Sytia Messer

23,925 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear2019
joe2021
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone heard if she's staying? She's a heck of a recruiter and motivater.
57Bear
Messer to LSU | SicEm365
Goldigger
She's not needed. Collen needs her peeps. A clean break rather than some attempt
To cling to Kim is the best approach.
Saddle Up!
Goldigger said:

She's not needed. Collen needs her peeps. A clean break rather than some attempt
I respectfully disagree. She could have been the Joey McGuire of WBB.
ScottS
Wait, isn't she a good recruiter?
Eball
Goldigger said:

Thanks to the guy who hardly ever posts in the women's forum or keeps up with the program,your unique insight is always appreciated!
robby44
ScottS said:

Great recruiter.
Recruiting coordinator
"Messer has helped bring in the nation's No. 1 signing class twice, for the first time in 2016 and most recently in 2018. She also orchestrated fourth-ranked signing classes in 2017 and 2015 and another Top 10 class with two signees in 2020 at No. 9."
"Messer recruited Kalani Brown a first-round and No. 7 overall draft pick of the Los Angeles Sparks in 2019, and Lauren Cox, who was the nation's No 1 recruit"

As the guards coach at Baylor, since her arrival in 2013, seven Lady Bears guards have been drafted in the WNBA: Odyssey Sims (Tulsa Shock, Rd 1, Pick 2, 2014), Niya Johnson (Atlanta Dream, Rd. 3, Pick 28, 2016), Alexis Jones (Minnesota Lynx, Rd. 1, Pick 12, 2017), Alexis Prince (Phoenix Mercury, Rd. 3, Pick, 29, 2017), Kristy Wallace (Atlanta Dream, Rd. 2, Pick 16, 2018), Chloe Jackson (Chicago Sky, Rd. 2, Pick 15), Te'a Cooper (Phoenix Mercury, Rd. 2, Pick 16) and Juicy Landrum (Connecticut Sun, Rd. 3, Pick 35).
LadyChickBear
I hate it for her and the girls. She is a class act, but wanting the head coach job would make it really hard to be an assistant under someone other than Kim. Hope all works out for her.
DanaDane
Fantastic recruiter and fantastic lady. Spend 5 minutes with her and you understand why she's so good at recruiting. Gonna be really, really difficult to replace so I'm counting on Collen having some really good connections. I really hope Sytia gets a shot at a head job somewhere soon.
baylor1984
If Sytia is 100 percent gone I would think her twitter would have changed and it's still Baylor. I'm not saying she's staying at Baylor but maybe negations are going on.
baylor1984
LadyChickBear said:

I hate it for her and the girls. She is a class act, but wanting the head coach job would make it really hard to be an assistant under someone other than Kim. Hope all works out for her.
A big bump in salary might ease the pain a little.
joseywales
This program is a blue blood and new coach will have no problem recruiting...Baylor is a great school.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Eball said:

Goldigger said:

Thanks to the guy who hardly ever posts in the women's forum or keeps up with the program,your unique insight is always appreciated!

Always love the guy who thinks a free board is their personal chat room and that only people who post here regularly follow the game or are worthy of an opinion.
Lone Star
baylor1984 said:

LadyChickBear said:

A big bump in salary might ease the pain a little.
Don't know why everyone always thinks the answer to the problem is to just keep throwing money at it as a solution....guess that's the American Way.

Sytia will stay if: 1) she wants to stay and be a part of the program and, 2) if the new coach wants to keep her on staff.

IF that occurs, then I am sure she will be financially rewarded.

Also, I am sure that she sees Toyelle Wilson getting a HC job at SMU and feels she is ready for the same. I can't say I would disagree with her.
TxRainMkr
Joey wanted the head job but he stayed under Aranda. You always need an ace recruiter.
baylor1984
As of 2pm on the 6th her twitter still says Baylor. Very interesting.
ScottS
Maybe Mack and KM are battling to get Sytia.
blackie
ScottS said:

LSU may have run out of money....spending it all on Mulkey. :-)
Bexar Pitts
blackie said:

ScottS said:

Maybe the players will help to convince her that she should stay at least until a HC job opens up in another P-5 location ?
baylor1984
If everything is all relatively the same and Collen wants you why wouldn't you stay until a P-5 job opened up that you wanted. She's know CNC husband Tom longer than she has known Kim plus she gets to stay here with the girls she has recruited. Seems like a win-win to me if CNC wants her.
robby44
joseywales said:

This program is a blue blood and new coach will have no problem recruiting...Baylor is a great school.

Oh I have no doubt we will recruit well. The question is will the recruiting be of the quality that we had with the previous staff
Bexar Pitts
baylor1984 said:

If everything is all relatively the same and Collen wants you why wouldn't you stay until a P-5 job opened up that you wanted. She's know CNC husband Tom longer than she has known Kim plus she gets to stay here with the girls she has recruited. Seems like a win-win to me if CNC wants her.
I actually thought Sytia would leave for LSU quickly if she wasn't named Baylor's HC. Now, with every passing hour that she remains here, I believe the odds certainly increase that she will stay. Maybe even Brock as well. I surely didn't see that coming, but after seeing and hearing Coach Collen , I'd love for that to happen..I liked her demeanor and sincerity..and the comments from the Baylor WNBA players were well received. Sic 'Em!
baylor1984
Bexar Pitts said:

baylor1984 said:

I actually thought Sytia would leave for LSU quickly if she wasn't named Baylor's HC. Now, with every passing hour that she remains here, I believe the odds certainly increase that she will stay. Maybe even Brock as well. I surely didn't see that coming, but after seeing and hearing Coach Collen , I'd love for that to happen..I liked her demeanor and sincerity..and the comments from the Baylor WNBA players were well received. Sic 'Em!
I agree. The longer that her twitter stays BU Asst. Coach the better it may be for Baylor. I also wouldn't be surprised if the guy 90 miles to the south of us isn't also trying to get her.
ScottS
Time for Mack to roll out the $$$$$ to keep her
Heart
Would love her to stay!!
Bigkahunaww
Well CNC did say she wants someone who knows Texas really well.
Would have to think she fits that very well.
Make her an Assnt head coach and a bump in pay.
Living the American dream in central Texas !
ScottS
SHOW HER THE MONEY
ScottS
content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16203400116611309023499.gif
slimecap
https://instagr.am/p/B6hCytfBVAY
Whether she continues at Baylor ...
or her journey takes her to a new adventure ...
I am a forever fan of Coach Messer
baylor1984
7am Friday May 7th, still Baylor .
historian
ScottS said:

Mulkey often praised Sytia's recruiting talent & it's hard to argue when you look at the talent we had over the years.
historian
blackie said:

ScottS said:

LSU is a large state school, THE state school of Louisiana, they won't run out of money that quickly.
TechDawgMc
historian said:

blackie said:

ScottS said:

LSU is a large state school, THE state school of Louisiana, they won't run out of money that quickly.

The spending has to come from the foundation. They may feel they've spent enough on wbb.
TxRainMkr
Why wouldn't Mike Neighbors want her?
slimecap
TxRainMkr said:

Why wouldn't Mike Neighbors want her?
I believe he would.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.