Alabama transfer Jordan Lewis and other Baylor's reactions

5,397 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boognish_bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
GarlandBear84
NaLyssa and Queen Tweeted to indicate they're staying.
GarlandBear84
Bexar Pitts
SIC 'EM BEARS!!!!! We've got ourselves a new HC..and she knows full well the challenges ahead of her. As a Baylor fan, I intend to give her and the team my full support...and let her do the job that she was hired to do...with nothing but visions of another National Championship dancing in my head! Welcome to Baylor, Coach Collen!!
SSadler
Mature, classy, helpful.

thanks to Nalyssa.
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
GarlandBear84
Caitlyn Bickle retweeted the Lady Bears account announcement of the new coach.
EvilTroyAndAbed
It's amazing that we are getting positive reaction from players so far with our best players staying, but this thread is stagnant while the one criticizing the hire is blowing up.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BUbackerinET
I'm one of those on the other thread, and while this wasn't the direction I wanted us to go, the fact that the team seems to like it, may make me soften to the idea. I was VERY concerned, until this thread was started, so I'll be the first to bump it up...I'll be so pleased to be wrong about this.
SirBearALot
She is our new coach, if you love Baylor and the Lady Bears, then lets roll with it.. Being familiar with the professional end of Women's Basketball may well attract future High School players who have dreams and ambitions to play pro ball.. She can give advice from her rich background and exposure in college and professional basketball.
PaulW74
Have we heard from the other ladies? Moon? Gusters? Andrews? Next year's class? I was expecting a higher profile hire but if the players can find reasons to support her, I'm all in.
Edmund Bearke
Uh ... Gusters announced she was transferring to LSU a couple of days ago.
BUbackerinET
Gusters is already gone to LSU, think Moon is headed that way too, but I have not seen confirmation of that or Andrews or any of the others, and no additional decommits that I have seen or heard of, time will tell
Mulder
Hannah Gusters is history. She's in Louisiana eating boudin with Coach Mulkey.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

SirBearALot
according to a post by KM there is a freeze / pause on recruiting contacts till May 9. So that may keep players from commenting now if they are moving to a new school and could also prohibit Coach Collen from contacting any non roster players ? I can see where Moon might want to transfer back close to her home but she will miss her last chance for another final 4 run !!
bawitdaball
SirBearALot said:

according to a post by KM there is a freeze / pause on recruiting contacts till May 9. So that may keep players from commenting now if they are moving to a new school and could also prohibit Coach Collen from contacting any non roster players ? I can see where Moon might want to transfer back close to her home but she will miss her last chance for another final 4 run !!

I would assume that Moon is moving on. Great four year career. Can't wait to look her up as a doctor one day in the near future

boognish_bear
osoprimo
I believe McKenzie staying in Waco has a thing or two to do with all the playing nice that we're seeing.
boognish_bear
LIB,MR BEARS
bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

I would assume that Moon is moving on. Great four year career. Can't wait to look her up as a doctor one day in the near future

If my plan is to be a doctor, I am more concerned about getting into my first choice of med school and not who will coach me for 1 year.

Now, that's me. Moon may have her choice of med schools and it may not be of any concern to her. She may want a final year of college hoops and want it with the coach she is comfortable with. Either way, more power to her and thanks for all you have done for Baylor WBB!

boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.