Player your most excited to see play this coming season

7,210 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BU71
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since there's been a lot of back and forth between posters lately I figured a change of pace was needed. So with that said which player (s) are you most excited to see on the 21/22 roster. Mine would be McDaniel. She can score from anywhere and seems to get into the paint at will. Assuming she's fully recovered I think she'll have a big season for the lady bears. I'm also excited to see Buckle further develop
TxRainMkr
Kamaria McDaniel
Dcheetah
Kamaria for me too but 1Bs are Queen to see if she can consistently dominate inside but stay in the game and Jaden to see if she can develop into the player we think she can be.
blueeyedbear
IowaBear said:

Since there's been a lot of back and forth between posters lately I figured a change of pace was needed. So with that said which player (s) are you most excited to see on the 21/22 roster. Mine would be McDaniel. She can score from anywhere and seems to get into the paint at will. Assuming she's fully recovered I think she'll have a big season for the lady bears. I'm also excited to see Buckle further develop
Ok, Good idea I will try and help you out.
If I have one player I am excited to see what she can do it is Jaden Owens.
But honestly I am excited to see all of them...there is some very serious talent on this team tight now and with the possible addition of one or two more this could be a really fun special team to watch and a serious contender..
We know Smith is well going to be Smith, Can Queen bring that enormous talent every night and stay on the floor is something I want to see happen, Excited to see Sarah blossom at the Point with playing more minutes, Will McDaniel be the court monster I think she can be, I an excited to see Caitlin get her game confidence back because she is special when she has it, Gillispie has my expectations on high alert, Asberry as we have seen has the ability to light any team up on any given night, Add a scorer Lewis into the mix and this team looks like a mirror of Drew's NT formula.
IF we get Lavender - pack the Ferrell folks because show time is in Waco Texas
T-REX
Bickle on & off the court
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
baylor1984
All the transfers and Kamara.
sicem45
Kamaria and Owens. Owens showed so much potential in that Iowa St game and was rarely seen from again. Wont be able to develop until she gets consistent playing time.
lookin4awin
1. McDaniel
2. Andrews
fredbear
Thanks for the grace of a fresh start. N. Smith owning the floor, playing out of her mind.
Task Force 2015
Kendra.She will be a rookie.
BUatbirth
Kamaria McDaniel
HoustonBear15
I'm excited to see an empowered Caitlin Bickle
Space53
Sarah Andrews. I think she is going to really play well in new system.
HustleBear
All of em'
Wbbfan29
I am so excited for this season to begin.
I can't wait to see how the newbies do, Kamaria, Asberry lewis, Kendra.

Man if we get Briggs... We going to he very good.

But I really want to see Caitlin and Jaden blossom.
HustleBear
Do you know who else is in contention for Briggs?
slimecap
Sarah Andrews

Extra training during the off-season !
Bearprof
I think a healthy Andrews would be very exciting to see develop in this new offensive system. I have appreciated the emphasis NC has said that she will put on defense, as we know Kim put out stellar defensive teams yearly. Like other posters, Owens's play vs. Iowa State left me hopeful, but then she never really played much after that. She has the potential mid-range game, at least on display in HS, that Jackson brought to the party.

As long as we don't become a "bombs-away" type of offensive team, then I think we may be very difficult to defend with Queen and Smith down low. Obviously offense wasn't a priority with Kim, but defense sure as heck was. If there can be more versatility offensively, that is likely going to play well to this team's strengths - guard play.

If McDaniel is healthy, and you get good play from the OSU and Alabama transfer, not to mention an improved Andrews and Owens, this could get very interesting. Should would like another big for depth, but...
HustleBear
Okay, my answer is Andrews!
BikerBear
I want to see players on opposing teams that set a pic in front of Caitlin Bickle. :-)
SirBearALot
I love Queen and her quick turn around jumper.
Eball
Queen!
Eball
Wbbfan29 said:

I am so excited for this season to begin.
I can't wait to see how the newbies do, Kamaria, Asberry lewis, Kendra.

Man if we get Briggs... We going to he very good.

But I really want to see Caitlin and Jaden blossom.
We will be good whether we get another player or not. Our 9 are very good. Next year not the problem or should not be. I would love one or two more bodies but we still have exceptional talent on hand.
Wbbfan29
Yes I know we will be good. Just stating that we would probably be a better. expecially with depth
Wbbfan29
I think our team will be very good. And I believe a lot of people will be counting them out since Kim and others are gone but I think otherwise. If we can stay healthy I can see us winning a lot of games
SABaylorFan
Wbbfan29 said:

I think our team will be very good. And I believe a lot of people will be counting them out since Kim and others are gone but I think otherwise. If we can stay healthy I can see us winning a lot of games.
Staying healthy will be the key, especially if we end up with only the current 9 players on the roster.

As for the question in the OP, I am really looking forward to seeing what Smith does in CNC's system.
DanaDane
Great topic, IB.

I agree on McDaniel. I'm excited to see her at work. Hopefully she's fully recovered from the knee surgery and will be at full speed in November. The couple of times I saw her in action at Penn St, I was fairly impressed with her court vision and passing.
IowaBear
I like everyone's responses. I'll even add Lewis. It would be really intriguing to see combos of Lewis/McDaniel/Asberry on the court together or mixed with Owens/Andrew's. Lots of combinations at the guard spots
Wbbfan29
I like that combo to. I think lewis/mcdaniel/asberry combo will be so good.
IowaBear
Yup and mix match Owens/Andrews with them to maximize their abilities. Added note would be this years squad should be the best FT shooting team in awhile. Someone would have to get their prior percentages but I'd imagine Lewis/Asberry/McDaniel we're all above 78% and it at least seemed like in her limited attempts Andrew's was also good at the line
greggor25
I'd really like to see Bickle shine this year.
slimecap
HoustonBear15 said:

I'm excited to see an empowered Caitlin Bickle

March 14, 2021
Baylor defeats West Virginia
Bone Squad
I would say I'm cautiously optimistic about McDaniel. Her potential is very high if she's 100% recovered and back to herself. But, some great players get snake-bit from an injury and struggle for much longer than you would hope before reaching their formal level again (Tristan Clark).

I look for Andrews to make a big leap forward this year, and due to my question mark for McDaniel, Sarah gets the edge for me.
GarlandBear84
This will be our last chance to watch NaLyssa as a Lady Bear and I fully expect it to be her best season by far, so I'm most excited to watch her. I think she'll average 20+ points with the freedom she'll have.
slimecap
Bearprof said:

Owens's play vs. Iowa State left me hopeful

January 16, 2021
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.