Sytia Messer

23,931 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear2019
Bear2019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For recruiting, we are in a NCAA "Quiet Period" until midnight, Sunday May 9th. Nobody can talk to recruits, etc. Beginning next week, all things recruiting and transfer portal should be spinning back up. Messer is a recruiting guru. So she's sitting "real" quiet right now. But you will be hearing from her soon. I can promise you that.
slimecap
Currently, Arkansas has 2 assistant coaches
Associate Head Coach Todd Schaefer
Assistant Coach Pauline Love
baylor1984
2:15 Friday May 7, still Baylor on Twitter.
bawitdaball
I have had one, lone conversation with Messer. It was unquestionable great. She is an asset to anywhere she ends up, and any coach would want her. I'm sure Mulkey is playing hard for her - hope she stay in the green and gold, and she will be a top coach someday, but regardless of where she ends up, the team and program will be better for it!
BaylorRocks
Bottom line: She and CKM never really got along. Not a whole lot of people outside of CKM's direct staff knew, but it is true. Messer will end of up on another staff somewhere, and be a huge success there.

Sic'em
SSadler
zunooreo said:

Bottom line: She and CKM never really got along. Not a whole lot of people outside of CKM's direct staff knew, but it is true. Messer will end of up on another staff somewhere, and be a huge success there.

Sic'em
I don't have any information to agree or disagree with the "never got along" part of this. BUT Coach Messer was here for 8 years as a primary recruiter. That's a long time for a recruiting coach to survive on one year renewable contracts if not is all well within the staff.

Seems highly improbable that a head coach and a recruiting coach "didn't get along" without a head coach making a change in her coaching staff.

Mulder
I question if Messer agreed with Coach Mulkey yanking players out of the game after a turnover or because they failed to force the ball into a 2-3 packed in zone.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
historian
IIRC Kim publicly praised her a few times over the years.
Eball
People just making stuff up again.
baylor1984
5/8/21 8:22 pm still Baylor on twitter
Lone Star
TxRainMkr said:

Why wouldn't Mike Neighbors want her?
Are you kidding? That would be a DEMOTION for her. Messer is ready for a HC position at this time.
baylor1984
6:40 pm 5/9/21 still Baylor
historian
Love it!! Please, continue posting these wonderful updates.
baylor1984
2:45 pm 5/10/21 still Baylor
SunshineState
A quick google search shows that Messer was a player at Univ. Arkansas a few years while Tom Collen was still there is an assistant coach of the women's basketball team....
historian
It's quite possible that connection could be one reason for the hire of CNC.
KajunKarlsdad
TechDawgMc said:

historian said:

blackie said:

ScottS said:

Maybe Mack and KM are battling to get Sytia.
LSU may have run out of money....spending it all on Mulkey. :-)

LSU is a large state school, THE state school of Louisiana, they won't run out of money that quickly.

The spending has to come from the foundation. They may feel they've spent enough on wbb.

Lots of foundation members were not happy spending what they did for Kim. They want the money to go to the football program.
Bear2019
KajunKarlsdad said:

TechDawgMc said:

historian said:

blackie said:

ScottS said:

LSU is a large state school, THE state school of Louisiana, they won't run out of money that quickly.

The spending has to come from the foundation. They may feel they've spent enough on wbb.

Lots of foundation members were not happy spending what they did for Kim. They want the money to go to the football program.
In the first 2 weeks, Kim has hauled in 4,000 new LSU WBB ticket sales, all while increasing ticket prices. By first tip-off next fall, she'll have a following that will help the naysayers get over a lot of their issues. By the way...How are our ticket sales going? Anybody heard? I haven't heard a word.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-womens-basketball-Kim-Mulkey-season-tickets-2021-2022-season-165237410/
EvilTroyAndAbed
Caddywampus said:

KajunKarlsdad said:

TechDawgMc said:

historian said:

blackie said:

ScottS said:

In the first 2 weeks, Kim has hauled in 4,000 new LSU WBB ticket sales, all while increasing ticket prices. By first tip-off next fall, she'll have a following that will help the naysayers get over a lot of their issues. By the way...How are our ticket sales going? Anybody heard? I haven't heard a word.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-womens-basketball-Kim-Mulkey-season-tickets-2021-2022-season-165237410/
By all means, if you want to buy LSU WBB season tickets, no one is stopping you.
Bear2019
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Caddywampus said:

KajunKarlsdad said:

TechDawgMc said:

historian said:

blackie said:

ScottS said:

By all means, if you want to buy LSU WBB season tickets, no one is stopping you.
Thank you, but I'll pass. It's a tad far from me. And if it takes much of my time away from Swami's Reef...I'm not usually interested. Maybe we can get into another Holiday Bowl. Now that I would buy tickets for. Can we get Nick Florence back?
blueeyedbear
SSadler said:

zunooreo said:

Sic'em
I don't have any information to agree or disagree with the "never got along" part of this. BUT Coach Messer was here for 8 years as a primary recruiter. That's a long time for a recruiting coach to survive on one year renewable contracts if not is all well within the staff.

Seems highly improbable that a head coach and a recruiting coach "didn't get along" without a head coach making a change in her coaching staff.

No. Its true. Never got to the Mack Rhoades level but it was known to a very few outsiders..
Messer was not on anybody's D1 radar for HC and no one would pay her what Baylor was paying as an assistant so she stayed.
CKM needed her and Messer was professional in how she handled it .......as far as the praise Messer earned as a recruiter...Well CKM is really good at buttering toast.
baylor1984
2:25 pm 5/11/21 still Baylor
TxRainMkr
I wasn't listening. But a friend said Kim Mulkey was on the Matt Mosley Show today, and told Matt that Sytia was going to LSU with her.
baylor1984
TxRainMkr said:

I wasn't listening. But a friend said Kim Mulkey was on the Matt Mosley Show today, and told Matt that Sytia was going to LSU with her.
Kim said on the Mosley show that Sytia has the " opportunity" to be on her staff at LSU. Big difference. Doesn't mean she doesn't end up there but also doesn't mean she does. From her twitter and what Kim just said it seems like Sytia is weighing her options.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
baylor1984 said:

TxRainMkr said:

Kim said on the Mosley show that Sytia has the " opportunity" to be on her staff at LSU. Big difference. Doesn't mean she doesn't end up there but also doesn't mean she does. From her twitter and what Kim just said it seems like Sytia is weighing her options.
Yes, hearing another could have made a great offer to contemplate.
historian
blueeyedbear said:

SSadler said:

zunooreo said:

Sic'em

No. Its true. Never got to the Mack Rhoades level but it was known to a very few outsiders..
Messer was not on anybody's D1 radar for HC and no one would pay her what Baylor was paying as an assistant so she stayed.
CKM needed her and Messer was professional in how she handled it .......as far as the praise Messer earned as a recruiter...Well CKM is really good at buttering toast.

For both Kim & Sytia, the record speaks for itself: Kim is one of the most successful ever & Sytia played s big gold in recruiting the talent that made it possible.
sicem45
Messer is looking for every other option. She did not get along with Kim well but was paid extremely well at Baylor
baylor1984
Brian Ethridge said:

baylor1984 said:

TxRainMkr said:

Yes, hearing another could have made a great offer to contemplate.
I hope we are the " another" offer as Sytia seems like a wonderful person and great recruiter. I say all of that but preface it with if that's what Coach Collen wants. She should have the right and opportunity to fill her staff as she sees fit.
Jacques Strap
sicem45 said:

Messer is looking for every other option. She did not get along with Kim well but was paid extremely well at Baylor

I just hope the other good offer Brian mentioned above is not from UT.
slimecap
Jacques Strap said:

sicem45 said:

I just hope the other good offer Brian mentioned above is not from UT.
Longhorns have not filled the vacancy of Johnnie Harris.
Her official title was Associate Head Coach.
bawitdaball
Do we know if she has interviewed with NC?
WacoKelly83
Mulkey didn't mention Brock? I guess we can assume there is not a place for or Brock doesn't want to move to BR. I have no idea but would like to see him on our staff next year.
Lone Star
WacoKelly83 said:

Mulkey didn't mention Brock? I guess we can assume there is not a place for or Brock doesn't want to move to BR. I have no idea but would like to see him on our staff next year.
Coach Brock is either staying at Baylor or retiring in Waco. He is not going to LSU. He has kids and grandkids that live in Waco.
BaylorRocks
Lone Star said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Coach Brock is either staying at Baylor or retiring in Waco. He is not going to LSU. He has kids and grandkids that live in Waco.
As I've shared previously, it is retirement - 100%

If Bill was going to be on CNC's staff it would have already been announced. Coach Brock is currently helping CNC with a smooth as possible program transition. Then, it is full-time grandkid time for Bill. And well deserved!

Sic'em
Bear2019
baylor1984 said:

5/8/21 8:22 pm still Baylor on twitter
5/20/21 10:12 am. GONE! No longer on twitter.

(As was pre-destined 2 weeks ago by Kim herself, re: numerous interviews)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.