Love our girls

23,494 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dcheetah
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MrGolfguy
Bickle droppin' the truth!!!

Take a suck of that Sark
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
BUatbirth
Amen Caitlin! Must be frustrating for TU to be unable to find anyone outside of their bubble to worship them the way they worship themselves.
BUVA
Preach, girl!!!!
Scout Bear
So glad Caitlin came to Baylor and is a part of my Baylor family. What a fighter!
IndyYes
Does anybody know how many wins in a row the Lady Bears have had over UT? It has to be at least 20+, right?
IowaBear
Nah they beat us ones like 4 years ago. However I'd wager if you ask what our record in the last 20 vs Texas it's 19-1
BUVA
They beat us once in Waco; that's when then-ut coach Karen Aston was declared "the new sheriff in town." That was her ONLY win against us.
BUatbirth
When Caitlin is done playing I want her on our sideline in some capacity.
Lynnp550
When Caitlin was a Freshman, we talked for a couple of minutes at Family Night. I asked her about her pain level and she said, It hurts all.the.time." My heart went out to her and I've worried about her since, so to see her so healthy with that beautiful, strong, toned, perfect body, my heart is happy!!
Dcheetah
BuinmyBlood
BUVA said:

They beat us once in Waco; that's when then-ut coach Karen Aston was declared "the new sheriff in town." That was her ONLY win against us.
NM
SirBearALot
Actually we are 21 and 1 against the K. Ashton coached horns. They got hot and threw up a bunch of long 3's against us in Waco once. Similar to how we lost in the regionals against Ms.St and Org.St.
blueeyedbear
Lynnp550 said:

When Caitlin was a Freshman, we talked for a couple of minutes at Family Night. I asked her about her pain level and she said, It hurts all.the.time." My heart went out to her and I've worried about her since, so to see her so healthy with that beautiful, strong, toned, perfect body, my heart is happy!!
Caitlin is in the best physical shape of her life right now, the pain is gone and her mental confidence is in the stratosphere. BU fans are in for a shock (good shock) when they see her on the floor the first time this season.
Its not just Caitlin either - this may be the best preseason in several years for BU WBB !!
Did you see all the smiles in the challenge video posted on twitter ? and CNC was right in the middle of it with HER team.
ABC BEAR
IndyYes said:

Does anybody know how many wins in a row the Lady Bears have had over UT? It has to be at least 20+, right?
I believe we've won 27 of the last 28, regular season and conference tournament play.
SSadler
ABC BEAR said:

IndyYes said:

I believe we've won 27 of the last 28, regular season and conference tournament play.
Change the above "won" to "lost" and this could be the epitath on Karen Aston's coaching career at UT.
Lynnp550
Oh yeah, that Challenge video sez it all. My eyes still continue to go to Caitlin. What an amazing transformation in all respects!!
historian
BUVA said:

Failing to beat Baylor is the reason she lost her job.

Baylor owns the Big 12 for the past decade. It's undeniable: just look at the number of conference titles, regular season & tournament. The Horn today's quote is far more accurate about Baylor than Texas. It's a joke.

The real question now is whether Coach Collen can maintain our dominance. I'm optimistic & looking forward to watching the Lady Bears play.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bulldog
historian said:

BUVA said:

Failing to beat Baylor is the reason she lost her job.

Baylor owns the Big 12 for the past decade. It's undeniable: just look at the number of conference titles, regular season & tournament. The Horn today's quote as far more accurate about Baylor than Texas. It's a joke..

The real question now is whether Coach Collen can maintain our dominance. I'm optimistic & looking forward to watching the Lady Bears play.
With Vic Schaefer at the helm at UT, even if Mulkey stayed, it was going to get more challenging. He is reeling in top notch recruiting classes and is an outstanding coach. NC has her work cut out for her, but recruiting is going to be big. The next year or so are big for us to maintain that dominance...
historian
True. I never said it was going to be easy, but I believe our coaches & players have what it takes to win.

Vic was hired specifically because he had beaten Mulkey before. It remains to be seen if that was a one time experience or if he as effective against Collen.
Bulldog
historian said:

True. I never said it was going to be easy, but I believe our coaches & players have what it takes to win.

Vic was hired specifically because he had beaten Mulkey before. It remains time bd seen if that was a one time experience or if he he as effective against Collen.
My point was that after this year, who do we have coming in? We lost our only recruit for this year. We will lose Nalyssa and Jordan Lewis next year for sure. NCs ability to recruit is going to be huge. This year is pivotal for us IMO. If you don't think Schaefer can coach, just ask Brenda Freese. The man has proven what he can do and with the top players he is pulling in at TU, it's going to be interesting.
Lynnp550
Seems you thrive on anxiety and stress. What is the point of stressing and doom-and-gloom prognosticating about things over which we have absolutely no control?
Lynnp550
Karen Astin lost her job for more reasons than failure to beat Baylor.

Thank you for your optimistic outlook! Am I the only person who's fed up with all the negativity from some posters on here?.
Bulldog
Lynnp550 said:

Seems you thrive on anxiety and stress. What is the point of stressing and doom-and-gloom prognosticating about things over which we have absolutely no control?
Pointing out FACTS is not stressing. Anyone with a good handle on where we are with NO solid freshmen and NO highly ranked reinforcements for next year should be concerned. We could also lose Queen next year unless she chooses to take that xtra year. It's a legitimate concern. Add to that the uncertainty of our conference and recruiting could prove challenging!!!
historian
Lynnp550 said:

Thank you for your optimistic outlook! Am I the only person who's fed up with all the negativity from some posters on here?.

Yes, there were other reasons. But the reports at the time said that was one of the main reasons.
itsjuzme
Lynnp550 said:

Honestly I don't feel that someone being realistic necessarily equates to negativity. This is a very critical year for us. The Texas coach made the Elite 8 in his first year with the team that he didn't recruit, not much talent, and no depth. Then he pulls in three high school all Americans along with two juco all Americans. On our side, we had only one recruit and we lost her. Our entire staff that won all those trophies and had so much recruiting success is now gone. We don't have any big recruits lined up YET, and our new coaching staff is not proven. Add to that, damned OU and Texas leaving for the SEC may be the beginning of the end for our current conference. Where do we go from there? It's a known fact that the PAC won't take schools with a religious affiliation. The ACC doesn't seem like a logical option for us either. At this point I don't know what to think, but I can tell you I'm very concerned. The situation is definitely on my recurring prayer list.
SSadler
itsjuzme said:

trophies and had so much recruiting success is now gone. We don't have any big recruits lined up YET, and our new coaching staff is not proven. Add to that, damned OU and Texas leaving for the SEC may be the beginning of the end for our current conference. Where do we go from there? It's a known fact that the PAC won't take schools with a religious affiliation. The ACC doesn't seem like a logical option for us either. At this point I don't know what to think, but I can tell you I'm very concerned. The situation is definitely on my recurring prayer list.
So, what exactly are you praying for God to do?
itsjuzme
SSadler said:

itsjuzme said:

trophies and had so much recruiting success is now gone. We don't have any big recruits lined up YET, and our new coaching staff is not proven. Add to that, damned OU and Texas leaving for the SEC may be the beginning of the end for our current conference. Where do we go from there? It's a known fact that the PAC won't take schools with a religious affiliation. The ACC doesn't seem like a logical option for us either. At this point I don't know what to think, but I can tell you I'm very concerned. The situation is definitely on my recurring prayer list.
So, what exactly are you praying for God to do?

Just praying about the Big 12 mostly. It could be a disaster for us if the conference folds, likely relegating us to some mid-major.
Lynnp550
Bless your heart, you've viewed the glass half empty for so long you can't even recognize your own negativity. I need to get off this forum and look for hopeful people who expect to find a pony somewhere in all that hay.
itsjuzme
Lynnp550 said:

Bless your heart, you've viewed the glass half empty for so long you can't even recognize your own negativity. I need to get off this forum and look for hopeful people who expect to find a pony somewhere in all that hay.

And may God bless you abundantly also. It doesn't change the fact that our future is highly suspect. This could be a do-or-die season and recruiting class for our beloved Lady Bears!
Lynnp550
I rest my case.
WacoKelly83
Caitlin Bickle (@caitlin_bickle) Tweeted:
IM A BAYLOR GRADUATE https://t.co/hQt5ib1y2B
itsjuzme
Lynnp550 said:

I rest my case.

Heart
Bickle, beautiful, strong, and smart!
baylor1984
Glad she has her degree now. A beautiful young lady and a great Baylor Bear.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.