Where is Bill Brock?

39,097 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
WacoFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is not listed on the staff page and he has not retired from coaching.
Double D
Well besides our new Coach there are only two listed. Maybe he is still considering staying. She would not be wise if she did not retain him if he wants to stay..
bowdedg
I'd bet that good ole Mack has something to do with this...
DanaDane
Sitting out on the banks of Lake Waco with a rod and reel in one hand and a margarita in the other?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
It's a wait and see what happens.
TxRainMkr
Playing with grandkids
Lion82
Huge mistake not retaining Brock. Brock and kim made a great team. But After coaching with kim and having the success they had it would a tough way to end his career coaching with someone new who will probably be middle
Of the pack big 12.

Coach cnc will only be successful if she 1) sustains the kind of recruiting the previous staff did (doubtful). 2) continues to dominate opponents on the defensive end and glass 3) keeps the tenancity and grit this program is know for.

BUBBFAN
Lion82 said:

Huge mistake not retaining Brock. Brock and kim made a great team. But After coaching with kim and having the success they had it would a tough way to end his career coaching with someone new who will probably be middle
Of the pack big 12.

Coach cnc will only be successful if she 1) sustains the kind of recruiting the previous staff did (doubtful). 2) continues to dominate opponents on the defensive end and glass 3) keeps the tenancity and grit this program is know for.

We'll see.
Lion82
Would you like to take the under on 2 conference losses for the coming season.
mcleod66
Lion82 said:

Of the pack big 12.

What a ray of sunshine you are.
Dcheetah
Middle of the pack? 4 losses would have won conference unanimously this year.
fredbear
She can't make Brock stay. Kim even lost him to tech for a while. If he is ready to retire, God bless him. Not sure why all the negativity against NC. She did not run Kim off. She has been very respectful of KM. Displacement of anger and frustration on the new coach is an old psychological technique for coping with your changed world, but has never proven to be effective. Coach NC, 98 percent of us welcome you with open minds and hearts. The negative Nancys are verbal but way out numbered. We can see the trail of your efforts. Keep your chin up and your hands to the plow.
WacoFan
My additional two (or three) cents:

1. Bill does not want to retire, if he did, he would have done it already.
2. Bill is good friends with the UT coach in Austin. Short drive from Austin to Waco to see grandkids.
3. Bill has a son-in-law that coaches WBB at UMHB. Yes, it is DIII - but it would be an interesting story.

Just my random thoughts on a Friday.
T-REX
Lion82 said:

Of the pack big 12.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when we win a natty under the new staff
blackie
Lion82 said:

Would you like to take the under on 2 conference losses for the coming season.
I wouldn't take it with Mulkey still here. The days of a handful of teams and coaches in WBB running over everyone else is on its death bed. Parity is surging.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Need a nickname for those that are Kim fans masquerading as Baylor fans.

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs
drahthaar
Brian Ethridge said:

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs

Natteringnabobs?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
drahthaar said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs

Natteringnabobs?
Need Baylor Dan to tell us
Life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape.

AdoptABear: Josh Fleeks, RB, RsSR Cedar Hill
busports
Lion82 said:

Of the pack big 12.

Middle of the pack? You must be having a bad day. I hope it improves soon.
BUVA
Brian Ethridge said:

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs

Mulkeysulkies
BamaGoose
fredbear said:

She can't make Brock stay. Kim even lost him to tech for a while. If he is ready to retire, God bless him. Not sure why all the negativity against NC. She did not run Kim off. She has been very respectful of KM. Displacement of anger and frustration on the new coach is an old psychological technique for coping with your changed world, but has never proven to be effective. Coach NC, 98 percent of us welcome you with open minds and hearts. The negative Nancys are verbal but way out numbered. We can see the trail of your efforts. Keep your chin up and your hands to the plow.
T-REX
Brian Ethridge said:

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs

blue hairs
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUVA said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Nominations:
Kimplants
Mulkeymaniacs

Mulkeysulkies

via GIPHY

Chibears2
This thread is sad on all accounts. So much belittling of the other side by all concerned. Used to be a collegial board. I miss that.
Bone Squad
Agreed. I did not think we'd see the day that the moderators of the board would explicitly encourage people to come up with mocking titles to hurl at fans posting here.
WacoFan
Also agree. My thread was hijacked! I was asking about Bill Brock - not questioning the new coach, the AD or the program in general.

I wish Baylor WBB nothing but the best.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
WacoFan said:

Also agree. My thread was hijacked! I was asking about Bill Brock - not questioning the new coach, the AD or the program in general.

Exactly, the same people come here to stir up Kim. She's gone.

Back to the original post.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bone Squad said:

Agreed. I did not think we'd see the day that the moderators of the board would explicitly encourage people to come up with mocking titles to hurl at fans posting here.
I can't have humor?

Those that can't let Kim go and post the same talking points over and over need to get on with it. She left them and they act like life is over instead of looking to the future.
slimecap
WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S

Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"

https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
T-REX
slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S

Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"

https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
We are so good we have 2 head coaches
T-REX
WacoFan said:

We aren't on a plane, nobody hijacked this lol
fredbear
I'm with Ethridge on this one. It is his duty to call the board back to sanity . Those who want to only talk about Kim and the past need to start their own website. This is BU, sic em. And the BU coach is NC and the future, good or bad, is hers. Rehearsing the same old lines and saying NC will not win as many games is ridiculous. The only one who does win as much as Kim is named Geno. So NC will not avg 88 percent win record and Kim may not have either if she stayed to play Vic. But she left. Let's see what her winning percentage is next year in the Sec. 88 percent next year? Will see.
Reverend
Mods shouldn't be held to a different standard. I'll just read their posts like anyone else's. ( except they're highlighted in green).
Lion82
Time and time again you baylor sunshine pumpers forgive massive screwups by our administration. Briles fiasco and now we lose a hall of fame coach because the AD can't do his damn job.

I'll laugh my a$$ off when **mack tries
to sell us a wnit home game in 2023.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Reverend said:

Mods shouldn't be held to a different standard. I'll just read their posts like anyone else's. ( except they're highlighted in green).
I'll never be a definition of perfection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.