New assistant coach pick is in!!

3,270 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by slimecap
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wbbfan29
Very interesting hire... I love it. If you guys dont know, she is a big part of Overtimewbb. This is about to be huge for baylor social media presence. A lot of recruits love her and follower her and Overtimewbb. The followers count is almost at 500k.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Wbbfan29 said:

Very interesting hire... I love it. If you guys dont know she is a big part if Overtimewbb. This is about to be really huge for baylor social media presents. Alot of recruits love her and follower Overtimewbb. Follower are almost at 500k.
Yep.
sicem45
This is a BIG time hire.
Wbbfan29
Yes it sure is. I expect baylor recruiting to sky rocket within a the next year or so.
CNC
Is that her primary role on this staff - recruiting?
Wbbfan29
I'm not sure but I guarantee she will be a big influence.
longtimebear
I don't know if she can coach or not....but the lady is well spoken and apparently admired around the basketball nation. Also, will she like this new role and how long before she reaches out for other new things in her life.
WE SHALL SEE !
BUatbirth
Don't really know her. I'm buoyed by everyone's positive posts,,,and by the fact that CNC wouldn't hire someone that wasn't a excellent fit.
slimecap
slimecap
June 21, 2021

slimecap

"Proud to Announce that
our FIRST COACHING client Chloe Pavlech
is the new Assistant Coach of the legendary Baylor WBB Powerhouse.
Congratulations Chloe on your new milestone.
Best of luck at Baylor."
- THE FAM Sports, Entertainment & Marketing Agency: Instagram account

Other clients of THE FAM include
Baylor
Odyssey Sims (WNBA Atlanta) & Alexis Prince
WNBA Atlanta Dream
Monique Billings, Crystal Bradford, Tiffany Hayes,
Cheyenne Parker & Courtney Williams
slimecap

March 13, 2013
slimecap

OVERTIME
backed by $35 million in funding
from NBA luminaries such as Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony,
former NBA commissioner David Stern
and VC heavyweights including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Sapphire Ventures
- and is generating millions of views among Gen Zers.

Generations of sports fans always have been obsessed with the oohs and aahs of the game the one-handed catch for a touchdown, the three-point buzzer beater, the deft dribbling and goal kick, the walk-off grand slam. They're endlessly looped on TV's sports highlights shows, the boo-yah stage for ogling superstars and up-and-comers.

But now Gen Z has arrived and is flipping the channel. Move over, SportsCenter, Overtime is making a major play to win over the 24-and-under crowd, who watch sports-action videos on YouTube, Instagram and other social media platforms where the all-digital cord-cutters hang out.

This revolution centers around a nontraditional sports media strategy. Instead of ponying up big bucks to professional leagues and athletes and college conferences for rights to air live games and highlight videos broadcast and cable TV's hardwired model Overtime contracts with nearly 2,000 smartphone-toting, nominally paid stringers who travel mostly to high schools across the country and nearly a dozen foreign countries to film games and workouts starring Gen Z athletes, many hoping the exposure will garner them college scholarships and pro contracts.

- Excerpts from Bob Woods, CNBC, 13 Nov 2019
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.