For the Doom And Gloom, Confused and Blathering Mulkeyists

6,323 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Double D
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor moved on. Mulkey moved on.

Time for you to move on. Please find attached a map for you to find your new home.

SSadler
You promising you have? Here and on other teams' Boards?
Malbec
No self-respecting Bear would drive the moving van through College Station.
Space53
I have to agree with Malbec.
BuinmyBlood
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Time for you to move on. Please find attached a map for you to find your new home.

You know I generally enjoy reading your posts and you do seem to have good basketball knowledge at times, and I definitely appreciate that. But this kind of condescending crap that you bring over from the Premium board groupthink to the women's board is just totally uncalled for. You asked us to tone it down and I know at least for myself I have definitely made a point to do that and I'm trying to move on. But you guys don't seem to want to play the game unless it's played your way only. I'm waiting for the Mulkey haters to move on and quit with the cheap shots at every possible occasion.

So. I'm moving on. Are you?
BUVA
Be sure to stop at Breaux Bridge and eat at Poche's! Take a cooler so you can stock up on crawfish bread.
Chibears2
BuinmyBlood said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

You know I generally enjoy reading your posts and you do seem to have good basketball knowledge at times, and I definitely appreciate that. But this kind of condescending crap that you bring over from the Premium board groupthink to the women's board is just totally uncalled for. You asked us to tone it down and I know at least for myself I have definitely made a point to do that and I'm trying to move on. But you guys don't seem to want to play the game unless it's played your way only. I'm waiting for the Mulkey haters to move on and quit with the cheap shots at every possible occasion.

Thank you! Thank you, so much! I sincerely appreciate your posting this. Seems it's not allowed to appreciate what Kim did for the program and have skepticism about some of the narrative surrounding her departure without being labeled a cultist or an apologist. Screw that. I can understand she's gone, I can believe our program will move on and I can support our new coach, AND I can believe there are those who cannot be objective about our previous coach because they had their own agendas which influence their perspectives. Doesn't make them bad people, but being a bully do those of us who think critically for ourselves despite labels being shoved on us diminishes their position. I haven't had the courage or will to post that. I appreciate your doing it!
Adriacus Peratuun
BuinmyBlood said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

What the casual observer reads on the WBB Board:

Collen hires a highly seasoned Assistant, badmouth both new coaches
Ursin wants to go to nursing school [not practical at Baylor], blame Collen
Dauda prefers to go with coaches she knows, blame Collen
Gusters prefers to stay with HC with who she signed, blame Collen
Baylor names Court after donor making large naming donation [standard stuff], blame Baylor
Former Assistants consider all of their job options, blame Collen
Committed recruit withdraws commitment to evaluate new staff, blame Collen

The Mulkeyists have not toned down their rhetoric and nonsense. Rather, they incessantly badmouth the new staff for items outside their control. They blame Baylor for doing what almost every school would do in the same circumstances. And they lionize Mulkey every step of the way steadfastly while refusing to acknowledge her sizable part in the divorce, ignoring her crazy demands [or as they say "requests"], and assigning blame to everyone else.

Why does that behavior deserve a free pass? Some people "moved on" and are supporting the new staff but others are doing everything they can to spread their negativity and undermine the new staff. The new staff deserves better. True Baylor fans should be calling out the cancer.
Old300Bear
Yet YOU are the one creating new threads to keep things going.
Fred Barber
IowaBear
Winner winner chicken dinner
Adriacus Peratuun
Old300Bear said:

Yet YOU are the one creating new threads to keep things going.
So.......if I understand your logic........the dozens of attack comments against the new staff on numerous threads are NOT "keep[ing] things going" but telling the people doing it to stop & leave IS "keep[ing] things going".

OK. Nice logic.
IowaBear
Can't have it both ways AP. You have thrown about half a mill shots at Kim since she's left. Seems hypocritical of you to go at people criticizing Collen while simultaneously taking shots at Mulkey. I'm excited to see what coach Collen can do for BU, can't speak for anyone else but it sure seems like the majority is willing to give her a shot
Adriacus Peratuun
IowaBear said:

Can't have it both ways AP. You love thrown about half a mill shots at Kim since she's left. Seems hypocritical of you to go at people criticizing Cullen while simultaneously taking shots at Mulkey. I'm excited to see what coach Cullen can do for BU, can't speak for anyone else but it sure seems like the majority is willing to give her a shot
There is a fundamental difference in holding Mulkey responsible for things she said, things she did, and situations she created......and attacking Collen for things she didn't do, situations she didn't create, and people she cannot control. Think people see the difference.

The answer is simple......the Mulkey Loyalists need to stop incessantly attacking the new staff.

If I am guilty of vocally standing up for the new staff and against the former fans attacking them, I can easily live with that guilt.
BaylorRocks
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BuinmyBlood said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

What the casual you lower-class non-premium observer, unlike me, reads on the WBB Board:

Collen hires a highly seasoned Assistant, badmouth both new coaches 2 Star
Ursin wants to go to nursing school [not practical at Baylor], blame Collen 2 Star
Dauda prefers to go with coaches she knows, blame Collen 2 Star
Gusters prefers to stay with HC with who she signed, blame Collen 2 Star
Baylor names Court after donor making large naming donation [standard stuff], blame Baylor Liberal Linda and 2 Star
Former Assistants consider all of their job options, blame Collen 2 Star
Committed recruit withdraws commitment to evaluate new staff, blame Collen 2 Star

The Mulkeyists have not toned down their rhetoric and nonsense. Rather, they incessantly badmouth the new staff Liberal Linda and 2 Star for items outside their control. They blame Baylor for doing what almost every no school would do in the same circumstances. And they lionize Mulkey every step of the way steadfastly while refusing to acknowledge her sizable part in the divorce, ignoring her crazy demands [or as they say "requests"], and assigning blame to everyone else.

Why does that behavior deserve a free pass? Some people "moved on" and are supporting the new staff but others are I am doing everything they I can to spread perpetuate their negativity on this site and undermine the new staff. The new staff deserves better. True Baylor fans should be calling out the cancer....2 Star.

You don't comprehend what you read very well. So, in an effort to help you, I FIFY.

Sic'em
IowaBear
How is you openly attacking Kim's personality or questioning whether she's an elite coach standing up for the new staff? I'm sure you've openly stood up for the new staff (good for you) you've also thrown shot after shot at Kim regarding stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with the new staff. Most on here who love Mulkey like myself have moved on. I'm ready to see what the new staff can do while also appreciating everything Kim did for BU.
BERFAN
Looks to me like a couple of "true Baylor Fans" did call out the cancer and it looks to me like it is you that is the cancer. It seems like many from the premium board come on here and think they are better than everybody and want to tell us all how we should think. It is OK to have a different opinion than you and still be a "True Baylor Fan". Part of that fandom includes having high expectations for the team that you love and support. Baylor WBB is on of the top if not the top NCAA WBB programs. Expecting better does not mean that I will not support any of the coaches and I will still keep my season tickets. If that makes me a cancer then I guess everyone is a cancer.
lookin4awin
Adriacus Peratuun said:

IowaBear said:

Can't have it both ways AP. You love thrown about half a mill shots at Kim since she's left. Seems hypocritical of you to go at people criticizing Cullen while simultaneously taking shots at Mulkey. I'm excited to see what coach Cullen can do for BU, can't speak for anyone else but it sure seems like the majority is willing to give her a shot
There is a fundamental difference in holding Mulkey responsible for things she said, things she did, and situations she created......and attacking Collen for things she didn't do, situations she didn't create, and people she cannot control. Think people see the difference.

The answer is simple......the Mulkey Loyalists need to stop incessantly attacking the new staff.

If I am guilty of vocally standing up for the new staff and against the former fans attacking them, I can easily live with that guilt.
AP- Just stop. You are acting like Eddie Haskell and very immature. You are wanting to keep stirring the pot. You aren't funny anymore-nobody needs you to be their compass or guide- and from my observation, most everyone ion this board s getting behind the new coach. Surely, you have something better to do than to keep the crap going. Post away on the premium board---you guys all enjoy that over there.
Adriacus Peratuun
The "we are innocent" crowd (a sampling):

Don't like being reminded? Too bad.
IowaBear
So a group of what 7 posters speaks for the entire group? I could go back and screenshot about 500 posts of you dogging on Mulkey for no real reason other then you just don't like her. Like I said it goes both ways, you seem to enjoy egging things on by constantly throwing Mulkey shade for no real reason at this point when a good 95% of the board has moved on
BaylorRocks
Adriacus Peratuun said:

The "we are innocent" crowd (a sampling):

Don't like being reminded? Too bad.
Thank you for confirming that you are a troll. You used a post of mine targeting Mack Rhoades (which I've been very consistent about for multiple years now) to claim somehow I "bad mouthed" the new women's basketball coaching staff. I was the one that even fixed your post and pasted Daddy Mack (aka "2 Star") everywhere in it.

So you're either extremely stupid...or a troll. I'm going to be nice and choose troll.

Buh Bye <IGNORE>

Sic'em
ScottS
Time to award AP a Blake Eddy
Jayman1963
BUVA said:

Be sure to stop at Breaux Bridge and eat at Poche's! Take a cooler so you can stock up on crawfish bread.
Also stop in Jennings (about halfway between Lake Charles and Lafayette) at the Boudin King - yum!!
Oldgrizzly
We all need to stop poking the Bear. Time to move on and be supportive and positive.
EvilTroyAndAbed
The one thing that is true is the first time Collen loses a game Baylor is favored in (which Kim did a couple times each year), this board will lose their s*!t and demand firings and vow to not go to any more games. The standard stuff.
ImABearToo
Winning coaches at Baylor are few and far between and so losing them for no reason is hard to process. Yes I wish CAB were still our coach and truth be known, he should be. Loosing KM on the heels of Briles just added fuel to those embers that were still burning. But alas, CSD has us on top in men's basketball while football and WBB pull themselves up by the bootstraps from the blow of loosing two of the most popular BU coaches ever. Our foes to the south (Texas College) would love to have had the decade of sports success we just enjoyed so in that I take great comfort and look forward to the future.
Old300Bear
Not me, I'll be in my seat just like I have for 99% of every men's and women's games since I moved here in 2008.
Fred Barber
lookin4awin
Old300Bear said:

Not me, I'll be in my seat just like I have for 99% of every men's and women's games since I moved here in 2008.
Unfortunately I can't drive from Houston to Waco for that many games, but if I lived in Waco I'd be at all of them. But with the talent we should have on the floor next year-there shouldn't be many losses. We do return the best player in the Nation.
lookin4awin
ScottS said:

I might as well ask...but I'm scared to...what is a Blake Eddy?
Malbec
lookin4awin said:

ScottS said:

I might as well ask...but I'm scared to...what is a Blake Eddy?
Eball
Right on!
Big Bear
Just because I am pissed about Kim being forced out does not mean I will or will not keep following the Lady Bears. Dumb ass logic. By the way I am and will always be a BU backer/fan for all BU sports. I follow all of them. This is the first post coming from you that I think is not thoughtful.
drahthaar
Big Bear said:

Just because I am pissed about Kim being forced out does not mean I will or will not keep following the Lady Bears. Dumb ass logic. By the way I am and will always be a BU backer/fan for all BU sports. I follow all of them. This is the first post coming from you that I think is not thoughtful.
She wasn't "forced out".
ABC BEAR
We need to revisit this thread in 3 years and evaluate the opposing comments at that time. Lots of posters opinions will be vindicated one way or the other.
drahthaar
ABC BEAR said:

We need to revisit this thread in 3 years and evaluate the opposing comments at that time. Lots of posters opinions will be vindicated one way or the other.
History will give Kim the recognition she has earned with her unprecedented success. There will always be those who nitpick over details of personality, comments in and our of context, etc.
Bearprof
The notion that Mulkey was forced out is nonsense. She would have been making the same salary, there was no decrease in staff support that has been reported, there is a new basketball fieldhouse on the way, and so on. So she didn't get along with Mack...? Ok, this happens all the time in any workplace. So what? She decided to leave within a few weeks of the men's first natty. A horrible look for her. I wish her well except if and when she plays BU. I'm sorry that we missed out on Dauda, but she's one player. Let's see how the new staff develops talent and recruits.

Moving on.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.