Where is Bill Brock?

39,112 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You sir, are emblematic of the problem, no surprise with your involvement with BU Promotions - just keep turning that blind eye, and justifying poor management of other people's money - watch it slowly go away.

Some will be happy that I'm out too, others will think about the questions I have raised and perhaps in the future we can have a little more transparency and accountability with the gifts we give to the institution we love.
BUbackerinET
We can just agree to disagree on almost everything-I'm good with that
BBWCBear
itsjuzme said:

BUatbirth said:

This thread is titled "Where is Bill Brock?". For anyone who wants to beat the topic of buyout money into the ground, PLEASE start a new thread, thank you.

Thank you.
Transitioning back to "Where is Bill Brock?"... any updates on that question?
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

You sir, are emblematic of the problem, no surprise with your involvement with BU Promotions - just keep turning that blind eye, and justifying poor management of other people's money - watch it slowly go away.

Some will be happy that I'm out too, others will think about the questions I have raised and perhaps in the future we can have a little more transparency and accountability with the gifts we give to the institution we love.
involvement with BU Promotions? What are you talking about? Im not paid nor employed in any way by Baylor. I pay for my own tickets, my own gas to drive to waco for games, my own plane tickets and hotels to attend away games. Baylor didnt give me a single penny to pay for my trip to the mens final four nor my trip to orlando a few weeks ago for mens tennis final 4. Baylor has never once even offered me any type of partnership nor compensation in any way. I didn't even attend school at Baylor. My alumni by choice decree is the only thing Baylor has ever given me and I was nominated by a grad, not the school.

Im very curious about this so call involvement with BU Promotions. Please, enlighten me because if Im supposed to be getting compensated for this, I want to know where all that money is going.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

So you do acknowledge that it is a gift and not a purchase of ownership which means you have no stake nor power to demand information nor any influence. Glad you finally understand that
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
BBWCBear said:

itsjuzme said:

BUatbirth said:

This thread is titled "Where is Bill Brock?". For anyone who wants to beat the topic of buyout money into the ground, PLEASE start a new thread, thank you.

Thank you.
his wife said my wedding photos were beautiful on fb yesterday. not sure if that means anything tho
Baylor MBA 2023
sswienton
T-REX said:

BBWCBear said:

itsjuzme said:

BUatbirth said:

Thank you.
his wife said my wedding photos were beautiful on fb yesterday. not sure if that means anything tho
It probably means she only saw the pictures of your bride
sswienton
BUbackerinET said:

I've tried to refrain from this (on a Bill Brock thread of all things), but people like you and CaddyDorkus and LionCub82 making repeated statements like this are giving the "Mulkian's" a bad rap here, and the cause of continued strife and argument amongst Baylor fans. I think the majority of us are in the middle of appreciating everything Kim did, but ready to move on with CNC.

If you were *actually* concerned about the money, you would be have been complaining about Kim's salary too - considering (depending on who's reporting it) it was the highest or a close 2nd to Geno's - and no one else is really that close except for Dawn Staley; and WBB does not bring in the same $$$ as MBB to "justify" it. Until Kim leaving for LSU, which triggered multiple raises for several coaches (UGA and ASU for example), WBB coaches salaries were *considerably* lower across the board.

So please, save the sanctimonious lecture about Baylor Athletic's management of their money. Even though I disagree with their stances, at least Caddy and Lion are transparent about their hate for Mack for "letting Kim go" - maybe you feel similar and just don't want to admit it?

For what it's worth, even though I think it's crazy she was making that much (relative to her peers, and the same as Drew at one point?) - I didn't have a problem with Baylor paying her what they did. Baylor WBB is recognizable as probably the top program behind UConn - Kim is responsible for that. Yeah, she bent Baylor over her knee to get everything her program received, but that's what leverage will get ya.
Malbec
T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

That makes me as much of a stockholder as any of those making the decisions with my and everyone else's money. Look, we obviously will have to agree to disagree on making it acceptable for millions of dollars being lost by poor management decisions.
it's not your money. You donated it. It was a gift. You did not invest it into an ownership stake. You don't have the ability to withdraw any money back at anytime. Baylor isn't a broker. When you give your friend $5 on their bday, you don't get to argue about how they spend it.

Last time I checked, Baylor isn't listed on the exchange......
I don't know about you, but I don't go around asking everybody to slip me some cash on my birthday. Baylor, on the other hand, actively solicits their donor base, and does so aggressively with its alumni. Stewardship is a thing, especially when you claim to have a mission to uphold.
BUbackerinET
Really? Satisfy your curiosity:

"DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Instagram: t_rex_bu"

IT's YOUR OWN TAGLINE!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

Really:

It's your own tag line.

via GIPHY

BUbackerinET
Yep, precisely.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

Yep, precisely.

via GIPHY

drahthaar
Knowing Baylor as I do, it took Kim bending BU over her knee to get where she got us. BU leadership was happy to take the ride but not. happy to cover the freight. Now the excess leading to losses? You bet, but that should have led to discussions about finances long before the recent separation.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Really? Satisfy your curiosity:

IT's YOUR OWN TAGLINE!
That is called a signature, not a tagline dumbass.

Yea, I promote Baylor on my social media with photos and videos and tweets ect. I am doing that without any partnership with Baylor. Every time you wear a tshirt in public with a BU on it, you are actively promoting Baylor. Just like when I wear the various SicEm 365 shirts I have purchased, I am directly promoting the website. But 365 didnt pay me a dime to promote them in Orlando at the Men's Tennis Final 4......

I have never once been approached by Baylor for any kind of promotion gig. Im not a pair of twins on youtube making 30k a semester.......
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
Malbec said:

T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

That makes me as much of a stockholder as any of those making the decisions with my and everyone else's money. Look, we obviously will have to agree to disagree on making it acceptable for millions of dollars being lost by poor management decisions.
it's not your money. You donated it. It was a gift. You did not invest it into an ownership stake. You don't have the ability to withdraw any money back at anytime. Baylor isn't a broker. When you give your friend $5 on their bday, you don't get to argue about how they spend it.

I don't know about you, but I don't go around asking everybody to slip me some cash on my birthday. Baylor, on the other hand, actively solicits their donor base, and does so aggressively with its alumni. Stewardship is a thing, especially when you claim to have a mission to uphold.
so you dont pin dollar bills to your shirt on you birthday?
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Yep, precisely.
I think you misunderstood, we are laughing at you
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
I'll offer up my Triumph Thruxton to the first one of you to be the bigger person and quit bickering like 2 year olds. Good lord
Bone Squad
I have to say, I'm disappointed by the vitriol in these forums in general lately.

I have long considered it a strength of this board that people here kept everything "above the belt," including towards fans of other teams that were made to feel welcome here as long as they were not intentionally being obnoxious. We all knew how to disagree without being disagreeable.

Lately, open name-calling, insults, and ridicule have become the norm. I suggest everyone take a look at message boards for a handful of other schools and see how toxic the majority of them are, then ask yourselves whether that's really who we want to become.
pwactwac
I just spent 15mins reading through this thread to find out what was happening with Coach Brock. So does anyone know what is actually happening with Bill? lol. smh.
Malbec
T-REX said:

Malbec said:

T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

You could pay Kim Mulkey's salary with the number of dollar bills it would take to cover my shirt.
T-REX
drahthaar said:

Knowing Baylor as I do, it took Kim bending BU over her knee to get where she got us. BU leadership was happy to take the ride but not. happy to cover the freight. Now the excess leading to losses? You bet, but that should have led to discussions about finances long before the recent separation.
I have just assumed we never tried cutting the budget because kim would have caused more drama than it was probably worth.
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
Malbec said:

T-REX said:

Malbec said:

T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

You could pay Kim Mulkey's salary with the number of dollar bills it would take to cover my shirt.
lot of muscle.under that big shirt
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

I have to say, I'm disappointed by the vitriol in these forums in general lately.

I have long considered it a strength of this board that people here kept everything "above the belt," including towards fans of other teams that were made to feel welcome here as long as they were not intentionally being obnoxious. We all knew how to disagree without being disagreeable.

Lately, open name-calling, insults, and ridicule have become the norm. I suggest everyone take a look at message boards for a handful of other schools and see how toxic the majority of them are, then ask yourselves whether that's really who we want to become.
that's what free boards offer. We all get along great on the rich person side.
Baylor MBA 2023
BUbearinARK
So who's this Bill Brock guy and where is he?
T-REX
BUbearinARK said:

hanging with Carmen San Diego
Baylor MBA 2023
Bone Squad
All thread derailing aside, the apparent answer is that no one here really knows.
slimecap
BUbearinARK said:

LadyChickBear
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
He is not listed on the staff page and he has not retired from coaching.
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

Tony Greene has been added as Assistant Coach
Bill Brock remains listed as "Interim Head Coach"

Link for Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
I could be wrong, but I don't see him listed on the Lady Bears page???
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

He's not on the roster, but the staff directory hasn't been updated yet, if he leaves.
slimecap
LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

You are correct. Bill Brock is not listed on the Baylor WBB website.
However, Bill Brock is still listed on the Baylor Athletics Staff Directory.
Maybe 2 different employees at Baylor edit the 2 different pages?
BUbackerinET
Calling names, awesome - you just lost the debate, my friend - pathetic
BUbackerinET
Here's the truth, I don't GAS if you or Brian laugh at me. These issues involve massive losses of money we should not have to deal with. You can both eat a big d!ck!
BUbearinARK
BUbackerinET said:

Here's the truth, I don't GAS if you or Brian laugh at me. These issues involve massive losses of money we should not have to deal with. You can both eat a big d!ck!
That's unkind to offer something you can't deliver

nvm
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

It does involve massive losses of money and is now lesser loss.

Don't offer what you can't provide or T-Rex may go all nom nom on you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.