Does anyone know if McKenzie is Staying at Baylor

3,961 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by T4E
joe2021
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kramer said he considers himself a Texan now and Waco his home. I wonder if McKinzie feels the same way?
Bexar Pitts
Listen to Kim about the 1.55 mark in this interview...Anybody got an interpretation of Makenzie's status from Kim's answer?
T4E
I think it will depend on if Baylor keeps her. Is that a coach's decision on Makenzie's job? If she's let go I'm inclined to think she will go to LSU. Her husband is in real estate I believe. He can find a job easily I that field.
DanaDane
Contract gave $80,000 for "personal travel expenses".

Sounds like her daughter and grandkids can stay in Waco, and she can visit pretty much anytime.
T4E
I don't see Kim leaving her grandchild (and the one on the way) in Waco where she could have access to them daily. I think after Makenzie gives birth in June they make the move. Kim did say in the interview that Makenzie doesn't know much about LSU. Why would she mention that if she was not coming.
Bexar Pitts
DanaDane said:

Contract gave $80,000 for "personal travel expenses".

Sounds like her daughter and grandkids can stay in Waco, and she can visit pretty much anytime.
I feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film of Dealy Plaza, but is the picture very briefly shown at about the 2:23 mark a view of her "current" LSU staff ?
historian
It seems unlike the new coach would want the daughter of the previous coach, a legend, on staff for long.
Bexar Pitts
historian said:

It seems unlike the new coach would want the daughter of the previous coach, a legend, on staff for long.
Now that the new Coach has been named, the puzzle should come together fairly quickly.
bawitdaball
I believe she is transitioning into a full time mother role while Clay continued to work. It is my understanding that they are staying because Waco is home, but I don't think she's ever had long term aspirations to coach.
Bear-Runner
historian said:

Well that's the thing. You retain coaches that provide insight and can help the team. Not sure what Mackenzie's role was but I think they have enough cheerleaders and motivational personnel on the bench already.
historian
That's my thinking too. I don't know if I've ever seen a detailed description of her job. But I'm pretty sure I've never heard her described as essential like Sytia or others. Nothing against Mackenzie; I was glad to have her on board & would be ok with her remaining on staff. I'm just trying to be realistic.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Mackenzie and Clay are staying in Waco. That's why Kim won't coach the full eight years in BR. She'll try and make a run with what she has + 3 recruiting classes and she'll probably retire in 5 years.
ScottS
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Mackenzie and Clay are staying in Waco. That's why Kim won't coach the full eight years in BR. She'll try and make a run with what she has + 3 recruiting classes and she'll probably retire in 5 years.

Long enough to get the pension
T4E
I'm sure Kim had a hand in the 8 year deal. That would put her at 67. Probably the perfect retirement age for her considering Genoa's age. I think besides national championships she's working on the record wins to seal her deal in the record books.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.