Trinity Oliver in the portal?

31,831 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SATXBear
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
???
Space53
She graduated in December so maybe she is done. Did you she something.
ScottS
Yes in a Baylor Facebook group. Just checking its validity.
Bone Squad
https://www.fox44news.com/news/local-news/baylors-moon-ursin-and-trinity-oliver-enter-the-transfer-portal/
ScottS
We're halfway nuked now. Where are the premium side posters to smooth the waters?
BaylorRocks
Both will end up at LSU. And.....pro tip....don't take the bet that they won't.

Sic'em
Space53
Good luck to them both. We officially need players.
ScottS
Space53 said:

Have no fear. The premium boys will be along soon to show you its all an upgrade.
Space53
Coach Cummings has a daughter that signed with Ole Miss she might have to go get her.
Old300Bear
ScottS said:

Space53 said:

Have no fear. The premium boys will be along soon to show you its all an upgrade.

Careful ScottS or Mack's minions will be coming for you! :-)
Fred Barber
whitetrash
ScottS said:

Space53 said:

DanaDane
Relax Scott. It's not over. Oliver was 1 of 2 I knew was contemplating an exit. Will be interesting to see if the other announces soon or decides to stick with us.
Bone Squad
So that gets us down to 7 players, and still supposedly one of those is contemplating a transfer.

1. NaLyssa Smith
2. Jaden Owens
3. Kamaria McDaniel
4. Sarah Andrews
5. Queen Egbo
6. Caitlin Bickle
7. Jordan Lewis

sicem45
ScottS said:

Space53 said:

You need to give Nicki time to fix this. Kim leaving is was expedited this entire thing.
HoustonBear15
Bone Squad said:

So that gets us down to 7 players, and still supposedly one of those is contemplating a transfer.

1. NaLyssa Smith
2. Jaden Owens
3. Kamaria McDaniel
4. Sarah Andrews
5. Queen Egbo
6. Caitlin Bickle
7. Jordan Lewis

This is still a really good seven to have and would win a lot of games. However, 5 of them would be in their senior season and would leave a huge hole in the following year.
Dcheetah
Is Jaden the one considering.a transfer? She has never followed CNC or Tari and they are not following her.
Bear2019
Old300Bear said:

ScottS said:

Space53 said:

Not to sound all-knowing or mysterious, but I look forward to the day when the back story comes out about this entire WBB saga. Many of you would be amazed. Yet a few of you that have been around this self-destructive bag of doorknobs for any period of time would not. I'm no inside guru. But I have enough access to know what I care to know. Karma is going to have its say in this. And a few small drops of bad karma have already started to rain. Personally, I feel sorry for Collen. I do not believe that she truly understands what she has just walked into. She appears to be a kind and caring soul. And I do wish her well. She is a coach at my alma mater. I hope she has a plan B. I just wish fine men like Dr's McCall and Reynolds were here to see this. They would be turning over tables.
Bone Squad
It's a good 7 players, but it's a recipe for all of them to be badly fatigued by the end of the season.
Lone Star
zunooreo said:

Both will end up at LSU. And.....pro tip....don't take the bet that they won't.

I will take that bet....easily. "Pro?" LOL, hardly. Neither of them will end up at LSU.
Bear2019
There's a rumor going around that Bickle's been doing google searches for tattoo parlors and Popeye's locations in the Red Stick. That's a bad sign.
blackie
Caddywampus said:

There's a rumor going around that Bickle's been doing google searches for tattoo parlors and Popeye's locations in the Red Stick. That's a bad sign.
You mean the one that tweeted, once a bear, always a bear?

What would that make....25 on the LSU roster? Perhaps Mulkey has found a way to increase her odds. Corner the market on all players in the country, convince them they don't need a scholarship and that it will be great sitting on the bench watchin others play.
blackie
This conspiracy theory probably needs to be on the R&P board, but it would be swamped with all the other B.S. over there But if Messer is going to LSU, why is she sitting around here where she can legally talk to the players?
BiPolarBear
HoustonBear15 said:

Bone Squad said:

1. NaLyssa Smith
2. Jaden Owens
3. Kamaria McDaniel
4. Sarah Andrews
5. Queen Egbo
6. Caitlin Bickle
7. Jordan Lewis

This is still a really good seven to have and would win a lot of games. However, 5 of them would be in their senior season and would leave a huge hole in the following year.
. It is my understanding that the NCAA gave everyone regardless of class an extra year of eligibility because of COVID-19. Isn't it possible some of the seniors come back for an extra year?
Bear2019
blackie said:

This conspiracy theory probably needs to be on the R&P board, but it would be swamped with all the other B.S. over there But if Messer is going to LSU, why is she sitting around here where she can legally talk to the players?
Mulkey and the rest of her staff from Baylor are currently in Waco. They are packing and processing local affairs before they are gone. Kim is keeping her current home in Waco. Daughter/husband and grandkids stay. They won't be fully boots-on-the-ground at LSU until July. That is straight from Kim. I posted nearly 2 weeks ago that Messer was going with Kim. That is what I was specifically told...and that all of her former staff with the exception of one coach was going with her..that one exception assuming to be Bill Brock. Her daughter also being the exception, although she is not a coach. Not sure why people are so hung up on Messer's status, unless it is her current social media content. I think all of that is in mothballs at the moment until LSU officially announces the staff additions. Then everything will be updated.
BBWCBear
Old300Bear said:

ScottS said:

Space53 said:

Tha MACKster!
blackie
Caddywampus said:

blackie said:

Mulkey and the rest of her staff from Baylor are currently in Waco. They are packing and processing local affairs before they are gone. Kim is keeping her current home in Waco. Daughter/husband and grandkids stay. They won't be fully boots-on-the-ground at LSU until July. That is straight from Kim. I posted nearly 2 weeks ago that Messer was going with Kim. That is what I was specifically told...and that all of her former staff with the exception of one coach was going with her..that one exception assuming to be Bill Brock. Her daughter also being the exception, although she is not a coach. Not sure why people are so hung up on Messer's status, unless it is her current social media content. I think all of that is in mothballs at the moment until LSU officially announces the staff additions. Then everything will be updated.
My point was that Mulkey is an LSU employee, Messer is not. She can legally talk to players as much as she wants and tell them who knows what. Then she magically shows up on an LSU payroll later. Pretty slimy if that is happening. Robert's and Derrick already offially LSU. Why not Messer if not for a planned LSU agenda?
Bear2019
blackie said:

Caddywampus said:

blackie said:

My point was that Mulkey is an LSU employee, Messer is not. She can legally talk to players as much as she wants and tell them who knows what. Then she magically shows up on an LSU payroll later. Pretty slimy if that is happening. Robert's and Derrick already offially LSU. Why not Messer if not for a planned LSU agenda?
Personally, I am not privy to the exact protocol. But you can be rest assured that Scott Woodward is monitoring all of this with his AD team. LSU does not need any more headaches. And Kim Mulkey is not going to jeopardize an entire career of integrity to bolster up one incoming class, be it transfers or recruits. That you can be sure of.
blackie
I don't think anyone can be sure of much of anything with the egos involved. It just doesn't smell right.
Lion82
Program blown up by two star Mack. Great job! If smith or Egbo bolts we won't make the tournament. Not going to make it in 2023 anyway or thereafter.

Baylor doesn't care about any of this. Only football and men's basketball

Cnc probably took the job because of money and she was on the hot seat in Atlanta anyway. I have nothing against her she seems nice enough. If the program tanks under her watch it will ruin her career which is sad

So much for the baylor brand. HOF coach leaves. Players leave. You end up in the cellar in two years.

Athletic director in over his head on this deal. Don't think Drew isn't watching how this is handled.

**Mack
Bear2019
Lion82 said:

Program blown up by two star Mack. Great job! If smith or Egbo bolts we won't make the tournament. Not going to make it in 2023 anyway or thereafter.

Baylor doesn't care about any of this. Only football and men's basketball

Cnc probably took the job because of money and she was on the hot seat in Atlanta anyway. I have nothing against her she seems nice enough. If the program tanks under her watch it will ruin her career which is sad

So much for the baylor brand. HOF coach leaves. Players leave. You end up in the cellar in two years.

Athletic director in over his head on this deal. Don't think Drew isn't watching how this is handled.

**Mack
You are probably right. Think of it like this. If the transfer portal deadline I heard is correct, these girls have until July 1 to go into the portal. That means Collen has to go another 6 weeks to hold onto them. That leaves a lot of time for outside temptations to work their way in. I have to remind myself that these are kids. They think in their own way. Who knows? I know one thing. I am not putting money on any predictions at this point.
setshot
Of the ones who have left, none should have surprised us. Oliver and Ursin have graduated and are likely ready to get on with their lives, and while Ursin would have been a difference maker had she stayed, Trinity would not have been, though she would certainly have helped alleviate the problem of depth. Jordan Oliver's departure was announced well ahead of the Mulkey decision. At the time I did not think that it would have too adverse an effect, but now I see otherwise. I wish that she had stayed, but her lack of playing time was almost certainly a factor, though perhaps not the only one.

As we have recognized over the years, Coach Mulkey is not palatable to every player who initially chooses to cast their lot with Baylor. The senior class of next year included Trinity Oliver coming off a red shirt year, so that put six players of varying quality in the same group. Three remain from that group and a couple of transfers add to it. The truth is, Mulkey and her staff did the program no service by putting emphasis on one class, but this was not the first time that we fell into that trap.

UCONN can get away with it better than anyone else because they can recruit at such a high level any year that they choose to go all out, this next year being a prime example of that, and the year after almost as good, if not equal. Most programs are better served by trying to acquire at least two players each year who are likely to be starting quality by their junior year, or if red shirted, as sophomores.

Mulkey has several times overloaded her recruiting classes, and the departure of four or five contributing seniors has occasioned rebuilds. Our current situation was early on self evident; all one had to do was look at the roster. It was disguised, but made worse, by the quality transfers brought in, because they simply added to the top heavy roster. In successive years she took one frosh player (who left), then two(one of whom left), then one (Dauda), who never made it to campus with Mulkey's departure. That leaves the program with one player from three years of high school recruiting. Presumably this was because the 2022 & 2023 classes were flush and she was backloading open slots for those high quality classes.

She rarely played more than eight players once the conference schedule was opened, so she did what Geno and some other top coaches have done, and that was leave a slot or two open and go with smaller rosters.. There may also have been some budgetary horse-trading involved, as well, though I don't know that to be the case.

I greatly admired many things about Kim Mulkey, both as a coach and as a person, but I was never an unrestrained believer in her recruiting strategies, and I followed that part of her Baylor coaching career very closely. It would serve no useful purpose to discuss the reasons for this, as each of us have our own views, none of them likely to be totally accurate, and few of them to be mere products of our fancy. The point I want to make is that Mack Rhoades is not responsible for all of the choices represented by the events of the last three weeks for so many players on this particular stage, and it serves no useful purpose to pretend otherwise.

DanaDane
Who is at fault is irrelevant at this point. It's now Collen's responsibility to attempt to stop the bleeding, which I'm confident she's on the job attempting to do currently. Mack or anyone else may have Smith's and Egbo's commitment at the moment, but I know both are still here to win a 2nd championship and if they don't see any fruitful results from Collen and her staff through the transfer portal or whatever other means by July 1st that puts them in a better chance to win a championship, that "commitment" may change. Heading into the season with 6 roster scholarship players and a bunch of walk-ons is not that answer, and if that's where we are by late June, it will not be surprising to see 2 more transfers out. Fortunately, I'm confident that Collen will come up with something between now and then.
Lion82
It doesn't really matter what we think of our program, AD and new coach. It matters what our current players, signees and commits think of them and the early sign is they think Baylor is not the place to be anymore.

I've said for years that when kim goes the program will collapse....unless Baylor hires the right coach. As soon as rhoades knew he couldn't get the coaches from either Arizona or Michigan he should have hired messer and retained Brock. It would have stopped the mass exodus and likely saved some of our recruits. Once again his ego wouldn't allow that and the program is headed for trouble.
Lone Star
Caddywampus said:

Well that's about as bogus as it gets. Everyone knows she is a Cane's chicken fan.
SirBearALot
Bone Squad said:

1. NaLyssa Smith
2. Jaden Owens
3. Kamaria McDaniel
4. Sarah Andrews
5. Queen Egbo
6. Caitlin Bickle
7. Jordan Lewis

this is a quality group and we can win with them. Trinity started but did not play many minutes afterward. Even with the current exodus she could still little playing time ahead of these seven. Could she have helped, yes. Would she have been a big contributer..maybe not.but now we need some subs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.