally every single thing you post. You also used to say Scott Drew is dumb. Knowing you, you probably still think that. To this day, you criticize Mack for hiring Matt Rhule, despite the fact that he took a devastated and depleted roster, and in only three short years turned them into a Sugar Bowl team that was one overtime possession away from selection to the College Football Playoffs.

I have to be honest, it's kind of impressive how consistently utterly wrong you are. I don't think I could be so predictably wrong if I tried. Reading your posts, it's like every day is Opposite Day where the correct assessment is the exact opposite of what you post.
Gunny Hartman
ScottS said:

You want wealthy boosters making critical decisions for the university, rather than the highly paid professionals?

I can see why, that's always worked out so well in the past.
ScottS
Gunny Hartman said:

ScottS said:

You want wealthy boosters making critical decisions for the university, rather than the highly paid professionals?

If it had kept a coach that wins 93% of the time....
br53
ScottS said:

Gunny Hartman said:

ScottS said:

If it had kept a coach that wins 93% of the time....

Some people don't want to be kept!
Lion82
Ultimately this will be decided on the court. LSU will either get better or worse under kim and we will see how baylor does without her. Let's see what kind I feel arhonaknbrad baylor is without kim.
WNIT in '23
Stranger
Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Stranger said:

You are wrong about literally every single thing you post. You also used to say Scott Drew is dumb. Knowing you, you probably still think that. To this day, you criticize Mack for hiring Matt Rhule, despite the fact that he took a devastated and depleted roster, and in only three short years turned them into a Sugar Bowl team that was one overtime possession away from selection to the College Football Playoffs.

I have to be honest, it's kind of impressive how consistently utterly wrong you are. I don't think I could be so predictably wrong if I tried. Reading your posts, it's like every day is Opposite Day where the correct assessment is the exact opposite of what you post.

When did I say Scott was dumb?
Rhule? 1-11 with a team that won a bowl game less than a year before.
Rhule? Paying him a $400,000 bonus following that 1-11 season. Dumb.
Second season only one win against a team with a winning record. Rhule flirts with the NFL. Mack offers another raise. Dumb.
Rhule. Blows nearly a 30-pt halftime lead against OU before losing. Mac allows his super coach to bolt for the NFL and leaves his players high and dry before the Sugar Bowl. Was Mack looking out for Baylor? You tell me. Once again, dumb.
Hires a position coach from LSU who takes a Sugar Bowl team to a losing record. Dumb? Too soon to tell.
Allows Kim to leave. Dumb.
Can anyone tell me if he actually makes a smart hire this time? His track record says no but maybe he pulls this one out.

I'd say history is on my side on this one. We'll see.
I'm a Bearbacker
BUGWBBear
ScottS said:

Not enough shiplap in the world for that.
TenBears
I never understood why this has to be a "pick a side" thing. It was clearly a relationship that had run its course.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.