Syracuse Coach resigns

18,866 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by itsjuzme
Wineguy89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we get the Carr sisters (back) please?

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2021/08/syracuse-womens-basketball-coach-quentin-hillsman-has-resigned.html
BUatbirth
Baylor would seem the logical landing place.
Scout Bear
"What in the Wild, Wild World of Sports is going on here?"

-------- Blazing Saddles
Scout Bear
"What in the hell is going on here?"

-----Vince Lombardi
Scout Bear
BUatbirth said:

No, they would just head on back to Tech having seen the country.
whitetrash
Now that he's resigned maybe he'll give back to Elton John the glasses he borrowed.

BUatbirth
Scout Bear said:

BUatbirth said:

No, they would just head on back to Tech having seen the country.
Haaa,,,Yea, they have.
Wbbfan29
They are not sisters, they just have same last name and similar names.
Dcheetah
Priscilla Williams is a 6'2 guard who was an adequate 3pt shooter frosh year but almost certainly will get better with time. H.O. good 3pt shooting. Prev 5Star and Missouri HS player of the year. Injury last season but now healed. Hadn't heard she entered the portal when most teammates left. If she does enter, maybe we look at her as a wing? She follows a few of our players and recruits (Inc Ysabella Fontleroy who is from Missouri) but no coaches yet.

Wish Camilla Carzosa was still available but she transferred to USCe.
Adriacus Peratuun
Dcheetah said:

Priscilla Williams is a 6'2 guard who was an adequate 3pt shooter frosh year but almost certainly will get better with time. H.O. good 3pt shooting. Prev 5Star and Missouri HS player of the year. Injury last season but now healed. Hadn't heard she entered the portal when most teammates left. If she does enter, maybe we look at her as a wing? She follows a few of our players and recruits (Inc Ysabella Fontleroy who is from Missouri) but no coaches yet.

Wish Camilla Carzosa was still available but she transferred to USCe.
The bigger target may be their incoming freshman [#11 recruiting class]. Particularly Latasha Lattimore.
Dcheetah
Forgot we recruited her. Would like her size and athleticism,, esp if Sa'Myah is not looking our way..
Anyone else to watch like the Canadian PG we prev recruited or the other recruits form Tx?
Adriacus Peratuun
Dcheetah said:

Forgot we recruited her. Would like her size and athleticism,, esp if Sa'Myah is not looking our way..
Anyone else to watch like the Canadian PG we prev recruited or the other recruits form Tx?
Lattimore is the gem of their class. Might package deal but Lattimore is the only clear "take".
Lion82
Probably he wasn't up to date on the 4 out and other new offensive schemes and the players felt they were not being properly developed for all star WNBA careers.
WNIT in '23
Adriacus Peratuun
Lion82 said:

Probably he wasn't up to date on the 4 out and other new offensive schemes and the players felt they were not being properly developed for all star WNBA careers.
Dcheetah
Thank you!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Lion82 said:

in 2022/23

via GIPHY

Eball
I tell you what if we have any shot at getting some of their better younger players and incoming class that is the way to go....we can pretty much assure them a ride with a group that could contend for a final four berth next year and widen open opportunities after next year...real tough to convince a talented kid with one year remaining to come to us with the competition that we have in the first 8 players....we need to reach out to the younger kids if they good enough and what we want in our program.
ABC BEAR
Let's hire this guy. The only accepted offers we have thus far are from coaches.
Media Bear
whitetrash said:

Now that he's resigned maybe he'll give back to Elton John the glasses he borrowed.

Didn't know Steve Urkel grew up to be a women's basketball coach ...

Dcheetah
CNC is following her. Let's see if anything comes from this.
BUatbirth
I think we were in consideration for a time but didn't make Lattimore's final 6 list. She then narrowed it to Florida, Kentucky and Syracuse. We know the Florida mess right now. If I'm Kentucky, I'm feeling fairly good right now. However, Baylor is a very different landscape now then when we were recruiting her. She fits this scheme much better. If she enters the portal, I have no doubt CNC and staff will give 110% to get her to Baylor.
Adriacus Peratuun
BUatbirth said:

I think we were in consideration for a time but didn't make Lattimore's final 6 list. She then narrowed it to Florida, Kentucky and Syracuse. We know the Florida mess right now. If I'm Kentucky, I'm feeling fairly good right now. However, Baylor is a very different landscape now then when we were recruiting her. She fits this scheme much better. If she enters the portal, I have no doubt CNC and staff will give 110% to get her to Baylor.
Kentucky is in an entirely different position also. Two days after Signing Day, Coach Mitchell retired & Coach Elzy was named Interim HC [later made permanent]. Kentucky was expected to contend in SEC but significantly underperformed.

All 3 of her finalists have changed head coaches. Very unusual.
Meladee
Lion82 said:

Nope. But pretty serious allegations of his abusive behavior. Seems like an inappropriate time to do whatever it is you think you are doing.
BUatbirth
Thx for the Kentucky update. I feel our situation today will be stronger for Lattimore. Fingers crossed.
I saw that Texas got another verbal. What tha heck?! Moratorium on BU commits?
BUVA
Her films look good. Hope we have a shot.
TxRainMkr
Let's close the deal!
Dcheetah
Maybe....

BUatbirth
I'd be ok with a twofer, package deal, recruiting bundle..

Latasha Lattimore, Shayeann Day-Wilson Decommit from Syracuse
The two class of 2021 prospects will not join the Orange program this season.
MIKE MCALLISTERUPDATED:AUG 4, 2021ORIGINAL:AUG 4, 2021

Two of Syracuse women's basketball's top signees in the 2021 class will not join the program. Latasha Lattimore and Shayeann Day-Wilson will both enter the transfer portal rather than enrolling, Lattimore confirmed. The news was first reported by Syracuse.com. The high school teammates were top 100 prospects and two of the top recruits in Canada in their cycle. The news comes just days after Quentin Hillsman resigned in the midst of an investigation into his conduct.
Lattimore was a 6-foot-4 five star forward who picked Syracuse over Cal, UCLA, Florida, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Baylor and Tennessee, according to ESPNW. She was ranked as the 6th best player at her position in the 2021 class. Dan Olson, who covers women's basketball recruiting for ESPNW, broke down Lattimore as follows:
"Athletic front court performer brings superior length, wingspan, defensive presence in the paint; rebounds and initiates the fast break, runs the floor like a guard and finishes the play in traffic; soft touch in the paint, plays near the rim; continues with a dominant interior game; a difference maker on both ends of the floor."
Day-Wilson was a 5-foot-5 four star point guard who was ranked as the 9th best point guard in the 2021 class. She chose the Orange over Florida, Notre Dame and Michigan. Olson broke her down as follows:
"Athletic floor-leader with a scorer's mentality in the back court; a penetrator, collapses the defense and distributes with flair; elusive floor game, 1 on 1 creator with offensive game beyond the arc; best in uptempo; a disruptor, gambler on defense."

elitglad
Thank you!

Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox
Dcheetah
BUbackerinET
Are we pursuing either of them? We were in the mix previously, so I presume we are, but curious about the status?
BUatbirth
BUbackerinET said:

Are we pursuing either of them? We were in the mix previously, so I presume we are, but curious about the status?
Yes. I'm curious also. I would think that their decisions would be soon if they plan to play this season. Classes begin soon. Might be a done deal and they are waiting for college acceptance etc.
BUbackerinET
Sure hope that's the case, usually early chatter about those things, though
Adriacus Peratuun
Currently playing in Europe for Canada in the FIBA World Cup U19. Have to imagine that the entire process is On Hold until after returning.
BUatbirth
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Currently playing in Europe for Canada in the FIBA World Cup U19. Have to imagine that the entire process is On Hold until after returning.
You may be right. However, I don't see Lattimore on Canada's FIBA19 roster.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.