CURRENT ROSTER as of May 4th.

3,523 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SirBearALot
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sarah Andrews #24 G 5' 6" SO

Caitlin Bickle #51 F 6' 0" SR

Chrislyn Carr #32 G 5' 5" JR

Queen Egbo #25 C 6' 3" SR

Kamaria McDaniel #22 G 5' 10" SR

Trinity Oliver #3 G 5' 9" SR

Jaden Owens #10 G 5' 8" SO

NaLyssa Smith #1 F 6' 2" SR

Moon Ursin #12 G 5' 6" SR

Maryam Dauda #? F/C 6' 4" FR

Jordan Lewis #? G 5' 6" SR
baylor1984
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SirBearALot said:

Sarah Andrews #24 G 5' 6" SO

Caitlin Bickle #51 F 6' 0" SR

Chrislyn Carr #32 G 5' 5" JR

Queen Egbo #25 C 6' 3" SR

Kamaria McDaniel #22 G 5' 10" SR

Trinity Oliver #3 G 5' 9" SR

Jaden Owens #10 G 5' 8" SO

NaLyssa Smith #1 F 6' 2" SR

Moon Ursin #12 G 5' 6" SR

Maryam Dauda #? F/C 6' 4" FR

Jordan Lewis #? G 5' 6" SR

Man we are going to need to get some recruits for the 22 class and some transfers. 7 Seniors wow.
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't lose 2-3 of those.
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lose? We might keep them all and pick up more. Let's go! These girls could win it all if they stay together. They are smart enough to see that. Give them credit. We just hired a WNBA style coach. Exciting for them to see a future in WNBA.
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the seniors except Ursin and Lewis still have that fifth year because of covid, no?
Baylorkid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackie said:

I think the seniors except Ursin and Lewis still have that fifth year because of covid, no?

Yes! Bickle has stated on Instagram that she's taking that 5th year so Bickle will be back for an extra year. I doubt smith or Egbo does but we'll see
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smith will go pro, I expect Egbo to stay one more year and develop, she will be the key underneath next year...
Mulder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bickle is a team player who deserve to be in the starting line-up.

An Objective Fan of The Baylor Lady Bears.
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Except reality is 1 maybe 2 will ever be in the WNBA, key is to recruit the parents with a focus on their degree.
Bigkahunaww
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Be nice to pick up a couple ladies with height via the portal.
Living the American dream in central Texas !
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I peeked ( he he ) at the LSU roster and they had 17 listed. Wow !!!
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I peeked ( he he ) at the LSU roster and they had 17 listed. Wow !!!
Lynnp550
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very interesting as to what possible flexibility Kim has in picking up any transfers let alone some of ours....
zunooreo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SirBearALot said:

Sarah Andrews #24 G 5' 6" SO

Caitlin Bickle #51 F 6' 0" SR

Chrislyn Carr #32 G 5' 5" JR

Queen Egbo #25 C 6' 3" SR

Kamaria McDaniel #22 G 5' 10" SR

Trinity Oliver #3 G 5' 9" SR

Jaden Owens #10 G 5' 8" SO

NaLyssa Smith #1 F 6' 2" SR

Moon Ursin #12 G 5' 6" SR

Maryam Dauda #? F/C 6' 4" FR

Jordan Lewis #? G 5' 6" SR
There is only one player on this list that has any shot at a WNBA roster spot. Reality. But, at least it's the same case with every single other NCAA WBB program in the country.

Sic'em
zunooreo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fredbear said:

Lose? We might keep them all and pick up more. Let's go! These girls could win it all if they stay together. They are smart enough to see that. Give them credit. We just hired a WNBA style coach. Exciting for them to see a future in WNBA.
"Could win it all"? Love the green-n-gold specs. But so says 20+ other teams in the country. Everyone is 0-0 right now. So, everyone has an equivalent shot. Reality that must be faced is that this team on paper is not necessarily any better than last year's. In fact, maybe a bit diminished and more unproven due to 2.5 key losses from last year's team, who fell short themselves. A new coaching staff, program, and approach will make it all the more challenging for this roster.

A Sweet 16 appearance would be a HUGE accomplishment for Baylor WBB and CNC her first year. Few first-year HC's have ever done.
Greenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe an equivalent shot, but not an equal shot. Don't downplay our WBB program. We have a much better shot at winning than over 90% of other WBB programs.
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships
They can also decide to not stay in the portal. Don't know when they entered it but I suspect it was before their old coach left.
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships

True, but she typically only filled 12-13 while here and I don't think she ever used all 15.
PaulW74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess I haven't seen the complete list of those we lost. I know Gusters left, but did Jordyn Oliver leave too? She could have gotten a lot of playing time under this new coach.
BaylorTaxman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PaulW74 said:

I guess I haven't seen the complete list of those we lost. I know Gusters left, but did Jordyn Oliver leave too? She could have gotten a lot of playing time under this new coach.
Jordyn transferred to Duke.
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GarlandBear84 said:

ScottS said:

Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships

True, but she typically only filled 12-13 while here and I don't think she ever used all 15.
Because a former AD allowed her to transfer some of the $$$ saved from the unused scholarships to the WBB general budget. Fans got the "don't like overseeing or managing minutes for that many players" storyline, but like most things in life it actually came down to $$$.
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adriacus Peratuun said:

GarlandBear84 said:

ScottS said:

Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships

True, but she typically only filled 12-13 while here and I don't think she ever used all 15.
Because a former AD allowed her to transfer some of the $$$ saved from the unused scholarships to the WBB general budget. Fans got the "don't like overseeing or managing minutes for that many players" storyline, but like most things in life it actually came down to $$$.
The "Almighty" $! seems like a smart thing to do...
zunooreo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adriacus Peratuun said:

GarlandBear84 said:

ScottS said:

Lynnp550 said:

5 of those 17 are in the transfer portal.....



Math says thst gives KM 3 more ships

True, but she typically only filled 12-13 while here and I don't think she ever used all 15.
Because a former AD allowed her to transfer some of the $$$ saved from the unused scholarships to the WBB general budget. Fans got the "don't like overseeing or managing minutes for that many players" storyline, but like most things in life it actually came down to $$$.
She needed the scholarship $$$ to pay her daughter $50K/yr to coordinate the student volunteers. Believe it.

Sic'em
Meladee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorTaxman said:

PaulW74 said:

I guess I haven't seen the complete list of those we lost. I know Gusters left, but did Jordyn Oliver leave too? She could have gotten a lot of playing time under this new coach.
Jordyn transferred to Duke.


Jordyn announced she was transferring on March 31 and had been signed and announced by Duke before there was a whisper of KM leaving. She likely would have done well in NC's system but she was already gone.
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am guessing that the recruits and portal players are in the quiet time zone till May 9th. Smothered could still be some in and out movement after that date?? Would like to get the big girl from Desoto..Sa'mya Smith...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.